Sign in to follow this  
Anubian

Permission to run people over.

Question

Anubian    1

I just saw this in a report.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-improper-roadblock-baiting-kos-three-valleys

4vRc5.png

Is it now legitimate for us to run people over trying to make a human roadblock by using their own bodies to block the road to make you stop? By human roadblock I mean I have seen people use their bodies as if they were tank traps and stand on the road to force people to stop or go around so they can initiate and get KoS rights in every way including being run over.

I have always hoped something like this would pop up so I could understand it better. Making roadblocks out of people is not cool and should not grant KoS rights if you are hit and killed.

Here is a scenario to clarify further.

Driving down a road see four people standing there with no roadblock, as you get closer at full speed they don't move off the road.

You are left with these options:

A) You stop and they get to initate and KoS rights.

B) You move off the road to avoid them, as you are offroad they can then order you to stop and rob you. Giving them KoS rights if you don't comply.

C) You do not stop, Drive them over. They get KoS rights and grounds to file a report.

It also feels like an exploit and lazy. Not only do you not have to spend the time blocking the road by finding items such as tank traps and sandbags but the player knows if they hit you they get KoS rights, if they do not comply they get KoS rights. They can safely stand in front of a car and report you if you hit them while also shooting back.

A human roadblock grants KoS rights every-way possible. I feel that driving over people who refuse to get out of the way such as option C should be classified as a legitimate kill and not allow the opposing side to be granted KoS rights.

18 answers to this question

Brent    0

They can not use their own body as a roadblock. If you see a person on the road he needs to step aside. If he doesn't do that you should try to dodge him but if you can't it's his own fault if you run him over.

That's what I think. I could be wrong.

Elissa    0

The road in question was a paved road to which having just a person standing on it does not count as a road block. The rules:

Roadblocks are necessary if you are planning on creating a checkpoint or a holdup for vehicles on asphalt roads. You don't need roadblocks on dirt roads and off-road.

You must ensure your initiation message reaches the vehicle while it approaches the roadblock. The vehicle will need to slow down/stop to hear and comply with your demands.

Roadblock is considered appropriate when it takes at least 75% width of a road. Roadblock may be constructed using vehicles, tank traps, sandbags etc. or in game objects. Roadblock should force the car to either go off-road or slow down to less than ~40 km/h. The speed of a vehicle should be slow enough to allow full initiation message to be heard (yelling a single word "Stop" is not a proper initiation).

Roadblock needs to be visibly manned during the initiation. During night time the roadblock should be lit up by a flare or a fire during the initiation.

So in that case it was not a proper road block. The person trying to get hit shows a lack of value to their life as well imo. Trying to get run over to get KoS rights is baiting as well. A tractor is a very loud vehicle and you have plenty of time to hear it and move out of the way.

Now in other cases like a dirt road where you do not need a road block often times people just have someone standing there to try and stop you. Some clearer set rules about that maybe a good idea I agree. Since if you can just run them over with out fear of being shot or stopping that could change game play.

Anubian    1

Elissa I understand what you are getting at and Yes it is not a 'proper' roadblock. However you still have only the three options of going offroad, stopping and hitting them which sort of bypasses the current roadblock rules every way.

In my opinion, if someone stands in the middle of the road to act as a roadblock, and they get run over, not only should their friends not get KOS rights on you, but they shouldn't be allowed to report you, either!

Anubian    1

In my opinion, if someone stands in the middle of the road to act as a roadblock, and they get run over, not only should their friends not get KOS rights on you, but they shouldn't be allowed to report you, either!

+1

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

+1 only if it is intentional should their mates get KOS rights not if you want to stand there and exploit it.

Joeyy    0

10/10. If they want to throw their life away let them do it without consequences.

+1 only if it is intentional should their mates get KOS rights not if you want to stand there and exploit it.

I'm not sure I like the idea of KOS reports for getting run over on the road regardless of the location. The road is for cars, not people, and lag plus desync makes avoiding people a gamble.

Cars drive faster on the road, so there's a legitimate reason for them to stick to the road. Players run no faster on the road, so they shouldn't be running on the road.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

I'm not sure I like the idea of KOS reports for getting run over on the road regardless of the location. The road is for cars, not people, and lag plus desync makes avoiding people a gamble.

Cars drive faster on the road, so there's a legitimate reason for them to stick to the road. Players run no faster on the road, so they shouldn't be running on the road.

So true

Ethanorg    0

I've always been under the assumption people on the road refusing to move are fair game to run over.

BeastMade    0

road is not for running. its for driving and i dont think that human roadblocks are allowed. this needs to change somehow that people cant do that.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha
Is it now legitimate for us to run people over trying to make a human roadblock by using their own bodies to block the road to make you stop?

That's already enough reason to run you over

if someone is stupid enough to stand still or even run in the middle of a road, then they should be ran over. or atleast the person who ran said person over shouldn't be punished for doing so.

if you run someone over off road, then that's a whole different story.

If they are in the middle of the road then yea, I think its not reportable. Maybe they RP It out and yell they can't take life anymore and run un front of a moving car

If you're stupid enough to make a "human roadblock" you will have to deal with the consequences. (read death)

Like already stated, roads is for cars and driving.

Running around on the road trying to stop vehicles thats coming in 100km/h + desync/lag = almost certain death.

Suit yourself.

Don't report people if you get run over.

Now I don't say it's legit to run people over like a madman just because you can.