Server time: 2017-08-17, 08:10

Sign in to follow this  
Carved_

Clan whitelisting

Shall clans be checked before creation by an Admin to make sure its story is good.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Shall clans be checked before creation by an Admin to make sure its story is good.

• Fuck Yeah, good idea
    • No!
    • I love you

Carved_    7

Yeah,

The amount fo clans that disappear after a week and ahve basicly the same Goals as so much other Clans get to damn high.

Should be a Review of the Clan history before they can be created or not.

Discussion in this thread.

Toorrik    4

YOU STOLE MY IDEA!

Also, If you wish this to be taken seriously, I suggest you make your poll more serious.

RoCKiE    0

"Fuck Yeah, good idea"

+1

EDIT: Actually it was my idea

Reptile449    0

Didn't even read, clicked love. Always choose clove. Let that be the lesson you learn today and tell your parents about on the way home from school.

Carved_    7

Peace, Love and a clan Whitelist!

(I have vacation until November ;D could take some time to tell my parents after school)

Great idea. Some clans out there are ridiculous and have no proper RP background.

Besides, It would remove the un-whitelisted players ability to make threads in the clan forums. :D

Avah    0

This is certainly a good idea Carved, and has been suggested a few times before if my memory serves me well. Stricter clan creation rules are already in the works, you should see some requirements show up in the forum, possibly as soon as today. :)

I'm pretty sure the requirements won't be quite as comprehensive as whitelisting itself, but there will be some rules enforced to weed out the obvious "no-effort-no-sense" clans.

ktbur    9

I think this idea would definitely help lessen the amount of random clans sprouting up everywhere. Currently, we have clans that don't even have a proper clan page, with little to no background story at all. It would be nice if the Admins could implement something of this sort!

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

MAKE LOVE, NOT SEX! Oh, wait...

Seriously though, I support this.

Mattbro    0

+1 if it only happens to new clans from now on,

-1 if everyone's clan gets checked, if so our clan most likely be removed because our backstory is pretty short

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

+1 if it only happens to new clans from now on,

-1 if everyone's clan gets checked, if so our clan most likely be removed because our backstory is pretty short

Short means nothing. If it's good and it has a legit reason to be on Chernarus then I don't think the length matters

Rolle    2440

Everyone. Existing clans that do not meet the requirements will be deactivated or disbanded.

RoCKiE    0

It's happening

1000x500px-ll-b21e0794_hype1.gif

PCJames    151

No more shitty clans!!!

MartinJ    1

Clan requirements are dealt with and active.

Few things:

1. Get rid of the label "clan". "Group" or "faction" is better. It helps us market the idea that organizations shouldn't be clans (which is mostly an OOC term).
  2. "All clan members must have a working XML at all times" there are (should) be groups for which any XML makes literally no sense. Because they are just a group, they don't wear uniforms and don't have a formal logo - but they're still organized. Making this an enforced rule limits roleplay unnecessarily.
  3. "Your Clan thread must be titled in the following manner: [Clan Tag/Abbreviation - Clan Name]" again - there will (should) be groups that simply won't have some sort of an abbreviation. In fact, do away with the whole abbreviation thing if possible, because that's just one of the many things that makes these groups looks like Counter-Strike clans instead of roleplayed organizations.
  4. "A diplomacy table including at a minimum your allies and enemies." why is an official rule not just encouraging, but in fact enforcing what is ultimately metagaming?