Server time: 2017-08-17, 02:04

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

What's with the recent increase in mass initiations?

Relevant Report Discussion: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-at-raven-nest-21-17?pid=312576

This is the second time in the past week alone that I've heard about a small number of people trying to initiate on an entire camp and giving only a very small window to react. Do we need to add a Bandit-to-Victim ratio rule, now?

It's obvious these people don't care about dying and are only doing this to get as many kills as possible before they die.

I would ask that the staff start handing out more severe punishments for situations where a very small group of people attempt to initiate on groups that outnumber them 4-to-1 or more, especially when they decide that they can shoot up the entire group because one person turned and aimed at them or otherwise failed to comply.

Undead    229

Relevant Report Discussion: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-at-raven-nest-21-17?pid=312576

This is the second time in the past week alone that I've heard about a small number of people trying to initiate on an entire camp and giving only a very small window to react. Do we need to add a Bandit-to-Victim ratio rule, now?

It's obvious these people don't care about dying and are only doing this to get as many kills as possible before they die.

I would ask that the staff start handing out more severe punishments for situations where a very small group of people attempt to initiate on groups that outnumber them 4-to-1 or more, especially when they decide that they can shoot up the entire group because one person turned and aimed at them or otherwise failed to comply.

I would recommend something like a longer initiation time when it comes to camps so that situations like the one with the Kentos the B-17 member don't happen. (he gave like 10 seconds and mowed down everyone in line, even those who were dropping their weapons.) If a bandit clan gave more time for initiation it would give civi's who want to leave a chance, and defenders a chance to be ready for an attack(which should make it more fair instead of them all being caught out outside) Walking from all the way in the back of a base and out the front takes quite longer than 10 seconds, especially if you are going to drop your gun first. I agree with the fact that smaller groups are taking on the settlements wayyy to much. Which in my other post I stated a easy solution for the CRs. Just stay inside, cover the entrance/choke point, and wait them out. It should take many men to breach a settlement if guarded correctly.

"It's obvious these people don't care about dying and are only doing this to get as many kills as possible before they die."

I talked about this in another post somewhere, but I definitly agree that people don't value their lives enough rp wise and they pull off suicide missions. Do i think that missions such as these should be banned by server rules...not really as an elite squad of lets say 3 could possibly take down a lesser trained squad of 8 or something if they pull of some great plan. I think it should be possible to pull off a fight with those bad odds, but I think it should remain really difficult to do so, hence the longer timer.

This all leads me a to a question I want to ask really quick. Lets say a team of 3 want to take on the ravens nest compound but they come up with a plan. One man runs off into the woods to the south of the compound and starts shooting up into the air to cause a distraction, hopefully the door man is distracted and another teammate runs into the settlement. Then the two men outside regroup and initiate that a raid is about to begin in 2 minutes and any civilian wishing to leave may. Could the man inside then just kill the guards from behind without re-initiating as they are part of the same clan and it was a cleaver sneak in tactic to kill the defenders on the flank?

I'm also not talking about those idiots who log in inside the ravens nest then raid it from behind. That shit is stupid and people should get banned for it.

I mean..... yeah, punishments on bad banditry! This is very much needed at the moment, as i'm always afraid to go to the Ravens Nest for this reason.

darkshark6    0

/rant

Yeah. Its fail rp in my eyes how many 'bandit clans' there are now. Every fucking time I got to the ravens nest there are bandits metagaming waiting for it to become night, then trying to raid the compound. The lat time I was up they're every bandit was killed and on they're corpses they all only had czech vest pouch packs, like they know they are going to die, then come back a few hours later with the same minimal gear die & and rise and repeat.

On the topic of not giving enough reaction time before Killing, yes. Just yes. The first time I was at the ravens nest dogpigs caught us all outside. They said drop your weapons then lay in the parking lot, so I dropped my weapons and complied, so did everyone. I noticed they had not said to drop backpacks and that most of the guys around me had backpacks, a guy walks up behind us and says specifically to someone "drop the backpack", I turn to look and at him and ask "Me?" before I am even fully turned he guns me down.

In my opinion these mass raids disallow and break RP and almost all banditry I see is fail RP/Rulebreaking or just lack thereof RP /endrant

Archer    0

I absolutely agree... I'm sick of dealing with two-bit bandits who think they're tough shit, and try to pull the same routine with the "drop weps, five secs" non-sense.

I'm not sure about the Sanctuary, but the Nest gets attacked 4-5 times a day now by groups or random civilians.

It's truly frustrating and simply irritating. There needs to be a change regarding settlements. There simply has to be, or people are going to stop caring.

