Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:41

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hyperfury

Server rules

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

So I just read the new server rules

'You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.'

'KoS rights can only be transferred between clan members or those who are directly involved. Allies and hired help can be called in as reinforcements, but they must initiate hostilities in the normal way before they can use force. It works the other way as well, the defending clan only has KoS rights on the original attackers, anyone else - like their allies - must be initiated on.'

So what I understand from this is, were all brain damaged because we can't remember anything hostile after 2 hrs and also that 2nd rule basically is that saying if a clan is under attack and they call in an alli clan does that mean the alli clan has to be initiated on by the attackers before they can help their alli?

ConorJD    0

The ally which is called in has to initiate if they were not involved in the initial initiation. The otherwise would also have not initiate on the new ally's called in.

I can see this becoming mass KOS IMO. If your in A huge firefight and people start approaching you while bullets are flying chances are you're going to shoot them.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

The ally which is called in has to initiate if they were not involved in the initial initiation. The otherwise would also have not initiate on the new ally's called in.

I can see this becoming mass KOS IMO. If your in A huge firefight and people start approaching you while bullets are flying chances are you're going to shoot them.

So if I.R.A (for example) is under attack by NRF and I.R.A call in Enclave, Enclave then has to initiate on NRF before helping I.R.A?

Hi, what you are refering to here is one of the new rules added today. The information that I am posting may become outdated if the rule is altered.

You can take revenge (KoS) your robbers for 2 hours after a hostile action. After that, you can hold a grudge or act hostile towards them, yet you cannot kill them on sight. It forces you to roleplay with your enemies, instead of just shooting them.

If you get robbed and you were with your buddies at the time, then your buddies are involved as well, meaning they can help you get revenge. However if you get robbed by yourself, you can't text your offline buddies to come on to help you, as they were not involved.

But remember: if you wear an XML, then anyone with that XML can help you regardless of the situation. An attack on a clan member is an attack on the entire clan.

Hope this helped.

Ice    0

Yes.. you seem to be have sustained some brain-damage.

Anyway, this rule has been put in place to increase the role-play experience for everyone. People don't really care enough to keep looking for their enemies after 2 hours. With the 6 hour limit some fights occurred where one group of players had already forgotten about the entire preceding conflict which resulted in unnecessary KoS reports and confusion.

Allies now have to clearly initiate as well in order to avoid unnecessary deaths and conflicts.

If you're going to be a disrespectful smart ass next time, you might consider getting your spelling right.

So if I.R.A (for example) is under attack by NRF and I.R.A call in Enclave, Enclave then has to initiate on NRF before helping I.R.A?

Yes, as Enclave were not directly involved it would be incredibly unfair for them to go behind NRF and shoot them all simultaneously. This, in theory, would have worked because NRF didn't have KoS on Enclave.

With the new rule, Enclave would have to initiate on NRF, so NRF know that they are now facing off against Enclave as well, and have permission to engage any Enclave members they see in the area.

I really like this new rule as it makes things a bit more fair. If a small clan fights with a larger clan, that larger clan can no longer pass on their KOS rights to everyone on the server.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

Hi, what you are refering to here is one of the new rules added today. The information that I am posting may become outdated if the rule is altered.

You can take revenge (KoS) your robbers for 2 hours after a hostile action. After that, you can hold a grudge or act hostile towards them, yet you cannot kill them on sight. It forces you to roleplay with your enemies, instead of just shooting them.

If you get robbed and you were talking with your buddies on Teamspeak at the time, then your buddies are involved as well, meaning they can help you get revenge. However if you get robbed by yourself, you can't text your offline buddies to come on to help you, as they were not involved.

But remember: if you wear an XML, then anyone with that XML can help you regardless of the situation. An attack on a clan member is an attack on the entire clan.

Hope this helped.

Oh, I guess that makes sense. Although let's all be fair if you got robbed by someone and saw them 2 weeks later you would probably just shoot them.

If you're going to be a disrespectful smart ass next time, you might consider getting your spelling right.

Did I say something to offend you?

Oh, I guess that makes sense. Although let's all be fair if you got robbed by someone and saw them 2 weeks later you would probably just shoot them.

