Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:05

Sign in to follow this  
McFluffyDucky

Attacks on settlements

Just came up with an idea after seeing that some of the guards of sanctuary are becoming frustrated with the amount of attacks on the sanctuary (I and most people can see why) however this may be due to the problem that the major clans don't know when the other has attacked say for example (please take no offence, these are examples) NRF attacked and failed then 20 minutes later after the battle had finished IRA attack, then 1 hour later another attacks giving little time for the defenders to regroup and re-arm they are suddenly attacked again making this a crap experience for the clans defending. therefore i suggest that there should be a thread set up for each settlement set up like a battle log. so time,date (can go into more detail like attackers, defeat or victory or even casualties if needs be) and it is filled in every time that the settlement is attacked therefore clans that are planing on attacking the settlement know that it has just been attacked by another clan and hopefully are trusted to back off for a hour or few to let them rearm (Rules could be set up if things got really bad like a certain amount of time set before another attack can take place) I honestly think that this could improve the defenders role play experience and even the attackers as there would be a greater challenge.

Thanks for reading

But if they look at a log on the forums to use as ingame information then it is metagaming. I see your point but I don't think the admins would agree with it.

But if they look at a log on the forums to use as ingame information then it is metagaming. I see your point but I don't think the admins would agree with it.

true yeah but there must be a way of doing it in a rp method like The actual attacking clan does it, and its acted out like its a journal that is found by the player (anybody on the forums that reads it)

SmokingKilz    0

Soon a lot more then just CRs are going to get frustrated, clans that attack so frequently do not seem to understand that it ruins other peoples RP, for example DgPg attacks almost every day on a regular basis, this just ruins it for every one. I do not think a clan would have the man power to attack every single day but somehow it works. Sanctuary has almost no day that it is not attacked, this puts people off from coming to Sanctuary and just ruins the fun for all.

Most clans attack just for the two-three weapons they might get.

I think something needs to be done otherwise settlement will never last since CRs will just get bored of constantly being stripped of gear and dyeing.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Now it's to be expected when opening a settlement.

I don't think anything will be done about it, but it's wall ALL CR's must understand what will come with their settlement. I wish we did when we opened the Sanctuary first off.

Cedrea    1

Soon a lot more then just CRs are going to get frustrated, clans that attack so frequently do not seem to understand that it ruins other peoples RP, for example DgPg attacks almost every day on a regular basis, this just ruins it for every one. I do not think a clan would have the man power to attack every single day but somehow it works. Sanctuary has almost no day that it is not attacked, this puts people off from coming to Sanctuary and just ruins the fun for all.

Most clans attack just for the two-three weapons they might get.

I think something needs to be done otherwise settlement will never last since CRs will just get bored of constantly being stripped of gear and dyeing.

^THIS

SmokingKilz    0

Now it's to be expected when opening a settlement.

I don't think anything will be done about it, but it's wall ALL CR's must understand what will come with their settlement. I wish we did when we opened the Sanctuary first off.

I am aware attacks come with opening a settlement but in no way does it make sense that clans attack once or twice a day, there is not way that they would have the men power for it.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Yeah, but that's just how it is in it's current state.

Daexarayan    0

This has been discussed, DUTY members have talked at length about it... Like clans/players should only be able to rob/assault a settlement so many times in a single week... Like two times, or something of the sort... And while that number seems low... When fights rage on for hours at a time each day it gets very daunting and discouraging to the defenders... Especially when we want the Sanctuary to be just that, a Sanctuary from the infected and the world in general. A place where people can come to relax, trade goods and be on their way for continued adventures.

Some members thought that perhaps if the Sanctuary was rebuilt, to become so overpowered that no one would attack it... I stated it would be all the more reason to attack it. So they can control weapon emplacements and rob anyone that comes there.

All in all, a lot has been proposed. The most acceptable is probably the first motion... Since its just about limiting attacks rather then getting rid of them altogether.

