Server time: 2017-08-24, 01:14

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Preflexes

Turning around to avoid roadblocks

Question

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Today my clan member spotted a roadblock down the road and turned around to try to avoid it.

Without an initiation; as he was clearly not in voice range he was then KoS'd... By our own "allies" if I might add.

Does turning around from the roadblock give them KoS?

14 answers to this question

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Yes.

Seriously!? I was told by a GM that it doesn't...

Is this a new rule? Because honestly if it does give you KoS rights when someone is clearly making a U-turn to avoid a roadblock... That is the best rule ever and makes roadblocks actually useful now!

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

That breaks the meaning of roadblocks, if you can just go around and/or avoid them by turning. This was discussed not too long ago.

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Could you please post a link to the discussion? And also... Even without making contact if I see them turning around I have KoS rights? Within reason ofcourse

Gina    26

If we allowed this then we would have to consider any attempt to avoid contact as a possible attempt at non compliance. You can see where this could be a problem.

The fact is as the party initiating hostile action you are expected to have sufficient preparations in place to ensure that your victim hears and is able to comply to whatever demands you make of them. They will not necessarily assume you are hostile and if we allowed them to do so then why shouldn't those who make roadblock immediately be fair game themselves.

The rules are clear enough, the fact is the roadblock rule is an additional requirement in addition to the standard KoS rules. No further rule clarification is needed.

Quoted Caesar's post here from the avoiding roadblock -discussion.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

That breaks the meaning of roadblocks, if you can just go around and/or avoid them by turning. This was discussed not too long ago.

That's complete bullshit. That would mean that, if you're in a car and you see a roadblock up ahead you are allowed to KoS the occupants of the roadblock without initiation too.

Imagine the many spontaneous firefights that would ensue

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Wait so I'm confused again... Did my friend get KoS'd or was it all legit?

Either way I wont be reporting because we killed all of them... But just looking for clarification in the future.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Wait so I'm confused again... Did my friend get KoS'd or was it all legit?

Either way I wont be reporting because we killed all of them... But just looking for clarification in the future.

He got KoS'd.

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Ok thank you!

I would understand being allowed to shoot someone who makes a U-turn if it's just barely out of voice range, although people wouldn't use common sense and it would get out of hand very quickly.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Ok thank you!

I would understand being allowed to shoot someone who makes a U-turn if it's just barely out of voice range, although people wouldn't use common sense and it would get out of hand very quickly.

You need to be able to clearly state to your victim what you want from them and what the consequences are if they fail to comply. If this message cannot get through because they're out of range, there is no proper initiation thus no KoS rights.

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Fair enough, well thanks for clarifying this for me.

So basically the people who shot my friend are just dumb, lucky that I wont be pursuing a report as I already gave them a character reset haha

Rolle    2473

What Alpha said. You cannot engage a vehicle that makes a U turn before reaching the roadblock as you have not made contact, in that case you can either let it go or chase it.

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

Thanks everyone for the input, sorry for not using the search function and finding the "ask a GM" thread, but I do really appreciate the quick replies.

MartinJ    1

Don't worry about it Preflexes, nobody here gets annoyed about rule clarification questions. The staff team is happy to help.