Agree or Disagree?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Agree or Disagree?

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Neutral

ApexCrisis    0

Some rules need to be changed.

Right now as the rules are, if you are in a firefight area, but are not directly involved in the firefight and you get killed, you can report and get people banned for KoS. No matter what your actions are, as long as you didn't shoot and are not related to the fighting parties you can get people banned.

A firefight zone is a hostile area. If you are in it when it breaks out, obviously an initiation went wrong. One side did not comply and the other side now has KOS rights on them. Both of the fighting parties won't shoot unarmed people (unless they are from the opposing party and are potentially dangerous).

If you are in a firefight zone with a weapon, then you are hostile. As I said before, there was an initiation, if you're unarmed then you're complying. If you're armed, then you're not complying and can be shot.

In summary, my suggestion: If a person is in a firefight and has a weapon in his hands, he is hostile and can be shot without any consequences OOC to the parties involved in the firefight.

Ego    1

If you run into the middle of a firefight its pretty obvious it was your own fault, it should just be common sense to not run into the middle of a firefight.

However I suppose the rules could be modified for third parties when been initiated on. E.g. Sanctuary is been initiated on by say Brotherhood, then BHM refuse to comply and begin to shoot. The third party, either other clans or civilians should be able to choose to co operate and disarm themselves.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Nope, will get abused hard!

This is why we don't have the fire-fight exception rule anymore.

It seems that this rule gets abused either way it goes. I believe that the method in which someone was killed in a firefight zone is what matters most, not the fact that they weren't involved.

For example, someone who gets killed in the middle of a noisy, prolonged firefight, who appeared to be skulking around should be fair game. However if someone is sniped from afar, and isn't an immediate threat to the shooter or his allies, then I believe it to be utter KoS.

This is just my opinion.

ApexCrisis    0

But it gets abused a lot currently. A guy is walking around in a firefight zone and he knows it's a firefight zone, yet he still walks around to probably get some loot because he's protected by this invisible "ID your targets" rule OOC. But what about IC? He stays there, he's risking to get himself shot.

How can it be abused the other way? Sure if the firefight lasts a very long time and there are no shots fired for about 5 minutes, then both parties must ID their targets and the firefight rule would no longer apply as the firefight would no longer be obvious.

Also if you disagree, it would be helpful if you state why.

SirStuey    0

Currently this is being abused and as everyone stated will be abused but quite frankly I'd rather see it abused in the way that Civs fight with clans (Can build civ/clan relations sorta thing) instead of how it is currently to where "Oops I ran in the middle of this big firefight" *Two minutes later, dies.* "Time to report them alll huehuehuehuehuehue". It is poppycock on how it is going to where everyone fills out a formal report for their own fault being in a firefight.

I agree with Apex on this totally.

Edit:

For example' date=' someone who gets killed in the middle of a noisy, prolonged firefight, who appeared to be skulking around should be fair game. However if someone is sniped from afar, and isn't an immediate threat to the shooter or his allies, then I believe it to be utter KoS.[/quote']

I agree on this but you can make the rule to state how this would be KoS but non-sniped and close who is a threat to not be even if a Civ.

I use to believe that anyone in the firefight area was to be considered hostile. And yes, I shot anyone not on my side many times. But, I also agree that one must identify his targets now. Personally I like the old way, but until we can have a way to identify our foes 100%...whats a better alternative?

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

*Cough Clans skins cough*

Thing is, if people could just be killed in a firefights without ID what's to stop people just creating "firefights" as soon as they get shot at?

Say for example I try and rob 2 guys, then three of their friends start shooting, suddenly the area becomes a firefight so I can in just start killing anyone that just happens to stumble into the area with a weapon in hand.

Considering how spontaneous and drawn out firefights can become I could see people just killing everyone in the nearby area because "there was a firefight lol". The system we have now is hardly ideal but it's much better than half the map turning into a big firefight.

Jerry    15

Clan skins will soon be a must or legit players that are good roleplayers will get 3 strikes.

Wunsleh    10

I still fully agree with this.

If you are in a firefight and someone you see running about in the area should be questioned if it doesnt put yourself in danger. If he acts suspicious then I still believe a bullet through his head is the way to go.

And yes, clan skins is the solution but since that isnt coming..

Tried setting something up with major clans but lack of interest was being showed.

