Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:33

Sign in to follow this  
Rhinoman3

Another New Guy!

Rhinoman3    0

Hi everyone!

I realize you guys must get lots of forum posts like this, but here it goes. I'm new to DayZRP, and I want to get of to a good start with the community. I would like to start playing on the servers soon, but I'd like some guidence from the community on how I should make a good background story. I'm a fan of RP, and I really look foward to brining it to DayZ.

Thanks a ton,

Rhinoman3

Toorrik    4

Try and give your story details. Instead of writing "He went to the supermarket and found some beans" You could write something like "Exhausted from his run in with an angry zombie horde, Joe Swanson slowly pulled his aching body towards the grim mankly looking supermarket. Upon entering the dark supermarket he noticed that most of shelves had been ransacked and everything had been taken. But in the corner of his eye he saw a small glint. A glimmer of hope for there was a tin of beans hidden away under a T-Shirt."

You get what I'm saying :)

Rhinoman3    0

Try and give your story details. Instead of writing "He went to the supermarket and found some beans" You could write something like "Exhausted from his run in with an angry zombie horde, Joe Swanson slowly pulled his aching body towards the grim mankly looking supermarket. Upon entering the dark supermarket he noticed that most of shelves had been ransacked and everything had been taken. But in the corner of his eye he saw a small glint. A glimmer of hope for there was a tin of beans hidden away under a T-Shirt."

You get what I'm saying :)

Thanks pal! I really appreciate the help.

Toorrik    4

No problem! Also remember that not every backstory has to be "I fell out of a helicopter at 4500m and landed on my feed in Elektro and shot every zombie with my DMR. I killed 37 zombies but only had four bullets!"

You could write about how your character had done something horrific in his previous life and slightly touch on that. If you don't go into huge details with this, it leaves open some nice roleplaying character developments. Heartache stories are just as good as Action Mission impossible ones, if not better.