Server time: 2017-10-22, 08:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Saint

False Reports

Recently, I've begun to ask myself why not every false report is punished.

They happen alot of times, every day, yet for some reason, only few people seem to get a punishment for them. I've seen people willing to drop reports and yet still get punished for false reports. On the other hand, some people want to pursue false reports and the OP doesn't seem to get punished. (note, these are just 2 scenarios)

I would like to know where the line is drawn between these incidences.

Why do some get punished for false reports and some don't?

Rolle    2964

To punish a false report the staff must be pretty sure that the OPs intention with the formal report was to try and ban someone for a legit action. And it is not always that easy to prove. Sometimes, a "false" report is a misunderstanding of the rules or a mistake in game. We don't really want to punish users for that.

To punish a false report the staff must be pretty sure that the OPs intention with the formal report was to try and ban someone for a legit action. And it is not always that easy to prove.

Noted.

Thanks for the clearification.

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

I could pull out one incident in particular which flaws all logic and pretty much spits in the face of all that is right and within the rules.

Me being punished for a False Report after clearing up the incident with the person who shot me only to have the thread hijacked by others who weren't involved claiming it was a False Report, which it certainly wasn't.

I will link it if so required.

I could pull out one incident in particular which flaws all logic and pretty much spits in the face of all that is right and within the rules.

Me being punished for a False Report after clearing up the incident with the person who shot me only to have the thread hijacked by others who weren't involved claiming it was a False Report, which it certainly wasn't.

I will link it if so required.

Well, you won your appeal so I guess we cleaned the spit off the face of all that is right and within the rules.

Whether or not it "flawed all logic" is questionable. I agreed on removing your ban, but things are never black and white. Not saying you did make a false report, but wasn't that weird for us to believe it as you make it out to be.

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

It shall never be forgotten, t'was a dark day as the storm clouds darkened over DayzRP..

Caesar    438

That is correct. We are limited to proving intent in cases. We have tried to pursue cases before where the person should not have been silly enough to make the thread to begin with but as Winslow is aware it has gotten overturned in appeal and we have followed that standard ever since.

I would personally like the false report rule to include the following aspects.

Making a false report includes.

1. Apparent and egregious misunderstandings of the rules when creating reports that cause the report to be invalid.

2. Not knowing or explaining details that effect the report that you should have otherwise been aware of.

Both of these can use a lesser ban as they do not prove intent, only negligence.