Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:35

Sign in to follow this  
Flame

Chloroformed Victims - Can You Remove Their Radio?

Flame    0

Hello all.

I am currently in the process of thinking about a new character to eventually take the role of from time to time to help me with my roleplaying abilities, and to test what I'm capable of when it comes to thinking outside of the usual "Military Man" box as such.

The character I have in mind will be one that chooses Chloroform to be his main "weapon of choice" so that he may rob his victims without struggle as such. In doing this I am wanting to know if it's possible to remove said victims radio whilst they are still unconscious by roleplaying it out, i.e, saying that you are going to search them for any type of radio communication device, following up with typing in the action in chat, perhaps along the lines of *Joe Bloggs sifts through (victim)'s pockets for any kind of communication device and then discovers some sort of radio*.

The only thing is, is obviously if I say that they have a radio on them when I finished searching, then I think it could be classed as powergaming? If I roleplayed it out after disarming them and asking what it is first before actually destroying it, would that be acceptable? Not only would it keep me safe if it was an actual radio because they can't use it as it is in my hands, but it could be an enjoyable roleplay situation for the victim as well could it not?

Ultimately I want to know if in roleplay terms, would it be possible to actually remove their radio whilst they are unconscious if I found out they have been talking to people on their radio whilst I was with them before hand? By that I mean that I worked my way up to asking them if they have radio contact with someone as I want to lure them into a false sense of security into thinking that I am a nice guy.

If I don't have knowledge that they have a radio, then what way could I go about roleplaying that I am indeed looking for some kind of radio so they can't call for backup after they come around, would my scenario be acceptable? If not then any help on how I could do that would be great!

Sin    114

Yes, this is perfectly acceptable. You don't even have to jump through as many hoops as you have in mind to go through with it; just meet, chloroform, take radio, RP. Of course, the more RP before chloroforming, the better. I've been wondering when more people would start to catch on that playing a con man is more fun than a straight up bandit. GG

Joeyy    0

Very smart idea buddy. I need to carry chloroform on me more often >.>

Flame    0

Yes, this is perfectly acceptable. You don't even have to jump through as many hoops as you have in mind to go through with it; just meet, chloroform, take radio, RP. Of course, the more RP before chloroforming, the better. I've been wondering when more people would start to catch on that playing a con man is more fun than a straight up bandit. GG

Awesome stuff! It's definitely going to be a challenge for me to accomplish with my little roleplay experience, but I'm hoping that it is something that will help me improve and enjoy doing the odd time, as well as making it a fun character for others to meet!

Thank you for the clarification, Sin.

EDIT: Now I just have to figure out where I can find some... and I can get to work on getting into character. =)

ConorJD    0

Because arma does not allow you to disarm someone

Would you be able to say once chloroformed, *removes (name here) weapon(s) and throws it/them aside. So when they get up they would have to drop their weapons?

TomG    0

Would you be able to say once chloroformed, *removes (name here) weapon(s) and throws it/them aside. So when they get up they would have to drop their weapons?

Yes, that is perfectly acceptable. If they do not drop their weapon after this then that is metagaming I think.

Flame    0

Yes, that is perfectly acceptable. If they do not drop their weapon after this then that is metagaming I think.

That's even better then!

Flame    0

I'll second Tomgilfoyle's post.

Ohhhh my character is going to enjoy himself... much appreciated, Sin.

K. Lott    0

AWESOME! I had thought of this before (same tactics with chloroform, but not as a Con-man), but hadn't asked if it was legal and just left it at that.

Would it be acceptable to chloroform someone without meeting them first? I.E. an ambush?

Edit: Obviously, my character wouldn't be lurking in the corner, waiting for a victim, since I'm part of a structured, US Marine Unit. I'm simply asking if it's legal, just for clarification of the rules.

Flame    0

AWESOME! I had thought of this before (same tactics with chloroform, but not as a Con-man), but hadn't asked if it was legal and just left it at that.

Would it be acceptable to chloroform someone without meeting them first? I.E. an ambush?

