Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:23
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

The current state of Sanctuary.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

As many of you know Sanctuary has been a shit storm of attacks since Day 1 it started with I.R.A/CLF/S.D.S and other PROFESSIONAL clans attacking in what where fun at first attacks but now Sanctuary is attacked by people not even trying,they just turn up with a lot of force and have no tactics, very similar to a "Drop you're shit and run" robbery. I am by no means saying don't attack because the attacks are semi fun but this does not solve the problem of clans attacking who do not need to, I am fine if Chedaki attack because one of their members was executed that is fine but when clans attack who have no IC RP Story for attacking it is boring.You probably think I am saying this to make people stop but what I want is another clan because let's look at who we have.

DUTY:The most active,secure and dedicated clan linked with Sanctuary but there is only ever 2-3 members there.

BHM: Not there a lot but help when they are there.

Veritas: Clan has lost members,Former leader left due to player inactivity.

C-SKY:Not there enough but they are generally a good helping hand when they are.

I propose a clan that is DEDICATED to running Sanctuary AT ALL TIMES.

I would like if Shanoby(C-SKY), Major Tom(BHM), General Frost(DUTY) and D.Baker(Ver) could either leave a comment or PM me on what they think, Should a new clan be made or just bring in clans that exist already?

Interesitng... A clan dedicated to being besieged within Sanctuary. I'm sure the eager recruits will come pouring in.

Sure there would be some good roleplay, but who would want to stay inside a camp 24/7?

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

Interesitng... A clan dedicated to being besieged within Sanctuary. I'm sure the eager recruits will come pouring in.

Sure there would be some good roleplay, but who would want to stay inside a camp 24/7?

I have been in Vox and Veritas and I found it enjoyable to stay in the camp as I rarely ever divulged from any different route other than NWAF-Vybor-Stary Sobor-NWAF before joining Vox and eventually Veritas.

And besides if we had a lot of recruits people could leave the camp and do what they wanted so long as we had at least 3-5 members inside to protect from any sudden attacks.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

What do people think about this.

Chrome    0

Well... if a group were to have a base it would make sense for them to have some people defending it at all times. I understand that's not possible due to this not being real life, and many of us have school, work, or both, but perhaps that can be something you guys do with new recruits? Have a veteran member with some rookies defending the base? If there are consistently defenders, and those defenders are consistently winning, perhaps it would discourage the random bandit raids.

Toorrik    4

Also your statistics are bias, They are the current projections of activity over the last week due to the attacks and are no where near accurate to before. C-SKY are never meant to be there for defence, They are still DUTY just under a different name. Scientists in C-SKY, Militarists in DUTY.

Well I was going to make a post on my thread about the situation but I might aswell add it to this post aswell.

I need to speak with the Leader of VER and then I can come and post again.

Alot of people actually, look at the ravens nest :) It has people guarding it everyday.

Maybe you should create a new clan out of smaller clans.

The result would be a bigger,more active clan.

Maybe there should be some attractions to get more random people into the camp. (Like that awesome beer dispenser at the ravens.)

I haven't been to the Sanctuary for a longer time now, since there was alot of attacks there. Its not a safe area for me anymore.

Daexarayan    0

Sanctuary will be guarded once hostilities reduce... Being manned 24/7 is not a realistic option for any clan... Or any people in general. Hence why 4 clans opted to control the place to TRY to have a large umbrella which did cover the majority of the day. BUT, due to CONSTANT attacks multiple times a day... The clans and the civilians have declined... NO ONE will stay and guard a camp around the clock all day every day, its not possible. CLF was the closest to this on the HAVEN and that didn't even work... People/Clans get worn down over time, they need a break. We will continue to run sanctuary and guard it, but not ALL the time and not right now in the current state the Sanctuary is.

Unless robotic sentries are implemented its not possible, PERIOD.

It's really easy to be on the outside looking in and think this option or that option is the answer... Until you are ballz deep in the actual operation you don't know what it takes. I was in CDCR WAY back when the CDCR camp was operational for several weeks and it was a nightmare, I have been with DUTY since the beginning and have helped with the Sanctuary as often as possible. Off and on it has been good, but I am not going to digress into another thread of what the Sanctuary needs. There are enough of those around already.

