Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:32

Sign in to follow this  
Goz

Clan regulation discussion thread

Which solution you like most ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which solution you like most ?

• Throw away regulation making clan threads to merely follow the requirements in any way/form they see it fit.
    • Keep the regulation - but move it to clan panel in full extent.
    • Keep the regulation in full extent
    • Other - please write your idea in a post

Goz    2

d5241987-d72b-450f-8a59-634ddbec5be5_zps64d485a7.jpg

TO THE FOLLOWING Community members PLEASE BE AWARE

This discussion was created in response to wild Moderator cluttering my clan's thread with quite ridicolous regulation that says quote:

The following information must be included in the thread at the top of the first post and in this order.

Code:
[img=Clan Logo]

[b]Clan Name:[/b] 

[b]Clan Tag:[/b]

[b]Clan Leaders name:[/b] 

[b]Clan XML Link:[/b]

[b]Clan CP Link:[/b]

I'm and my clan is against said regulation. We don't understand why we need to change layouts of clan thread to fit any particular order of parts creating clan op.

Staff replied to us :

You dont see the reason why it would be practical to have the information at the same place in all clan threads?

When i solve reports i dont wanna look for it.

I want easy access to it.

Well, we don't believe that sacrificing bit of individuality/creativity of clan threads is worth of changing it's layout for staff members to 'easier solve reports'. Presented data in that required format is already available for naked eye as :

- Clan name is part of clan threads name

- Clan tag is also part of clan threads name

- Leader is person that creates clan thread

- Clan xml link is usually presented near recruitment /roster section

- Clan CP link is usually presented near recruitment /roster section

Placing same data again, but just to the top is simply not understandable. We believe it's nicer for clans to develop their own ways of presenting required data and they should be at liberty to do it in any way they see it fit. Afterall - they also have brains and want the data to be presented in nice,clear way. It allows them to create individual & creative clan op's.

We stand by a view that as long as all data is presented in a clear way fulfilling requirements - it's fine. Lets have room for individuality & creativity when it comes down to creating clan threads.

In other solution :

The regulations can be inforced in clan panel page. Already clan panel is used by staff to check who is/isnt in clan, placing more info there and making clan panel more of a help for staff seems like natural choice to follow. It is rarely being read/checked by regular members - as clan op is 'face' - 'first impression bringer' of clans, while clan panel is rarely viewed for such reasons by regular community members.

If such can't be done we ask to :

Remove the need of meeting said requirements in particular order, this is crossing the line of regulations for not worth it,not understandable staff 'assistance'. As long as requirements are met the time needed to check such thread in comparison to a 'regularised' one is literally same. We can't see solid justification to approve such regulation.

Thanks a bunch for reading this and I'm looking forward to see your vote in poll

Please vote :

1. Throw away regulation making clan threads to merely follow the requirements in any way/form/order they see it fit.

2. Keep the regulation - but move it to clan panel in full extent. Clan threads would then also need to follow requirements but not in particular order.

3. Keep the regulation in full extent

4. Other - please write your idea in a post

d5241987-d72b-450f-8a59-634ddbec5be5_zps64d485a7.jpg

Sidewinder    1

2. That's why the clan panel is there... Make it even more useful rather than a cool picture below your name...

Guest Shākya   
Guest Shākya

EDIT: Now I have edited my thread to meet the new requirements I have actually changed my opinion. It doesn't look as bad as you may think and you can actually fit it into your clan thread pretty well. It is also much more convenient for the admins so to be honest I have no problem with this really!

Frayzies    6

I would like to say that as one individual to another, I think you have been needlessly rude to me on this subject Goz. While I understand your concerns and agree with you on a number of points, you are continually coming at this with the tone of mocking and disrespect; I don't mean a disrespect of authority, I mean simple disrespect to another individual.

I spoke to you and we got along well. You seemed like a likeable enough fellow and I enjoyed your showing me of the Haven Compound while it was in the developmental stages and was happy to move the Chernarus Live Broadcasting Station there as per the request of the RSM and CLF.

Why you have decided to ignore how polite I have been to you and passive-aggressively target my general post on this issue, as well as name/target me directly in your rage-inspired response to this is/was both immature and hurtful.

While I agree with your concerns in some of this I admit that the respect I once held for you has shaken. I was merely a messenger and what you did was entirely unnecessary.

Alright, I'm done being butthurt.

Othuyeg    20

I would like to ask about the regulations on nonconventional groups. I am, along with Dax Ravensbourne, a leader of a definite group that is however not a clan. We are the church of Brian. We do not have have clan operations as we are pure information and love. We do not have ClanCP or XML. Where will we end up now?