Edit: Obviously, my character wouldn't be lurking in the corner, waiting for a victim, since I'm part of a structured, US Marine Unit. I'm simply asking if it's legal, just for clarification of the rules.

I'd assume so, as long as you roleplay throughout, especially when they are unconscious to make them aware of why it's happening, etc. But bare in mind that it would be classed as hostile action, so when they come around, if you haven't stripped them of their radio they can call in for help!

Undead    235

Yup, this is perfectly fine from what i've seen on other threads. There was a thread a while back about rping to remove someone weapons whilest they were chloro'd and it was deemed fine as long as you use an action to do so. *Searches for weapons and radios, then removes them and smashes radio. You can't be like - drop your stuff when you get up as the person is not conscious and can not hear you.

K. Lott    0

I'd assume so, as long as you roleplay throughout, especially when they are unconscious to make them aware of why it's happening, etc. But bare in mind that it would be classed as hostile action, so when they come around, if you haven't stripped them of their radio they can call in for help!

Yeah, what I was thinking was this:

You're looting the hospital in Elektro, but it's been picked clean. All of a sudden, you hear zombies making loud noises like they're chasing someone. You creep out of the hospital and see a survivor heading into the pub. The survivor lures the zombies up the stairs and takes them out and you creep into the back door of the pub and wait under the stairs with the chloroform ready. The unsuspecting survivor comes downstairs after looting the upper floor and heads toward the front door and then you chloroform him! While he's out, you *take his radio* (obviously this RP would be much better than this, I'm simplifying it while painting a picture), *toss the weapons aside* and drag his body upstairs (if possible, otherwise, into the next room.) You sit indian-style on the floor in front of the unconcious survivor and explain that "It's nothing personal, you know. Me knocking you out and destroying your radio...I have to live. There were no supplies in the hospital. You have a radio that could cause me to die so that was taken care of. You also had a possiblity of having medical supplies, so I knocked you out."

As the survivor wakes up, you *frisk* his gear for all meds and maybe take whatever guns and ammo you need. Then you leave the room and *drop the weapons* (if you've left any for him) on the floor as you disappear outside.

Awesome. :)

Of course you can. You can disarm them, too, and if you RP that you're disarming them and they use their weapons after they wake up, that's punishable by a ban.

Flame    0

Yeah, what I was thinking was this:

You're looting the hospital in Elektro, but it's been picked clean. All of a sudden, you hear zombies making loud noises like they're chasing someone. You creep out of the hospital and see a survivor heading into the pub. The survivor lures the zombies up the stairs and takes them out and you creep into the back door of the pub and wait under the stairs with the chloroform ready. The unsuspecting survivor comes downstairs after looting the upper floor and heads toward the front door and then you chloroform him! While he's out, you *take his radio* (obviously this RP would be much better than this, I'm simplifying it while painting a picture), *toss the weapons aside* and drag his body upstairs (if possible, otherwise, into the next room.) You sit indian-style on the floor in front of the unconcious survivor and explain that "It's nothing personal, you know. Me knocking you out and destroying your radio...I have to live. There were no supplies in the hospital. You have a radio that could cause me to die so that was taken care of. You also had a possiblity of having medical supplies, so I knocked you out."

As the survivor wakes up, you *frisk* his gear for all meds and maybe take whatever guns and ammo you need. Then you leave the room and *drop the weapons* (if you've left any for him) on the floor as you disappear outside.

Awesome. :)

Sounds pretty solid to me! I wish you luck with it, I do hope you are able to record it so you can share the moment, it sounds like it would be a pretty epic robbery indeed.

K. Lott    0

Thanks!! Off topic (maybe PM me??) is there any software (free) for recording these things?? Do I need anything special?? (I don't have a capture card).

Recki    1

When you get chloroformed you cant hear the people around you. Not sure about text though.

Terra    1367

When you get chloroformed you CAN hear them talk, but you can not answer.

You can see it for example here:

skip to 3.20min

They chloroformed me and initiate on me. But, on a sidenote: in a realistic way you could not hear them, so they had to initiate before or after.

Recki    1

You sure about that? My fault than.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

I'll second Tomgilfoyle's post.

Could that not be power gaming?