Sanctuary needs some redesign, heavier/taller walls, possible gun emplacements from UTES if possible. Making the Sanctuary nearly impregnable is needed so it makes it an absolute no win or HUGE loss for attacking forces... SINCE its a HERO camp for roleplay. Not a military compound to be assaulted 4-8 times a day and robberies non stop. FIN.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

Saying I do not know what Sanctuary is like is probably the stupidest thing anyone could say, I have been involved with Sanctuary since it was opened and there has been about 6 days total were I wasn't with a group that controlled Sanctuary so apart from DUTY and a small amount of people I have probably been involved in Sanctuary more than anyone as I very rarely leave when I am there.

As for people guarding it 24/7 I did not mean it like that I meant it in a way as having a clan that would only be dedicated to Sanctuary and it's members would very rarely leave(maybe only going out for supplies and not much more).

Toorrik    4

As for people guarding it 24/7 I did not mean it like that I meant it in a way as having a clan that would only be dedicated to Sanctuary and it's members would very rarely leave(maybe only going out for supplies and not much more).

This is what we were. We were inside all the time, but when you get attacked, 50% of your force dies then you get attacked 15mins afterwards takes its toll on everyone.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

Also your statistics are bias, They are the current projections of activity over the last week due to the attacks and are no where near accurate to before. C-SKY are never meant to be there for defence, They are still DUTY just under a different name. Scientists in C-SKY, Militarists in DUTY.

Well I was going to make a post on my thread about the situation but I might aswell add it to this post aswell.

I need to speak with the Leader of VER and then I can come and post again.

I understand the difference between C-SKY and DUTY I was merely pointing out that even when they are there do not do much for the people and if anything BHM contribute more help. To me it seems as though C-SKY are only at Sanctuary for an RP reason Which is not a criticism of C-SKY or anyone in DUTY.

This is what we were. We were inside all the time, but when you get attacked, 50% of your force dies then you get attacked 15mins afterwards takes its toll on everyone.

I understand this but TBH the only time that there was more than 6 CR's in the Camp was when we thought an attack was coming showing that the people who help defend Sanctuary did not really care for it during the non peak/non attack times.

Daexarayan    0

Alot of people actually, look at the ravens nest :) It has people guarding it everyday.

Maybe you should create a new clan out of smaller clans.

The result would be a bigger,more active clan.

Maybe there should be some attractions to get more random people into the camp. (Like that awesome beer dispenser at the ravens.)

I haven't been to the Sanctuary for a longer time now, since there was alot of attacks there. Its not a safe area for me anymore.

Yeah and look how well that has worked out for the Ravens nest, its inhabitants and RSM. A lot of RSM stays away, even more so now due to changes there. Enclave is gone so they won't be guarding... And the massacres at Ravens Nest are some of the WORST on the server so it really, isn't any better.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

The only reason I opened this thread was to see if the leaders of the clans of Sanctuary wanted a clan that would remain there at all times because it is clear from IG experience and on this thread and many others nobody cares about the Sanctuary however I agree that changes on the base have got to happen but that does not mean leaving it or hardly going there because lets face it the clans that wanted to be a part of the Sanctuary knew exactly what would happen when they joined because as long as one of the clans has any enemies they will be attacked non stop so as far as I am concerned moaning constantly about how you want the attacks to stop or lighten up is bullshit because you knew exactly what you were letting yourself in for when you agreed to guard Sanctuary.

I'm curious, if you opened this thread to talk to the leaders, wouldn't of PM'ing them or contacting them over Teamspeak make MUCH more sense?

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

I'm curious, if you opened this thread to talk to the leaders, wouldn't of PM'ing them or contacting them over Teamspeak make MUCH more sense?

Wanted to also see what the community thought as it gives other members of the clans a say

Daexarayan    0

Having yet another clan is not the answer... We have/had Veritas at the camp which has a TON of members, often times they were the bulk of the guard on duty depending on the day... The more clans you have the messier things get, because every outside affiliation, their person agendas and ideas don't bode well for the camp. Having 4 groups already assigned to the camp is enough as it is. Toorik is handling the situation with Sanctuary and what is going to happen with it.

