Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Archer

REMOVE: Get Out/Eject option in scroll menu.

Archer    0

Why should there be an option to get out/eject from a moving car, if it is going to kill you?..

I often try to access gear, or move to the driver/back seat and get killed because of this silly option in the menu.

It has zero RP value, and it makes zero sense to have it.

As much as I'd love to have this implemented as well (I've killed myself a few times as well), I don't think the devs would be able to remove a feature that's likely hard-coded into ARMA itself. However, I'm no coder, so it might be worth a look by someone who is.

What Exiled said. Is hardwired into the Arma engine and cannot be removed. It's just one of those things that you gotta deal with.

Archer    0

Well if they can't remove it, maybe make a saftey, where it asks you twice or something, because the fact that it's there, a mis-click away, is annoying.

Toorrik    4

If there was a way of removing the option at REALLY high speed, I might agree.

But what about this.

You avoid a roadblock and get shot at, the engine/fueltank/whatever gets damaged causing the car to become unstable. If you stay in the car much longer, you will get shot or explode. At this point, the car is still probably moving but slowly. You need to eject to increase your chances of survival.

But at the what about this. What if you are in a hostile situation, you have been kidnapped but are sat at the door. You know you are going to get executed so you eject and attempt to get away.

Those are a few situations I can think of that might require the Eject button while still slightly moving.

Also In my opinion though it holds RP value when used in certain situations.

Also to access gear while moving while avoiding accidental ejects. Go into the Map, Click players(?) and then click the gear button.

Kravock    1

I'm pretty sure it is possible to change. You can "lock" the vehicle at certain parameters such as speed.

Guest CoolGuy   
Guest CoolGuy

If there is a way to do this that would be amazing. I suggest locking the eject speed at around 10, you can survive the eject but will still be hurt from it. I too have done this and it just ruins my fun for another 30 minutes until I can get a coastal pickup

I sort of again with what General Frost (Toorrik) said.

I rarely if ever find myself hitting the key to eject, and removing it is somewhat insane the amount of times I've been shot at and bailed at like 40 speed to shoot is much more important than the accidental hitting eject.

Although reading Kravok's reply if its possible to "lock" the car and speeds above like 80, or something I'd be fine with that.

But don't remove the option all together..

If there is a way to do this that would be amazing. I suggest locking the eject speed at around 10, you can survive the eject but will still be hurt from it

You can eject at speeds of around 40 and survive, I think you die at 45-50..

Locking it at speeds of 10 is insane if I get in a car chase and find a chance to get out at shoot I'm doing it.

I even remember a time i was kidnapped by someone a long time ago and ejected at 30 and blew the car up..

Yuval    2

go into map

Units

your char

Bam, your in the gear of the car

Alan Woods    4

I would like this to happen,but since we are talking about modifying ARMA 2 engine,not really possible.

Also Yuval's suggestion is the best to access the gear.

And when you Alt+Tab,remember to press Esc before.

Guest CoolGuy   
Guest CoolGuy
You can eject at speeds of around 40 and survive, I think you die at 45-50..

Locking it at speeds of 10 is insane if I get in a car chase and find a chance to get out at shoot I'm doing it.

I even remember a time i was kidnapped by someone a long time ago and ejected at 30 and blew the car up..

Problem with that is that this is a Roleplay server. jumping out of a car going 40 mph is dangerous and will likely cause severe injury. In arma if you jump out at 40 you can immediately start opening fire on someone, and that to me is unrealistic.

SBJoshua    0

Well in the new DayZ 1.8 they have changed it so when in a vehicle you press G to access gear not sure if RP gets this update I don't know how it works but they have added that and a list of other options

Archer    0

I know how to access my gear through the map, and all that. I was simply giving an example.

Maybe if there were a way to add a safety option?

Scroll - Eject.

Are you sure?

-No

-Yes

What if you want to pull a runner from your captives who are driving you offroad? Worked for me before.

I would say yes to this, if the doors locked after 20kmph.

there really isnt a way for the game to dictate "okay the vehicle is now going above 10 KMH, remove the option"

its safe to exit a vehicle going like 5-10 KMH IMO, i could be wrong though.

why dont you guys just do what your supposed to do when driving at high speeds, sit down shut up and buckle up.

imagine if you will trying to do what your trying to do IRL. next thing you know you accidently kick the driver in the head because your backpack is in the back of the vehicle and he veers into a tree killing/hurting everyone lol

maybe im taking it to far though.

Archer    0

You can eject in real life, so why not in a videogame?

I was afraid this argument would come up...

Why would you jump out of a car moving at 100Km/h if you knew it was going to probably kill you?

Also, how are you going to accidentally open the door and step out?

How about this?

Jumping out of a moving vehicle only knocks you unconscious rather than killing you. At least then you have a chance of surviving if zombies don't eat you.

Archer    0

How about this?

Jumping out of a moving vehicle only knocks you unconscious rather than killing you. At least then you have a chance of surviving if zombies don't eat you.

Good suggestion, though I'm not sure if it's possible, but if it is... I like it.

You can eject in real life, so why not in a videogame?

I was afraid this argument would come up...

Why would you jump out of a car moving at 100Km/h if you knew it was going to probably kill you?

Also, how are you going to accidentally open the door and step out?

Point taken.

However, you could do it as a way to commit suicide, but that may start to leak into FailRP about not valuing your life.

Another point taken!