Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:49
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Baron

Did anyone every play GunZ the Duel for PC?

Baron    2

Pretty much what the title said, I played this little slice of third person shooter heaven, I was just wondering if anyone else did?

I don't know if they bothered with a sequel or not, but I loved this game all the same.

gunz_2_wallpaper__by_prozdesign-d36qqug.jpg

GlitchyV2    0

Used to play this when i was like 8-12 years old.

(Along with Acclaim Bots, THAT was awesome!)

Has it improved since then?

Baron    2

They closed down the servers for the first one, :( but it's not all bad news.

http://gunz2.co.uk/closed-beta

Sequels. :D

Frayzies    6

I played it when I was like thirteen. It was crap then and I imagine it is probably still crap.

Sorry! Just my opinion. :)

Baron    2

I played it when I was like thirteen. It was crap then and I imagine it is probably still crap.

Sorry! Just my opinion. :)

Everyone has their own opinions, I guess because I played with a load of friends I found it really fun, it's more nostalgia fueled fanboyism that drove me to squeal in a very unmanly manner at the sight of the re-make.

Played it and it's the same as before...

I'm okay with that, I know some people might not be, but I loved the old GunZ and this looks to be just a HD/remastered version.

i was a fuckin butterfly master, i loved that game.

it got old quick from the hackers though.

adding this game to my nostalgia thread. lol

Baron    2

i was a fuckin butterfly master, i loved that game.

it got old quick from the hackers though.

adding this game to my nostalgia thread. lol

Hackers were a big problem, I agree.

Now steams Greenlit it, it might get some proper funding for good Anti-hack software, I used to K-Style and butterfly around the place like an invincible bunny with a sword.

i remember first learning the butteryfly technique, hardest month of my life. i couldnt K-style for the life of me

Baron    2

i remember first learning the butteryfly technique, hardest month of my life. i couldnt K-style for the life of me

I learned to K-Style properly after a year of playing, the butterfly I picked up after a month or two like you.

It was difficult, but ended up being the only way you could be any good, if someone knew how to properly K-Style and Butterfly at the same time, you were dead if you didn't know how to do it back. xD

Cid    333

I was able to play very poorly (compared to people who played the game regularly as well as my friends who were really good) but I had my moments. it was really something we played when there was nothing else to do. I would love to see the new game come out, though at this point I'm not even sure if it will.

Baron    2

I was able to play very poorly (compared to people who played the game regularly as well as my friends who were really good) but I had my moments. it was really something we played when there was nothing else to do. I would love to see the new game come out, though at this point I'm not even sure if it will.

It's been greenlit on steam, so that might be sooner than we think. :D

Use to play this game along time ago, I had a blast once I started learning. GunZ Came out in a good year though. Got kind of repetitive after awhile and if you didn't have friends to play with, got kind of boring. Really interested in seeing the Sequel though. With the new Graphics that all these games have, should be pretty awesome. Hopefully the game mechanics will be compatible with a Controller >:)

Reptile449    0

haha, I played Bots. Used to love that game so much.

Never played Gunz, but I played A.V.A which I think was launched from the same gaming hub platform software thing?

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Played it for ages yeah!! Shame they shut the game down. Loved the background music too.

[video=youtube]

Guest Shamanec   
Guest Shamanec

I used to be a clan leader of one of the strongest clans back at international gunz. the forums still exist but are inactive. SilentStep, if somebody around here remembers me.

Alan Woods    3

Played it for ages yeah!! Shame they shut the game down. Loved the background music too.

[video=youtube]

Memories <3