I know for a fact that one of the clans helping defend the sanctuary are pretty fed up and are looking to greener pastures... But then again, I have seen reduced members from all clans more and more because of all the attacks. And less and less of civilians just looking for a place to hang out.

SmokingKilz    0

And I am saying that something needs to be done to improve everyones RP. It's not fair if the attackers have fun but the rest suffer.

Daexarayan    0

And I am saying that something needs to be done to improve everyones RP. It's not fair if the attackers have fun but the rest suffer.

I completely agree, but people need to propose ideas of what to do.

Maybe we could have a newspaper that reports things like this, we already have a radio station why not a newspaper that can be posted in the rp section of the forums telling about the raids, that way a clan will know the settlement had been raided

SmokingKilz    0

I completely agree, but people need to propose ideas of what to do.

I have seen many ideas, but all of them get turned down because ''attacks are something that will happen, you need to keep that in your mind when opening a settlement''.

I think that mentality is one sided, settlements are there for RP and a place to go when you have no where else. They are NOT war zones.

Popeye509    1

Maybe it could be like a radio broadcast radioing out for help? *radio crackles to life with sirens in the background* "This is the guards/commander of the Sanctuary (etc etc) calling for reinforcements and medical aid, we have just been attacked by ________ we have been heavily/not badly hit but need to re-group. or something along those lines.

EDIT: so it is a rp way for other clans to listen in as a *spy has found out their emergency broadcast* ta da!

Cedrea    1

Maybe it could be like a radio broadcast radioing out for help? *radio crackles to life with sirens in the background* "This is the guards/commander of the Sanctuary (etc etc) calling for reinforcements and medical aid, we have just been attacked by ________ we have been heavily/not badly hit but need to re-group. or something along those lines.

That would not help.

R Steele    0

I know something needs to be done as 2-3 attacks a day on 1 place is getting beyond the point of ridiculous

Hell I was told on TS last night that a few of the clans are working together to alternate attacks so they can keep them going like this

What's stupid is, that the people attacking could of just got entrance in the first place and would be able to get a great chunk of RP, but no.... Seems people just like mindlessly killing folks at settlements because they have a "reason" to do so, and nothing has been done to stem it.

SmokingKilz    0

Hell I was told on TS last night that a few of the clans are working together to alternate attacks so they can keep them going like this

That is just... Wha.... That should be against the rules.

Daexarayan    0

I know something needs to be done as 2-3 attacks a day on 1 place is getting beyond the point of ridiculous

It doesn't even make sense... Why? Because they want something good to fail? Or, hey I can't have my own player camp so no one should? I just don't understand the mentalities out there... But then again, I play in a Hero clan that tried to help rather then hinder and persecute based on ideologies, nationalities, or whatever reason someone comes up with to RP a "bad guy"

SmokingKilz    0

What's stupid is, that the people attacking could of just got entrance in the first place and would be able to get a great chunk of RP, but no.... Seems people just like mindlessly killing folks at settlements because they have a "reason" to do so, and nothing has been done to stem it.

I have had awesome RP when we are not attacked, but since it is rare that we are not attacked we don't get too much RP. Hell, every small three man group thinks they can just walk in and shoot a couple of people and take everything.

I mean event that new clan Holden PMC was talking about coordinating a attack and I do not see a single fucking reason a PMC group would attack a neutral settlement, thats just bad RP.

PS: 100 POSTS WHOOT WHOOOT!

Popeye509    1

That would not help.

Why? Who would attack somewhere which has just been attacked? Thats like going into a store after finding out they are out of stock... or robbing a bank when it just got robbed to get money.

Cedrea    1

That would not help.

Why? Who would attack somewhere which has just been attacked? Thats like going into a store after finding out they are out of stock... or robbing a bank when it just got robbed to get money.

Attackers don't care about that..

Popeye509    1

That would not help.

Attackers don't care about that..

I think some would. The only other way is by making it a rule and atleast if you combined that with this it would give a good rp reason.