How are we going to be treated from now on?

Religious persecution time?

Goz    2

Frayzis, don't worry and I apologise if you took it to heart, it wasn't my intention. I'm able to recognize the messenger from the actual order giver. My replies weren't in any place meant to offend you nor aimed at you, I have no 'beef' with you so to speak :)

If you are concerned about 'wild' adjective - well, you rarely see a moderator/staff member posting a message in such fashion(btw that post was greatly layouted, hence I used it and I hope you won't mind I'll use it in future, it's great) - thats usally done via announcements/stickied thread. I expressed my surprised with that adjective.

I'm not disrespecting anyone, I'm a blunt person and I'm honest with my opinions. I've only commented on the regulation,describing what it presents itself - and it's simply stupid. If staff felt offended (I have no idea who got this idea to begin with) by someone 'offending' its creation - I suggest dose of self critiscism and distance.

I see that one person saying out loud what he thinks about a regulation can bring whole big staff to confront him - and that's quite funny if you ask me.

Why you mix IC/OOC experience with this - I have no clue, I hope you will be able to see the differences. Calling me raging though is a sign of your disrespect, in no points I didn't present my belifes backed up by arguments - if making a stance with proper counterarguments and making a discussion (which should be done by staff previosuly but lets put that aside) is seen as raging - I have no more questions.

Now, as you/staff failed to read my post where I asked for PM exchange about the topic and everything had to be brought up in public let's cut it. I suggest you to PM me next time so you won't have to read what was meant private in public.

Please everyone now focus on the thread's topic.

Thank you.

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

Providing the clan thread fulfills the said requirements, then I see no reason why it should be altered to change its layout.

People put time and effort into making a thread look the way they want it to look, they shouldn't need to then go back through the hassle of reorganizing the thread to meet "Layout Requirements"

Caesar    438

Thank-you for letting us know your thoughts. We are current discussing this within staff and will arrive at a decision at some time soon we hope.

If you wish to 'blame' anyone then Frayzies is not the one to blame. The order of which we want it presented will likely be kept but we are discussing the possibility of moving it to the clan panel.

Reptile449    0

2. seems the most sensible, rather than seeing that person A in a report is part of CLF and having to find the CLF clan page you simply click the "Whatever" of CLF under their name and immediately have all the information you need after 1 second.

Having said this a template for new clans that are applying for clanship would help things.

MartinJ    1

As I mentioned here, these kinds of requirements are kind of ridiculous for several reasons. I was talking more about the content in that other topic but for this, I have the following to say:

1) They limit creativity (and therefore roleplay).

2) They enforce guidelines too generally, therefore not allowing factions of a different type to function as an official organization.

3) All that information could be collected in a much easier, more convenient way (such as the Clan Panel as you suggested).

3) All that information could be collected in a much easier, more convenient way (such as the Clan Panel as you suggested).

This. If you're going to force this at least make it so it isn't runing the look of peoples threads. We'd also have some great looking pages have their aesthetics ruined like this one for example.

Clintbet    0

We'd also have some great looking pages have their aesthetics ruined like this one for example.

The link isn't working. Is the clan removed? :o

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

The link isn't working. Is the clan removed? :o

I think that it was moved to Clan Ideas so that it doesn't need the information.

Crasher_87    0

Making us change our Clan Page because your too lazy to read it, which by the way as Admins. and GM's is your job, is plain ridiculous. Sounds like a good old case of 'Women Logic' to me! As the famous Dave Chappelle once said, "Fuck yo COUCH!" [video=youtube]

Traveller    0

Woah, woah, woah, "women logic?" That's a bit harsh man.

The admins are just trying to make things easier on themselves. Suddenly they make a change and everyone just pulls out the pitchforks and torches? Ready to call admin abuse over a block of text?

I think everyone needs to calm down. Nothing good is going to come of an open debate like this. Just rage, butthurt, and flaming.

IMHO: with the uniformity in the forums, it would lessen the amount of stress put unto the staff when dealing with clan related issues/reports. leave the first 6 inches for the staff in your clan pages and the rest is yours to be as "creative" as you want.

Caesar    438

Due to community feedback we have decided to modify the rules. Most of the requirements have been removed where sensible and the ones that are still needed have been moved to the Clan CP.

The parts we still require in the clan thread we will allow to be presented in any reasonable way to allow for "creativity".

Read the following link for more information.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-important-clan-requirements-updated-21-09-2013

Bob    0

i all ready had the stuff and in obvious places, but this is what they want to do so i think let them do it theres not much we can do about it!

Goz    2

Glad to hear that Ceasar, this thread may be closed now I guess.