Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:23

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen

I'm furious..

Frozen    45

Everyone fucking robs, 12 times in 2 days, 12 !

Why can't people just rp stuff out and are obligated to yell * DROP ALL YOUR FUCKING WEAPONS OR YOU DIE *

Why can't fucking anyone try rp over fucking saying : Hi, can I have your ID, DROP YOUR WEAPONS.

Everyone is robbing me : Imperial Dragons, CLF, ZNU, BWP and a bunch of randoms.

I don't see robberies as RP, sure we are role playing but you just do it for the damn gear..

The only people I will give and exception to this ^ is the Dragons because they had a good reason to rob me.. Other people just don't care.

Like I don't even see the point in looting anymore, I'll just get robbed again.

afc.gif

It's part of DayZRP and to be honest it's better than getting killed all the time in vanilla DayZ server. I do think that there are too many bandit clans.

RoCKiE    0

Annoying bandits are annoying chansub-global-emoticon-2e4fca1ecf2780b0-28x26.png

I got robbed by the same guys, twice in 10 minutes, amazing RP ...

80bbb934-345d-41b7-9f3a-7712fce4057b.gif

pejay    1

i've been robbed about 2 or 3 times since i joined,guess it's just bad luck for you then :/

Chrome    0

People have ATTEMPTED to rob me twice. Once I evaded them by, not even kidding, ducking behind a chest high wall. The second time was in Sanctuary and the Dogpigs attacked. We fended them off with the Veritas.

Tomeran    3

12 times in 2 days? wat?

That has to be some sort of record.

I havent been robbed 12 times in total and I've been here for over a year.

And im almost always alone and quite the perfect target.

I agree there's a tad too many bandits, but I think you've just had very VERY shitty luck, mate.

Frozen    45

People have ATTEMPTED to rob me twice. Once I evaded them by, not even kidding, ducking behind a chest high wall. The second time was in Sanctuary and the Dogpigs attacked. We fended them off with the Veritas.

Yes but I'm usually alone :S

12 times in 2 days? wat?

That has to be some sort of record.

I havent been robbed 12 times in total and I've been here for over a year.

I know but I hate it o_O

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I guess you just need to...

git gud :^)

Cid    332

Unlucky, I guess. Staying around popular areas and certain cities (Cherno, Elektro, anywhere up NW, Stary, etc.) is bound to be trouble and you just have to prepare for those types of encounters. Your best bet is to try to get them to RP rather than wait for them to RP themselves. I understand the bandit mentality, "Hold up dude, get shit, get out before backup or someone else shows up" but even then some people are willing to RP as long as you are willing to RP rather than just sit there and watch your loot taken from you.

I agree with you to a point, though. A lot of robberies aren't fun to the person being robbed. It's always just the same old stuff repeated over and over again. People like SDS though are interesting to get robbed by; they actually have a bit of effort involved in their robberies and even though they are always yelling at you they still take time in interacting with your character and explaining their motives. It's nice and a lot more bandit clans and bandits in general should do this.

Frozen    45

I'm always freaking friendly I try stay friendly but this is just going over the line and I see no point in staying friendly..

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Be sneaky like, avoid big town or city's unless you need food/drink, medical supplies.....be one with the shadows.

Frozen    45

Be sneaky like, avoid big town or city's unless you need food/drink, medical supplies.....be one with the shadows.

Where is the RP in that though :S

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

ITS THE APOCLYPSE....Zombies everywhere...lets walk and say hello to all the zeds in the town.

I think trying to be sneaky is better roleplay than running up to armed men pointing their weapons at you and trying to be their mates.

Frozen    45

I think trying to be sneaky is better roleplay than running up to armed men pointing their weapons at you and trying to be their mates.

Usually the robbers run up to me ask for ID and then rob.. That's it.

Chrome    0

Yes but I'm usually alone :

You do not yet know the true power of the chest high wall.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Usually the robbers run up to me ask for ID and then rob.. That's it.

