Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:53
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Patient_Zer0

DayZ 1.8 new things suggestions

There are some cool things in patch 1.8 for vanilla DayZ. Some of witch I thought would be fun for DayZRP . Remember I'm just suggesting... but these could come in handy for a lot of reasons in RP.

Mod with description & reason are as follows-

tripwire(flare)

tripwire(smoke)

- When tripped lights flare or smoke

- For survivor camp alarms, CR's I bet would love to know if someones lurking in the bushes.

makeshift splint(wood)

makeshift splint(metal)

- Used for broken legs but morphine is still the overall cure.(order or best cure- wood splint, metal splint, morphine)

- Would be helpful because those pesky bandits like to torture and they just robbed you of your morphine!

and best of all,

delayed infection called Sepsis

- (based on blood percentage & damage done on all Zed attacks)

Stage 1:

The first 15 minutes

You cannot pass the infection to others

You do not take blood damage

You have a warning blood icon to show infection

Stage 2:

15 minutes - 22.5 minutes

You cannot pass the infection on

You lose 1 blood per second

You have the normal blood loss icon

Stage 3:

22.5 minutes to 30 minutes

You cannot pass the infection to others

You lose 2 blood per second

Normal blood loss icon

After 30 minutes you become fully infected, you can transmit the infection to others, you lose 3 blood per second and your screen will shake. On disconnect you will become infected.

- as far as RP goes you wouldn't want to be near someone who is infected would you or even let them in your camp CR's?

I would figure it would play out like this.

Infected:"Help me, I was attack by the zombies. I'm hurt pretty bad."

Survivor:"Are You bleeding? do you need a blood bag?"

Infected:"Yes please!, I need antibiotics too, I think?"

Survivor:"WAIT!? your infected!, STAY BACK!"

Infected:"Wait you have to help me!"

Survivor:"I mean it. Stay back or I'll shoot!"

Or something along those lines. Oh, There is something called a sepsis bandage as well I believe to delay the effects but I'm not sure for how long. Point is it brings new exciting things to DayZRP plus new fun ways to Role Play. What do you think guys?

Also, this is my first time making a suggestion so if this was already brought up or never going to happen because Mod changes are up to the developers. Just give me the scoop on how to suggest things in the future. Thank you.

WOW just realized i forgot a step in the sepsis infection well hear it is,

After 30 minutes you become fully infected, you can transmit the infection to others, you lose 3 blood per second and your screen will shake. On disconnect you will become infected.

TheLonelyOne    11

Hm... I think that Infected thing would be pretty nice.

I was infected once and the other player was worried IC, but there wasn't a real threat. This 1.8 update is going to improve RP.

Brabbzy    0

Sounds pretty good to me!

RP is the only version of DayZ I play these days though, so i'm not really familiar with these updates. How exactly does infection get transmitted between players though? Can you catch it by just being in close proximity to an infected player or does there have to be some kind of contact (bandaging, bloodbaging, looking in backpack etc)?

K. Lott    0

Not really sure in response to Brabbzy, BUT I think it's one of those "chance to become infected when near infected x%" type of things.

Also, I love 1.8. Being able to fish is cool, but the best thing EVER: having a primary weapon slot, a secondary weapon slot and...wait for it...a MELEE weapon slot!! The slots are actually tied to your 1, 2 and 3 keys so that you can hotkey and you'll pull out that weapon! You have a use slot and a carry slot and then you always have your holster for your sidearm.

1 = Primary

2 = Secondary (sidearm)

3 = Melee

This makes the silent extermination of zombies SO much quicker and much better IMO. (also they have changed the aggro of the Zeds so that they aren't anywhere NEAR as zig-zaggy.)

Epic win for DayZRP when implimented.

Kravock    1

Everything from 1.8 will be in DayZRP 1.3. We are working with a base 1.8 and moving all DayZRP specific changes into that.

K. Lott    0

Everything from 1.8 will be in DayZRP 1.3. We are working with a base 1.8 and moving all DayZRP specific changes into that.

AWESOME!!

Cedrea    1

Any ETA? I can't wait for it.

WOW nice i love the new gear interface there is lots to get use too. even the new zombies tho they fixed the zombies movement but they also increased zombie spawns means shooting a weapon in a town is a no no and should switch to your melee weapon.

Cedrea    1

WOW nice i love the new gear interface there is lots to get use too. even the new zombies tho they fixed the zombies movement but they also increased zombie spawns means shooting a weapon in a town is a no no and should switch to your melee weapon.

More zombies? No please.. FPS is low enough as it is right now. The amount of zombies on the mod right now are just FINE.

More zombies? No please.. FPS is low enough as it is right now. The amount of zombies on the mod right now are just FINE.

As I understand it. The changes to the zombies are to improve the zombie interaction with players so that includes no zombies hitting through walls, no zig-zagging zombie matrix bullet time moves, etc. But they do hit harder! Sorry about the prior statement of more zombie spawns, but it is more like improve zombie reaction to noise and movement so shooting any rifle in a city is like ringing a dinner bell for the 20 closest zombies around you. however they did fix a lot of bugs for players moving through buildings. example: Have you ever tried running through a doorway crouched and it won't let you, like you're too fat to fit through? well that is gone. player movements and interactions with surroundings are improved as well. so running from those 20 zombies can be tricky but your avatar is more then capable!

Cedrea    1

As I understand it. The changes to the zombies are to improve the zombie interaction with players so that includes no zombies hitting through walls, no zig-zagging zombie matrix bullet time moves, etc. But they do hit harder! Sorry about the prior statement of more zombie spawns, but it is more like improve zombie reaction to noise and movement so shooting any rifle in a city is like ringing a dinner bell for the 20 closest zombies around you. however they did fix a lot of bugs for players moving through buildings. example: Have you ever tried running through a doorway crouched and it won't let you, like you're too fat to fit through? well that is gone. player movements and interactions with surroundings are improved as well. so running from those 20 zombies can be tricky but your avatar is more then capable!

I played 1.8 and there are literally hundred of zombie in Elektro. FPS under 10. Please tweak the zeds.