Reptile449    0

Innocent until proven guilty. I can just imagine all the people being shot in the back after people near them get robbed, or people surrounded by zombies in an area getting embroiled in conflict as two opposing parties move their firefight into the area, either on purpose or accidentally. Be careful who you shoot, report someone if they kill you without you being part of a firefight and chillax.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I think the current rules are good, people should still do their best at id'ing properly, however the GM team should give lighter punishments for KoS that happens in the middle of an obvious firefight. 5days and 10 warning points is just too high for a small mistake.

I think the current rules are good, people should still do their best at id'ing properly, however the GM team should give lighter punishments for KoS that happens in the middle of an obvious firefight. 5days and 10 warning points is just too high for a small mistake.

+1

ApexCrisis    0

There are lesser punishments for that kind of mistake, however it is still stupid.

I got 5 warning points + character reset because I shot a guy in a firefight who was sneaking around in the exact area where my teammates got shot from 30 seconds ago. Is that fair?

Someone else from Brotherhood got the same punishment also for shooting someone who was sneaking around in a firefight, admitting that he was going to shoot at us later. Admins admit they shouldn't have been doing that yet still punish us?

I'm sorry but if someone's in an active firefight zone with a gun, they're asking to get shot, and then go and report to get someone punished. This is BS.

Species    235

I agree with this, if someone steps into a fire fight it's entirely there fault. We should have every right to shoot someone with a gun in the area, as it would be in a real life military fight.

Skippy    4

Hey, I see a guy down there 600m away from my entrenched, hidden sniper location! He's just kinda sitting there in a bush looking towards my teams position, and he's been slowly making his way closer and closer to my team from their flank, while they're tending to wounded and being suppressed by other targets- I better go ask for some ID. Because that makes a whole lot of sense.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Hey, I see a guy down there 600m away from my entrenched, hidden sniper location! He's just kinda sitting there in a bush looking towards my teams position, and he's been slowly making his way closer and closer to my team from their flank, while they're tending to wounded and being suppressed by other targets- I better go ask for some ID. Because that makes a whole lot of sense.

^^^ That.

The rules need to be adjusted. If you just happen to come across a fight disarm yourself and stand still until the fight is over, show you are NOT involved. Gear whores that run to the fight just for the free lootz deserve to get shot in the face. It's a post apocalyptic world, people will shoot someone that acts suspiciously during a fight, it's stupid not to.

Skippy    4

i find it funny a brotherhood member is suggesting this... lol

Yeah, because it's a clan that gets into a lot of firefights. But I suppose that's a bit too complicated for some people to understand- I get it, it's really tough. Take a minute and it'll come to you.

Brickity    2

What constitutes a firefight area?

If two people are battling it out in Electro because player A robbed player B, does that give both A and B rights to kill anyone who happens to be nearby?

If not, at what point would you consider it to be ok? When there is a certain amount of people involved in the fight? Does it have to be between two clans?

Also, how big is this hostile 'area'?

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Clan skins will soon be a must or legit players that are good roleplayers will get 3 strikes.

Seriously, this.

In my honest opinion the current system is totally flawed without some sort of clan skins system, I would go as far as to say even the old "KoS anyone with a weapon in a firefight" rule is an improvement on how it is currently. However we all know this would not come back as it has its own extensive amount of flaws, so we must search for another alternative, how about we remove PvP?

This is my personal view on things, it has no involvement with my staff position.

Archer    0

Disagreeing because the only solution is what Jerry said.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

What constitutes a firefight area?

If two people are battling it out in Electro because player A robbed player B, does that give both A and B rights to kill anyone who happens to be nearby?

If not, at what point would you consider it to be ok? When there is a certain amount of people involved in the fight? Does it have to be between two clans?

Also, how big is this hostile 'area'?

A firefight my good sir is not Player C shooting Player A for robbing Player B. That's a confrontation, a Firefight is when maybe 5 vs 5 or more is involved.

Either way Yes I agree with the OP if you know there is a firefight (clan vs clan or what ever) don't be an idiot and run in there. IF you are in the firefight area expect to get shot just as you can shoot back because they are shooting each other and that's pretty much a crime (not that it matter's because it's an apocalypse). This is an apocalypse every single second of every day you are not safe, Sit at the Raven's Nest then your open to robbery or a raid, Drive out and about looting then your open to robbery. Your not safe no matter what, it's all about how well you can handle any situation.