Okay here is a tip to avoid that:

1. See people run up to you

2. Do a 180 turn

3. Press W

Quite easy

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

What about when I took you and your friend hostage with SDS? :(

[video=youtube]

Frozen    45

What about when I took you and your friend hostage with SDS? :(

[video=youtube]

That was fun but I was talking about different clans which robbed me in these 2 last days..

Flame    0

I haven't been robbed since SDS took me hostage and that was back in February/March, you're doing something wrong if you keep getting robbed.

I'm guessing he's trying to interact with people, you know roleplay with them to get a good experience. But instead is robbed constantly when he tries to make contact with people.

The amount of bandit clans is getting stupid to be honest, if anything it would discourage the newer players to continue playing when they are playing alone, but in order to even survive against the bandit clans you have to roll in a group, pretty much like in vanilla DayZ... if you want to survive you need to roll with a group so you appear more intimidating so that you don't just get popped as soon as you get seen, or if you see them first your best bet would be to kill them. Same scenario for DayZRP, you roll in a group and you seem more intimidating, or have more of a chance of not being robbed right off the bat, it encourages a little more roleplay, exchanging ID's and such.

For me, I don't want to have to join a group all the time to get the best out of the roleplay aspect this mod has to offer, I like to play on my own for the most part with the odd time meeting up with another single survivor to practise my roleplaying.

That's how I've managed to save myself from being robbed, I tend to steer clear of big groups as chances are they will be a bandit clan, as soon as you say "Hello" you will more than likely get a response along the lines of "Give me your ID", which ultimately leads to you getting robbed. Being on your own your possessions are more meaningful now, so getting those stripped away from you by a group that could easily scavenge a military camp for weapons is just rather depressing. I'm sure that roleplaying as the robber whilst in a big group is much more fun than being the victim, especially if the victim is alone. You're surrounded by 4+ men/women armed to the teeth and here they are just robbing you of your equipment that you fought so hard for on your own to survive just to have to endure going back into the zombie infested towns to just get something to defend yourself to start off with. You might be thinking that all I am after is gear, quite the opposite, I favour a Crossbow as my primary means of defending myself, not against bandits but for the zombies, I choose to take them out quietly if need be as I find it more enjoyable that way instead of running in with zombies following close behind you... I fail to see the roleplay in that when gathering equipment, but that's going off topic.

TL;DR - I can definitely see why the OP would be as mad as he is.

Osaka    15

Being robbed like that is never fun. But I do understand why bandits just want your stuff and quickly get out of there.

They are hunted, and never stay put for long.

You do evil, you receive evil. Basic fundamentals of karma.

As for us free medics, well we still get robbed sometimes, but we also earned a lot of respect as well. You can always join a hero clan to up your karma, and get away with a lot more.

Guest rondahonda   
Guest rondahonda

Annoying bandits are annoying chansub-global-emoticon-2e4fca1ecf2780b0-28x26.png

I got robbed by the same guys, twice in 10 minutes, amazing RP ...

80bbb934-345d-41b7-9f3a-7712fce4057b.gif

seriously?

TL140    0

its a lose-lose situation. When I was in Fox run pmc i would get killed just because i was fox. when im alone and since i left i get robbed. Im trying to make a neutral merc clan right now.

Look, we only robbed you because you told us you were part American, part Russian and part Chernarussian. We didn't even ask you what your heritage was, you just told us. We were gonna let you go until you said this. heck, it's your own fault anyway as you had the chance to escape. I was walking at you with my weapon lowered asking for you to please stop and you turned around and did. We had a nice chat, you said your heritage and my clan member initiated. We were going to take you for interrogation but that got screwed when our clan leader dragged all the zombies in Gorka to us which is when you decided to try and escape in the car. For that you were killed.

You can't just blame us when we were trying to have a roleplay session and you decided to try and escape.