Server time: 2017-08-18, 14:45

Sign in to follow this  
Guest King

Ingame RPing Question

Question

Guest King   
Guest King

Okay, so A bit ago me and my clan robbed 2 people. We RPed that we would give them pills that would make them forget everything in the last 5 hours. They agreed, we gave them both chloroform, and that was supposed to be it. Pretty sure thats legit, they both agreed. But just the other day one of those guys brought that back up when they shouldn't have remembered for 5 minutes, meta right?

18 answers to this question

PCJames    152

Maybe they just forgot? But dies it really matter that much?

Shanoby    36

Well did you guys agree on it in text? If you did then pictures of text would be great. Cause, well if they agreed with this RP then...

Did you ask them in TS or do you remember their names. Maybe you could ask them now OOC why did they break agreement!?

Probably would just be better to RP things that actually work in the arma world that way you dont run I to things like this. I would have played along and RPed it didnt work to be able to keep my KOS rights.

Just keep it within the bounds of DayZRP and Arma mechanics.

Guest King   
Guest King

Probably would just be better to RP things that actually work in the arma world that way you dont run I to things like this. I would have played along and RPed it didnt work to be able to keep my KOS rights.

So execution would have been preferable?

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

But why limit your RP and imagination? I mean, ArmA and DayZ offer only fights, prety much nothing else.

Now, using memory-erasing pills is bending the powergaming rule, but since the victims agreed then it should be fine.

To the OP, if they actually used it against you, and you got proof of the pills bit, then it's metagaming. If they just talked about it, it's kinda fine, they're probably new and still learning how to RP

Why? So you do not have to watch your backs for the next two hours? Executions are only permitted if you have past, documented hostilities or clan aggression. You can not just execute random robbery victims.

Guest King   
Guest King

But why limit your RP and imagination? I mean, ArmA and DayZ offer only fights, prety much nothing else.

Now, using memory-erasing pills is bending the powergaming rule, but since the victims agreed then it should be fine.

To the OP, if they actually used it against you, and you got proof of the pills bit, then it's metagaming. If they just talked about it, it's kinda fine, they're probably new and still learning how to RP

The thing was it was 2 people 1 from DgPg, and HPMC, These two later executed my men for this.

Why? So you do not have to watch your backs for the next two hours? Executions are only permitted if you have past, documented hostilities or clan aggression. You can not just execute random robbery victims.

Also it was more of a raid on a settlement, we didn't want word to really get out.

Memory erasing pills is not expanding RP, its borderline powergaming just to avoid KOS rights, even if the victims comply to it. There is nothing RP about it in my opinion.

Guest King   
Guest King

Memory erasing pills is not expanding RP, its borderline powergaming just to avoid KOS rights, even if the victims comply to it. There is nothing RP about it in my opinion.

Our goal was never to avoid KOS right, it was to keep word from spreading of our attack on a settlement. KoS right was not problem to us.

Our goal was never to avoid KOS right, it was to keep word from spreading of our attack on a settlement. KoS right was not problem to us.

Your intentions are of little consern. Doing something like this is impossible without the powergaming aspect, but aslong as they agree to it, I don't see the problem.

Guest King   
Guest King

Your intentions are of little consern. Doing something like this is impossible without the powergaming aspect, but aslong as they agree to it, I don't see the problem.

Yes, they accepted.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Well, they wanted to make sure that the victims will not IC hunt them down, or call their friends and pass the rights, it's better RP that just executing them, or cut their tongues to make sure they won't talk again.

As we both said, it's almost powergaming, however if the victims OOC accepted it, it's fine. Also, they could always RP that they spit the pills, or they vomited them out or they hid them under their tongues and faked that they forgot everything or something similar. IMO, it's always better to RP than to just pewpew, even if you risk a report for powergaming.

Guest King   
Guest King

Well thanks everyone for their feedback on this. Wish people would just RP it and not run away and tell their friends then execute my clan member for it... Lol but hell, nothing you could do about it.

Please close

Dont get me wrong, not trying to be a complete ass here, just saying you are better off not going this route cause 9 times out of 10, what happened to your clan is whats going to happen. Most people will not RP this out correctly. You are better off kneecapping and avoiding contact for 2 hours..lol

Alec    0

Dont get me wrong, not trying to be a complete ass here, just saying you are better off not going this route cause 9 times out of 10, what happened to your clan is whats going to happen. Most people will not RP this out correctly. You are better off kneecapping and avoiding contact for 2 hours..lol

But then you get our clan getting banned from the settlement despite no one involved in the attack surviver or remembered, which is why I assume Walker used the pills sin the first place.

Guest King   
Guest King

Really what I was doing was trying to show some form of mercy, We didn't even take their weapons (Were still laying where they dropped them), We gave them pills so they wouldn't remember the attack. Next time we attack and there are survivors dont be surprised if I do not show you this luxury...