Undead    229

The main problem here seems to be that people don't value their lives but i'm not really sure if there is anyway to fix this. The only games i've seen that have done this are servers that ban/timeout you for a certain amount of time after death( like 30min or something) so that people value'd their lives more. It was a...meh system but it did the job I suppose. I just don't see there ever being a way to get people to value their lives in RP servers such as this.

It's stupid when people initiate on a group that's like 3 x bigger than theirs, surely in that situation at least, that comes under not valuing their own life?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I'm not sure about the Sanctuary, but the Nest gets attacked 4-5 times a day now by groups or random civilians.

4-5 times a day really isn't bad in my opinion. Raven's nest is one of the only settlements on the server, 4-5 attacks per day is ~ an attack each 5-6 hours, maybe they are more frequent at certain peaktimes, idk.

More settlements = less attacks on the same bases over and over.

It's stupid when people initiate on a group that's like 3 x bigger than theirs, surely in that situation at least, that comes under not valuing their own life?

No, numbers don't win your fights. Skills do.

Maybe I stumbled onto a good idea, then...

In regards to settlements, there should be a minimum ratio of bandits to victims in order for the initiation to be valid. Say, no larger than a 3-1 ratio at best, otherwise the entire initiation is considered to be invalid.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

In regards to settlements, there should be a minimum ratio of bandits to victims in order for the initiation to be valid. Say, no larger than a 3-1 ratio at best, otherwise the entire initiation is considered to be invalid.

No, the people at the camp shouldn't know the amount of people that are initiating. If there was a minimum amount then you can't do smart solo robberies. Robberies where you pretend to be more in order for the people inside to surrender because they think that they are outnumbered.

shleal225    2

ya happened to me and my group at ravens nest and i got a 5 day ban :( for calling it a KoS and reporting it he only said drop your guns to everyone at the nest.. and never initiated me or my group

Undead    229

Although I agree with you that something needs to be done, a ratio shouldn't be it in my opinion. Even with a small group you can pull of some pretty tricky things (as mentioned above with the whole sneaking into the camp thing) so I think that a group of 3 should be able to against a group of 9 if they want. But I think more roleplay and planning need to be added to these fights. Not just a , hey i'm going to come back to life if I die, might as well throw myself against a brick wall until I get through at one point. I don't know how to fix the problem of people valuing their lives, but a longer initiation timer for active settlements I think would be a good addition.

GEAR! it's all about the gear to some people. I think people are beginning to care more about weapons etc, the RP reasoning behind most of the initiations these days is piss poor.

Undead    229

Depends how they go about it. If they just charge in guns blazing after a 10 second initiation trying to kill everyone they can before death, then yea that definitely falls under that category. However if a highly skilled group of three formulates some sort of plan, initiates properly, and attempts to fight well, then they show that they do value their lives, they just are in the mind set of no risk no reward.

GEAR! it's all about the gear to some people. I think people are beginning to care more about weapons etc, the RP reasoning behind most of the initiations these days is piss poor.

Aye definitely agree with you there. Although gear is a valid excuse, it's not quite good roleplay. In many situations, the only way to explain robbing someone is greed which makes perfect sense and I don't blame people for that. Sure there are the exceptions in which a clan continually robs another clan's traders or members to send a message which is great. But when it comes to robbing there isn't much roleplay to be had imo other then give me the items.

But when it comes to more major things such as an attack on a settlement there needs to be much more roleplay. I feel like the attacks should happen less often

Aye definitely agree with you there. Although gear is a valid excuse, it's not quite good roleplay. In many situations, the only way to explain robbing someone is greed which makes perfect sense and I don't blame people for that. Sure there are the exceptions in which a clan continually robs another clan's traders or members to send a message which is great. But when it comes to robbing there isn't much roleplay to be had imo other then give me the items.

But when it comes to more major things such as an attack on a settlement there needs to be much more roleplay. I feel like the attacks should happen less often but in bigger force. Instead of one small bandit clan attacking a giant settlement and getting wiped out. Three bandit clans should band together and come up with a reason to invade a settlement then have a massive battle.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Beginning? People robbing for the sole purpose has always been a problem and will probably still be for a long time. People get bored with sitting around talking to people. They are looking for more intense action. Actual roleplay usually takes a back seat for most.

Undead    229

Beginning? People robbing for the sole purpose has always been a problem and will probably still be for a long time. People get bored with sitting around talking to people. They are looking for more intense action. Actual roleplay usually takes a back seat for most.

What are some ideas you have to roleplay a normal road side robbery more? I've only had one which turned into a hostage situation(not by my choice haha) but I can't really see how a normal robbery could turn into roleplay much. A bandit will want to get the gear and run away as fast as possible before backup shows up. If it's a group of people robbing someone, sure I could see that they could setup some kind of roleplay situation but with a lone bandit I don't see how they would be able to do that.