Unfortunately not in DayZRP. Shooting them any time after the 2 hour point would be considered a KoS. Though I would like to see an option to execute past robbers added, where the robber has already been disarmed and initiated on. Maybe for at least a day. :)

Ice, please. I don't see what the problem is.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

Ok so.

Clan A initiate on Clan B and a big firefight ensues. Clan B call in Clan C, Clan C enter the firefight and see Clan A shooting Clan B. Can't they now just open up because they're now involved in the hostility?

This is how it works for players in robberies for example Player A is getting robbed by Player B then Player C notices this out of the blue and shoots Player B. However with clans they have to initiate.

ConorJD    0

Ok so.

Clan A initiate on Clan B and a big firefight ensues. Clan B call in Clan C, Clan C enter the firefight and see Clan A shooting Clan B. Can they now just open up because they're now involved in the hostility?

Ok so.

Clan A initiate on Clan B and a big firefight ensues. Clan B call in Clan C, Clan C enter the firefight and see Clan A shooting Clan B. Can't they now just open up because they're now involved in the hostility?

Clan C must inform Clan A that they have entered the firefight. The way for Clan C to do this is by initiating on Clan A.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

Unfortunately not in DayZRP. Shooting them any time after the 2 hour point would be considered a KoS. Though I would like to see an option to execute past robbers added, where the robber has already been disarmed and initiated on. Maybe for at least a day. :)

Ice, please. I don't see what the problem is.

So like if you can Identify the person who robbed you or someone else from 8 hrs ago you can just shoot him? That would be pretty cool however you would still need to be able to 100% confirm it's him.

Also I thought you could already KoS a robber if you are 100% sure he is robbing? don't have to kill him straight away wait 10 minutes then do it. Let him just get to enjoy his stealings then take it all away.

ConorJD    0

Ok so.

Clan C must inform Clan A that they have entered the firefight. The way for Clan C to do this is by initiating on Clan A.

Ok, thanks. Don't you think this will end up in KoS? Clan C approaching Clan As position to initiate they're probably going to get shot by A

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

Ok so.

Ok, thanks. Don't you think this will end up in KoS? Clan C approaching Clan As position to initiate they're probably going to get shot by A

Or Clan C will initiate then just shoot them when they are ready and in an advantage position since Clan A is occupied with the original attackers

Or Clan C will initiate then just shoot them when they are ready and in an advantage position since Clan A is occupied with the original attackers

Like I said, the rule may undergo some slight changes. Yes, it still gives Clan C the advantage.

The KoS rule, I believe, needs some changing. I think there is a live thread about the issue already. I'll leave a link here.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-firefight-area-hostile-area

No problem, ConorJD, glad I could help! :)

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

Like I said, the rule may undergo some slight changes. Yes, it still gives Clan C the advantage.

Basically then, just wait for 2 clans to fight then if you aren't allies with them take your pick and initiate and if you are allied then go to the enemy clan and get an advantage then ruin their day. Man better start making some friends hahaha

Basically then, just wait for 2 clans to fight then if you aren't allies with them take your pick and initiate and if you are allied then go to the enemy clan and get an advantage then ruin their day. Man better start making some friends hahaha

It's hard to just bump into a firefight! If you are shooting in an area where a firefight is ongoing, then either of the two clans might engage you. You would be looking for trouble.

Rolle    2469

Basically I'd suggest to stop trying to screw people over by finding grey areas in the rules and start RPing properly. Hammers will fly at people who try to find ways around the current rules, and no arguments like "but this isn't forbidden in the rules" will stop me.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

It's hard to just bump into a firefight! If you are shooting in an area where a firefight is ongoing, then either of the two clans might engage you. You would be looking for trouble.

Which clan isn't looking for trouble hahaha yer I know what you mean

Basically I'd suggest to stop trying to screw people over by finding grey areas in the rules and start RPing properly. Hammers will fly at people who try to find ways around the current rules, and no arguments like "but this isn't forbidden in the rules" will stop me.

The Master has Spoken

Guest neom   
Guest neom

its a pretty good rule but its gonna be a head ache at first but at least you know now who you are dealing with

GG

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

its a pretty good rule but its gonna be a head ache at first but at least you know now who you are dealing with

GG

Rolle never loses