Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:32

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biiddy

New Gaming Equipment

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy
Hofer    20

I haven't heard about the keyboard or the headset so I have no idea about it.

The PC looks decent for the price, but I would prefer building one myself though.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I haven't heard about the keyboard or the headset so I have no idea about it.

The PC looks decent for the price, but I would prefer building one myself though.

Was thinking of doing that but decided to go with this one, would just be a shame if i somehow messed up building it.

TeZach    0

Be careful, eBay is a tricky place.

See how he claims to have an HD6670, but underneath it posts:

"Graphics Processing Type: Dedicated Graphics"

As for the keyboard, a friend had one of those, it's a cheap Razer stylised B-grade keyboard. It only had a life span of 3 months for him.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Yep i know thats why i check the feedback on the supplier to make sure its 100% legit!

TeZach    0

Yep i know thats why i check the feedback on the supplier to make sure its 100% legit!

Just be careful, it has no OS and it is a rather outdated system, but still, cheap.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Just be careful, it has no OS and it is a rather outdated system, but still, cheap.

Ok thanks for the heads up dude

Traveller    0

Even if you can't build it yourself, maybe tap into your RL contacts and find someone who can build it for you. Just make sure he's got his own custom rig that he built himself. If the person you ask, has never done it before, you're better off doing it yourself.

A buddy of mine charged me $50 to slap together about $3,000 worth of parts into a custom made case.

He did a bang up job, had it built in 2 days, and he was $50 richer.

As far as mouses, keyboards, and headsets, I stick with brand name. My brand? Razer. Got a Razer Deathstalker Keyboard and a Kraken Headset. My mouse is a RAT-7, which was a gift from a friend. When it goes, I've got a Razer Taipan in my closet waiting for action.

Never heard of the keyboard or headset tbh. PC looks good, for the price. There's a few things wrong with it. For starters the CPU is an AMD Athlon clocked at 3.2 GHz which is actually, for games like Arma, not good at all. Any CPU intensive programs or games are not going to run well. I wouldn't recommend overclocking either, as there's no info on the cooling system, so I'd assume it's gonna be using a stock cooler. If you're gonna overclock, you want a huge heatsink or water cooling. Also no info on the PSU, so be careful about overtaxing your system. And for overclocking you'll need a a bigger PSU.

Memory is 8GB, that's enough for gaming, however if you're gonna be doing other things like video editing or 3D modelling, you'll wand to upgrade that. The RAM is also clocked at 1333Mhz, which again, isn't as fast as the eBay page is trying to tell you it is.

That graphics card should run most current games well, but that 2GB VRAM isn't going to hold up to most recent games. Vanilla Skyrim uses about that much, and modded Skyrim uses more like 3-4GB, so try and see if you can find another card that has 3GB. The HDD checks out, don't know what brand it is, the page doesn't say. 1TB is a lot of space, and 7200RPM isn't that shabby for a drive that size. I would, however, recommend that you defrag the drive, as it may get a bit slow.

Like others have already, suggested, I would recommend building your PC. If you're not computer savvy, there's a lot of tutorials out there that can walk you through the process, like this one :

[video=youtube]

Alternatively, you can get a friend to do it. I might also add that the channel I linked to has a lot of awesome videos on budget builds so I'd recommend watching them:

I can't think of anything else. On a side note, I can recommend the Microsoft Sidewinder series keyboards, as they're rather cheap for what they are, and extremely reliable. I also recommend the Sharkoon Fireglider as a mouse, again, it's durable and cheap for what it is.

EDIT: I looked into that motherboard they have in that eBay build and it has very little room for expansion. Two graphics card slots, and two RAM slots. It also doesn't seems to support any AM3 or AM2 CPUs as well, and seems to be very outdated. This means that if you ever feel like upgrading, you'll probably end up having to buy a new computer entirely.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Hmmm i should of lookied into it more before buying it but oh well im not looking to record games or make a series I just wanted an upgrade from my laptop which is not a gaming laptop

Yuval    2

To be honest, if your going for this budget, you will be better off buying normal headphones +mic and normal keyboard, if you are on a budget getting a "gaming" keyboard is not needed, add the extra money for a mic or headphone.

Also

NO

PREBUILT PC!

just make specs and order like that

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Its already been bought, WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO

GlitchyV2    0

I think they all mean this completely valid point:

Prebuilt PCs are OK, but a PC that you built yourself?

Extremely rewarding, it is like being a god, building your very own beautiful and furious beast! :D

And you get more for the money ;)

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I think they all mean this completely valid point:

Prebuilt PCs are OK, but a PC that you built yourself?

Extremely rewarding, it is like being a god, building your very own beautiful and furious beast! :D

And you get more for the money ;)

As soon as im making more money than my current wage thats what im going to do

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

My PC: Click Here!

This will be a lot cheaper as separate parts than pre-built, as they charge a lot of money for labor.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

what would your budget be for your next gaming pc?

Depending on my wage not sure, ill be earning more next year so i will probably build one with a budget of around 500 quid maybe