Jedediah

New rule suggestion.

Jedediah    0

Coming from this thread here.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-invalid-kos-raven-s-nest-s1-07-05?pid=310514#pid310514

Listed here.

http://www.dayzrp.com/rules.php

4. Clan conflicts

All members, including those who are either prospective members or trials must wear their clans XML's at all times.

KoS rights can only be transferred between clan members. Allies and hired help can be called in as reinforcements, but they must initiate hostilities in the normal way before they can use force. It works the other way as well, the defending clan only has KoS rights on the original attackers, anyone else - like their allies - must be initiated on.

While I think this rule is a good addition, I would like to know the staff's opinion on players who multi-clan or play multiple alternate characters? I could understand if I were a member of [RandomClanHere] on Jedediah, being required to maintain the clan tag while on Jedediah, but what if I am not running with clan mates, and am playing on a different character? Would that character need to be part of the clan? Wear the tag anyway?

My example is going to be ktbur, who plays Allison, a non clan affiliated young scientist who doesn't have a mean bone in her body, as well as Aisling, who I know little about because she's scary.

What happens when ktbur plays Allison, and I.R.A. is attacked and attempts to pass KoS rights? Will she not receive them? Will she be allowed to switch characters to join in the fight? Will she be barred from that fight and that character for that instance?

Requiring initiation by anyone else joining the conflict is a step in the right direction in my opinion. But I feel as though this rule more goes into players walking into the situations. But what happens when...

My example here is going to be I.R.A. and R.S.M. What does this new rule mean if both an I.R.A. member and an R.S.M. member are traveling together and initiate on somebody? Would both be required to initiate at the same time but separately? Or could one guy do the talking?

Possible changes?

4. Clan conflicts

All members, including those who are either prospective members or trials must wear their clans XML's at all times while on that character.

KoS rights can only be transferred between clan members unless currently present. Allies and hired help can be called in as reinforcements, but they must initiate hostilities in the normal way before they can use force. It works the other way as well, the defending clan only has KoS rights on the original attackers, anyone else - like their allies - must be initiated on.

Caesar    438

Assuming Aisling is in I.R.A.

If I.R.A got robbed or somehow gained KoS rights then Aisling would have them as well. However her alternative character would not. Her alternative character would not need to wear I.R.A tags.

However if Allison is playing with I.R.A we may feel this is a deliberate attempt to circumvent the rules and play with I.R.A while not getting rights on your by doing so.

We are currently discussing the second point.

Thumper    0

Personally, if you are on an alternate character you should not be involved with your other characters clan. For any reason. Part of the draw to have an alternate character is to play something different.

Also if you are running with the same clan, how are you keeping the information gained from each character separate? Because if you are not keeping the information separate, that could be classified as metagaming or godmoodding.

Rolle    2962

Alt characters do not gain clan KoS rights as they do not wear the clan XML.

She cannot switch the character as that would be combat logging from the IRAs initiation.

As for 2 clans initiating, they should both get equal KoS rights.

ktbur    9

That is correct. I would assume that my civilian character, Allison, would not have KOS rights when IRA gets attacked, since she is not part of the clan. However, this brings to question about civilians travelling in groups. When they are attacked, how are KOS rights passed?

Rolle    2962

KoS rights in pick up groups are passed between the present group members, nobody else. If someone in that group is a clan member, he can share rights with his clan.

Jedediah    0

Personally, if you are on an alternate character you should not be involved with your other characters clan. For any reason. Part of the draw to have an alternate character is to play something different.

Also if you are running with the same clan, how are you keeping the information gained from each character separate? Because if you are not keeping the information separate, that could be classified as metagaming or godmoodding.

You misunderstand, my man.

I agree that playing an alternate character is meant to give you a different gameplay experience. What my question was, was more to clarify.

I'll use myself as an example and create a few imaginary clans.

Jedediah is a member of [sWAG]. I also have a character named Simon(I don't.). Simon is not in a clan. When I play Jedediah with members of [sWAG], we go around about doing clan operations. When I play Simon, I do not run with members of [sWAG], though I do stay on the same teamspeak channel as they are my friends.

The first part of my question would be, would I be allowed to play Jedediah [sWAG], and still alternate to Simon [Noclan] without being required to wear the tag?

Now, I am playing on Simon, and I hear over TS that my friends in [sWAG] are under attack in Cherno. I'm near Cherno. (This is where the clarification comes in.) Would I be allowed to switch to Jedediah and join in the fight? Or should I be barred from switching characters for the time being? Would I be able to enter the area as Simon and initiate on said attackers all over again?

Rolle    2962

You do not wear you main characters XML tag on your alt characters. This however causes you to not share any rights with your clan members.

ktbur    9

Now, I am playing on Simon, and I hear over TS that my friends in [sWAG] are under attack in Cherno. I'm near Cherno. (This is where the clarification comes in.) Would I be allowed to switch to Jedediah and join in the fight? Or should I be barred from switching characters for the time being? Would I be able to enter the area as Simon and initiate on said attackers all over again?

If you enter the fight as Simon, I would think that you would have to initiate on the attackers with the new rules set in place, since you would not be wearing XML tags on your alternate character. As for the first part of your question, I'm interested in the Admin's answer as well.

Caesar    438

Alright, we have slightly reworded the rule to remove some of the clumsiness the community has identified.

Now KoS rights can be transferred to those directly involved as well. For example if R.S.M initiated and I.R.A were backing them up then I.R.A can still assist if they are directly involved.

We hope this resolves the lingering questions.

ConorJD    0

If clan A is defending the settlement from clan B and clan B call in clan C for help. Is that not going to be really awkward for clan A? They now have multiple people outside that they might end up possibly shooting.

Ancalagon    0

Could cause problems since in the middle of a fight, for example at a settlement, you maybe kill a someone from a allied faction because he is running with the attackers.

And especially in big firefights, it will be awkward. Or there will be no firefights of the size we had between IRA and allies and NRF and allies.

A short question: If i am travling with a other clan and i cover the guys while they are initiating, am i directly involed since i am in the group with initiated?

Caesar    438

Could cause problems since in the middle of a fight, for example at a settlement, you maybe kill a someone from a allied faction because he is running with the attackers.

And especially in big firefights, it will be awkward. Or there will be no firefights of the size we had between IRA and allies and NRF and allies.

A short question: If i am travling with a other clan and i cover the guys while they are initiating, am i directly involed since i am in the group with initiated?

Yes you are directly involved.

If clan A is defending the settlement from clan B and clan B call in clan C for help. Is that not going to be really awkward for clan A? They now have multiple people outside that they might end up possibly shooting.

Just as Clan C cannot attack clan A until they initiate clan A cannot head off a possible attack and KoS them. However, the staff team is currently discussing whether it would be appropriate to invalidate some reports if people knowingly enter firefight zones and are a significant cause of their own death.

This is not confirmed but it is being discussed. It has its pros and cons.

ktbur    9

However, the staff team is currently discussing whether it would be appropriate to invalidate some reports if people knowingly enter firefight zones and are a significant cause of their own death.

This is not confirmed but it is being discussed. It has its pros and cons.

This. There have been numerous reports of people entering fire-fights knowingly and then filing KOS reports after they're shot. It would be good if we could get clarification on this.

Also, for initiating, would both Clans need separate initiators or could one just go: "Clan B and Clan C are attacking now."

Caesar    438

Read above, we fixed the clumsiness in the wording that indicated this.