Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
SkillerPenguin

Writing ID on paper and using it as a valid form of ID to gain entry into settlements

Should this be against the rules?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be against the rules?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

I have recently seen an influx in people writing on a piece of paper their name and such and using it as a valid ID.

This is nowhere near a valid form of identification, so why are people using it? It'd be considered metagaming. Since when would, for example, a bartender accept your name written on a piece of paper as a form of identification? It does not represent a form of identification whatsoever.

Therefore, wouldn't this be something that should be stated in the rules?

Thoughts?

Also, to those of whom vote on the poll:

If you're going to vote on the poll, please put your opinion. Don't just vote & leave, it's useless.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I agree, although i would move this to questions or general discussion

I agree, although i would move this to questions or general discussion

Posted the thread a bit too quickly, I changed it to what it was meant to be; a suggestion. Thanks for reminding though. :)

Same can go for even having an ID in a zombie apocalypse. I find it quite stupid when people ask for ID, if its a settlement or for example the ravens nest then sure, but outside of that... i just find the whole show me your ID as cheap. At least i don't think writing it down as a "last measure" for someone that really wants to see your name in the direct chat box, that bad

EDIT: For example when you meet someone in real life do you just ask for ID, or for a name? Should be the same thing here.

Same can go for even having an ID in a zombie apocalypse. I find it quite stupid when people ask for ID, if its a settlement or for example the ravens nest then sure, but outside of that... i just find the whole show me your ID as cheap. At least i don't think writing it down as a "last measure" for someone that really wants to see your name in the direct chat box, that bad

I do as well. When someone asks my character for their ID as soon as they meet, I perform an argument with them, asking them why they would want to see my ID when I don't even know them and why they couldn't of just asked for my name or something.

Alan Woods    5

This is the apocalypse...

Not everyone has IDs...

If he wants to know my name, I'll write it on a piece of paper.

Not everyone has IDs...

That's a different matter. We're talking about accepting name on paper as a valid form of identification for entry into settlements and such.

MartinJ    1

Not everyone has IDs...

Is your character a mute?

Alan Woods    5

Not everyone has IDs...

Is your character a mute?

You misunderstood me.

When people ask for my ID, I tell them my name.

But some ask me to write it on a piece of paper.

Not everyone has IDs...

That's a different matter. We're talking about accepting name on paper as a valid form of identification for entry into settlements and such.

For settlements and such, people should look at the CLF citizenship and do something similar.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

remove id completly!

This. I think it pretty much speaks for itself that constantly asking for people's IDs is subpar roleplay.

You misunderstood me.

When people ask for my ID, I tell them my name.

But some ask me to write it on a piece of paper.

TomG    0

Wait so if I say I don't have ID and they ask me to write my name on a piece of paper, Can they use this to find out what clan I am in?

Wait so if I say I don't have ID and they ask me to write my name on a piece of paper, Can they use this to find out what clan I am in?

It'd be metagaming, so no. In real life it shows no proof of anything. It's kind of a grey area.

Baron    2

I never ask for ID, but people seem to give it as reflex, not that I blame them, it's become sort of a... 'Thing'

I totally agree, the whole, ask for ID outside of settlements should be taken out entirely.

Yeah.

Yeah, that's a legitimate way of identifying their clan. Note, clan; not name.

Also, to those of whom vote on the poll:

If you're going to vote on the poll, please put your opinion. Don't just vote & leave, it's useless.