Blizzard    0

I agree with this, but in all honesty people need to learn how to check their shots. I say if they kill an innocent then they should get a reset/ban. Im tired of seeing the "oh well I dont know if they could have done something" or "well one person didnt comply therefor they all must die" cause people with these exscuses shouldnt be on our servers yet alone be a bandit.

theres so much lack of roleplay with bandits now days we may as well make people sign up to be a bandit, to discourage idiots shooting the first chance they get.

We definitly need some more hardcore rules on people who refuse to roleplay and kos, perhaps a 3 day ban isnt enough, what we need is to replace the 1-3 day ban to a 1-3 week ban, I see too many people not care that its only 3 days cause there just gonna take a break anyways so it dosnt matter.

and to all the people saying "well if the rules change like that then we will loose members" well maby its better if those people leave if thats all it takes to make you leave this wounderfull community.

well ill end my lil rant here, theres alot i need to get out about stuff on the server thats been erking me. i could typ a paragraph of all this stuff.

TeZach    0

Sadly, from what I've seen, people join the server because its RP element just benefits them in getting easier kills.

Stick up someone, count fast so they don't manage to comply, kill.

People still "KoS" just under the form of roberries/raids. It's sad to be honest.

Undead    229

Sadly, from what I've seen, people join the server because its RP element just benefits them in getting easier kills.

Stick up someone, count fast so they don't manage to comply, kill.

People still "KoS" just under the form of roberries/raids. It's sad to be honest.

Yup this definitely happens many times. That's why I think a longer timer for engaging settlements should be necessary.

SweetJoe    278

ok. i dont like being robbed and murdered either, but i have to say one thing. ravens nexst has gaurd posts and towers. it is easily defensible and you can see all around it. RSM is never online when im online, anyone else notice that? that being said there is never anyone on lookout, NEVER. 12 people standing in the parking lot, each one running up to anyone who come near, is not good rp. also there is a compund yet everyone sits outside in the parkinglot. this is bad rp isnt it? set up look outs if your tired of being robbed, and post a sentry!!

K. Lott    0

I agree with this, but in all honesty people need to learn how to check their shots. I say if they kill an innocent then they should get a reset/ban. Im tired of seeing the "oh well I dont know if they could have done something" or "well one person didnt comply therefor they all must die" cause people with these exscuses shouldnt be on our servers yet alone be a bandit.

theres so much lack of roleplay with bandits now days we may as well make people sign up to be a bandit, to discourage idiots shooting the first chance they get.

We definitly need some more hardcore rules on people who refuse to roleplay and kos, perhaps a 3 day ban isnt enough, what we need is to replace the 1-3 day ban to a 1-3 week ban, I see too many people not care that its only 3 days cause there just gonna take a break anyways so it dosnt matter.

and to all the people saying "well if the rules change like that then we will loose members" well maby its better if those people leave if thats all it takes to make you leave this wounderfull community.

well ill end my lil rant here, theres alot i need to get out about stuff on the server thats been erking me. i could typ a paragraph of all this stuff.

I agree. The consequences should be made MUCH more severe. Stop letting people in with half-ass applications. If someone gets in and we hear that they are 13 yrs old, banned. It someone sees how much havoc they are causing to the entire community by the repetitve KoS-ing or mindless 'banditry' actions they commit and yet, continue doing said actions; banned! If people 'get sick' of RPing and just wanna go get some action; there are about 5000 other servers that they can go get action on!!! If people can't use their heads, actually TRY and RP with other players rather than simply pulling the "stick em up, I'll shoot ya!" game...then they don't deserve the privilege to be in this community.

/rant

Note: please, for the love of whoever you worship (if anyone), DO something about this rather than just let it keep going. I'm sure most people are with me when I say that I joined this community to get away from the constant killing-on-sight and stupidity that goes on on other servers.

Undead    229

ok. i dont like being robbed and murdered either, but i have to say one thing. ravens nexst has gaurd posts and towers. it is easily defensible and you can see all around it. RSM is never online when im online, anyone else notice that? that being said there is never anyone on lookout, NEVER. 12 people standing in the parking lot, each one running up to anyone who come near, is not good rp. also there is a compund yet everyone sits outside in the parkinglot. this is bad rp isnt it? set up look outs if your tired of being robbed, and post a sentry!!

Pretty sure the towers are horrible ideas haha. Anyone on the hills will have an easy shot on you. But they do have good positions on the inside to take out anyone who pushes in.

Hex    31

Pretty sure the towers are horrible ideas haha. Anyone on the hills will have an easy shot on you. But they do have good positions on the inside to take out anyone who pushes in.

Nah, the towers are fine, they just arnt in good spots to cover every single angle. You can always lay down and 3rd person over the wall and you cannot be killed.