Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:05

Sign in to follow this  
lemonade319

Temporary leave from DayZRP.

lemonade319    31

I have a few reasons for leaving, one of which is how report happy the community has become, everything you do you have to watch out if someone reports you, i am not saying just to other groups/people this is also to people in Brotherhood, even i sometimes report people for something which can be sorted out easily,it never used to be like this.

The second reason i am leaving is due to rules regarding firefights, with the current rules anyone would be allowed to sneak around firefights, flank people and overall look suspicious,if they are shot then it comes to "you did not ID your target this is KoS" which is utter BS, realistically i would shoot anyone near the firefight let alone people sneaking around and going in suspicious flanking positions.

And thirdly is the lack of RP from a lot of people, when we take people as slaves on DayZRP the majority will only reply with very little, with any action or anything you say to them which all in all is very boring.

So i will be online every now and then but i will not be playing as brotherhood or many other clans, hopefully this all changes soon so i can actually enjoy playing DayZRP, because at the minute i lack the effort to even start DayZRP.

So goodbye for now.

Guest rwkta   
Guest rwkta

Good bye friend .I have been thing about taking a break from dayzrp for this very reason to.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I fully understand you, especially regarding firefights rules and the amounts of reports.

Hopefully this will change in the future

o7

Guest neom   
Guest neom

This sucks as lemon is a fucking legend and great fun to play with, dayzrp seems to be more about reports then the rp and if you lose a fire fight you try to fuck the other party over with a report, I might join you brother as its becoming a joke and people do not understand the rules nor do they pay any attention to them they need to make the whitelist harder to cut the crap

SirStuey    0

Take care but in the end if you leave and expect change without putting your two cents in.. Change wont come quickly, any community needs its members to decide what happens in the end, Rolle and the others will of course have the last word but a community is a community.

lemonade319    31

Take care but in the end if you leave and expect change without putting your two cents in.. Change wont come quickly, any community needs its members to decide what happens in the end, Rolle and the others will of course have the last word but a community is a community.

I have put my two cents in, i have outlined some major issues with the rules and how it has ruined the fun of firefights which many clans do enjoy, also outlined some issues with the community, i do not see what you are saying.....

Samaritan    254

To the OP I think what SirStuey is saying is to stay and keep putting your two cent in and not doing that and leaving. The only way to effect change is sometimes to keep plugging away at it. If enough people get behind you on this, change will come.

I'm not whitelisted as yet (app waiting to be seen) so cannot really comment on DayRP specifically, but thought I would say something as this as happened on other games I've played. Stick with it matey, would be a shame to leave just when things might happen!

Peace!

SirStuey    0

To the OP I think what SirStuey is saying is to stay and keep putting your two cent in and not doing that and leaving. The only way to effect change is sometimes to keep plugging away at it. If enough people get behind you on this, change will come.

That is exactly what I meant, sorry for not making it clear. A community will not change if you throw your two cents in and leave.. As then you are not part of that community.

As Samaritan said, keep at it and don't give up at outlining the issues and bringing them up constantly EVEN if you look like a 'whiner' as in the end it'll change with a big enough backing. I do see issues on DayZRP as everyone may, the lack of RP in places, the happy trigger people and the not needed reports but you can't expect it all to change if you are basically saying "Hey, guess what, I see this is wrong here, that is too, but I am not staying, I tried but I can't anymore", that just shows you are giving up in a sense. So what if the community is report happy at the moment? Stick through it, battle through it, give enough evidence in the cases against you (if any) and show how the OP making that formal was a damn idiot and failed himself at following the rules.

Do not give up.

Stagsview    589

I see what you mean Lemon. I Think we should stop white-listing for a bit.. Have a temporary Closing, So all the new players that have joined can Get their "Roleplay" Skills up to scratch. I see every day loads and loads of new applications, and loads of people are coming in..making the server have new faces, maybe the old ones should have some time to come in their own no?

"Mind you I might be wrong..idk how many do get accepted"

I also agree with the fire fight rules.. Maybe we could do something like what happens on Epoch and have markers on their arms so they know who is in a fight or something along those lines...Use the report discussion more and give time to explain themselves or something..not just straight in BANG! But yes the reports need to calm down a peg. The poor admins are having a pick nick every day with these posts!

This is just my opinion on the matter... But I hope you will come back lemon. We need experienced ones to teach the young grasshoppers!

i see you lemon. and to all new people who come here and speak about change dont know nothing about this server. me myself have been playing this server for about a year or more and i can say it was so much better untill the server got flooded with so many people and them changing the rules making so many old people leave this server.