Stagsview    625

I got an idea how we could get a bonus on the Sanctuary thing:

When a clan or group attacks a settlement they first have to:

1st: Pre-warn that they are going to attack the area on a certain date "example, they go to the radio station and Give out a message to be played that they shall attack and give the Settlement alternative options that can stop the attack". Must be like a 48 hour warning. So it gives time for the settlement to get its fortifications ready. Or they could send out a messenger to give information to the settlement that there will be one. But the attacking clan can only attack within the date it put in. Outside the 24h radius It will not be a valid attack anymore.

2nd: There must be motives behind the attack "Valid ones!"

3rd: Once the attack has begun there can only be 2 outcomes:

The defenders win or the attackers win. There should be prizes for both sides if this attack works:

If the attackers win,they can take as much loot they want, weapons..cars..and then they send a messenger to the radio claiming their ultimate victory. They leave But must leave what I want to call "State of non aggression" meaning that the group that did the attack can not follow another one within a Certain amount of time. "realistically a couple of days 4 to 6 days.

If the defenders win, they contact to the radio and the attackers have to pay a penalty of loss on the battlefield:

First: The group can not attack this area for at least a few days.."4 to 6 days"

2nd: They must give the settlement supplies for the acts they did upon the settlement they attacked "weapons,Transports or general supplies". Depending on how big the attack was or the damage that was coursed by them.

Just my views how it could work

Carved_    7

If the defenders win, they contact to the radio and the attackers have to pay a penalty of loss on the battlefield:

First: The group can not attack this area for at least a few days.."4 to 6 days"

2nd: They must give the settlement supplies for the acts they did upon the settlement they attacked "weapons,Transports or general supplies". Depending on how big the attack was or the damage that was coursed by them.

NLR.

This isn't Battlefield

AndIf every group attacks every 4 days, its still most likely to be mroe than one attack a day.

Reptile449    0

Tonnes of rules have been suggested, sorting through them all to get another working rule set for the server rules won't help much. As Toorrik said Duty spends all it's time at Sanctuary, only heading out for supplies when we have nothing and will die if we don't do a supply run. If Veritas or BHM members are at Sanctuary and want to help defending they can join our Sanctuary channel, which those who guard Sanctuary most often already do.

Saying the initial attacks were fun is sadly not true, we all remember when we got attacked twice before most of the CRs even knew the place was open or where it was. I agree with you that RP based attacks are fun and encouraged, rather than make everyone inside groan and want to DC they add tension and interesting decisions for the defenders. For example CLF wanting us to hand over an American inside our camp could have been fun.

Anyway, the camp is pretty empty of guests nowadays and uncertainty surrounding Veritas along with all the attacks has made it pretty empty of CRs as well. Posting this is of course not going to get anyone anywhere I just wanted to explain some stuff.

Stagsview    625

NLR.

This isn't Battlefield

AndIf every group attacks every 4 days, its still most likely to be mroe than one attack a day.

Well we have to do something to something so being a hero is advantage.

naury42    0

When I was at the Sanctuary as a Verita and CR, I didn't really see any problem with us. I was doing my job ok, was listening to what the boss of DUTY said and had no trouble or anything.

Also, the attacks. Idk, but since I was a CR, I was only in 1 attack... And I can't say I play less than anyone else, 3+ hours my standart.

Carved_    7

NLR.

This isn't Battlefield

Well we have to do something to something so being a hero is advantage.

Not by breaking NLR

Herr    0

I am confused as to what you meant by "it started with I.R.A/CLF/S.D.S and other PROFESSIONAL clans"

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

I am confused as to what you meant by "it started with I.R.A/CLF/S.D.S and other PROFESSIONAL clans"

You guys were the first to attack with either real RP reasons or with actual fun attacks but then then other clans seen this they started, Im not saying its any of the clans mentioned faults though i am just saying how those clans were the first to attack

Herr    0

You guys were the first to attack with either real RP reasons or with actual fun attacks but then then other clans seen this they started, Im not saying its any of the clans mentioned faults though i am just saying how those clans were the first to attack

Oh, I see what you mean