Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:56
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Ramadi Marksman

Removing Scalp

As the title says... have an option that you can remove the scalp off any dead body carry them around in your gear, and when you put them on the floor people can "study" the scalp and see who it belong to. It can be also used to confirm "contracts" or to just carry them with you. So to scalp or not to scalp.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Why can't we remove the face and run around wearing it like a trophy?

Yuval    2

Well, since everyone carries a type of ID in the game, why not take it?

I don't carry ID in game. It's just a way to ID people after they are dead.

//Might stop by the DMV later though.

Yuval    2

I don't carry ID in game. It's just a way to ID people after they are dead.

//Might stop by the DMV later though.

some people show passports, or drivers license as a rp way of IDing themself, you can say you found an ID in his pocket as a less.. brutal way of proving a kill

why just the scalp? The whole head makes more sense. :P

They used to do this in Ultima Online as a way of collecting on bounties.

Firstly, I'm not a fan of scalping people, but aside from that, I don't believe that DayZ can handle dynamically-named items, so one scalp would be the same as another, or another, etc.

If it could handle such items, having ID cards would make more sense, or dogtags, or something like that.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Why can't we remove the face and run around wearing it like a trophy?

IxionHD.pngbefore butthurt this picture is fiction and special effects, its not real so no need to be annoyed by it

Please do it!

Guest rondahonda   
Guest rondahonda

lol youre sick

I can't see any of the devs putting the effort into this. As far as I know, there is not a Scalping mod for Arma2.

How about you write their names on a piece of paper, or roleplay out scalping them?

SBJoshua    0

As the title says... have an option that you can remove the scalp off any dead body carry them around in your gear, and when you put them on the floor people can "study" the scalp and see who it belong to. It can be also used to confirm "contracts" or to just carry them with you. So to scalp or not to scalp.

I say we should be able to actually take peoples heads or if your not that hardcore maybe we could implement a way to take ID or clan dog tags as a way to identify them would be a cool toolbelt item. If we use heads it should take 3 slots in your inventory (half the size of most industrial and not as big).

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

The option to remove heads seems a bit much if you ask me.

Would it not be better if when you killed someone and ID'd the body that their name would be added to your journal or you acquired their dogtags and were able to carry something in your inventory and pass them on or drop them rather than carrying 6-7 heads around with you or a bag full of scalps.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

The option to remove heads seems a bit much if you ask me.

Would it not be better if when you killed someone and ID'd the body that their name would be added to your journal or you acquired their dogtags

This

ktbur    9

I think its a bit too much as well.

As Winslow said, perhaps it would be better if you RP taking their dog-tags instead.

The only problem you come across with any sort of memorabilia, or whatever you'd like to call it from a corpse after you'd killed them is because death isn't permanent, you'd constantly have to RP meeting a person whose scalp (other body parts are available) you own.

It would be a tad awkward. Same would go for keeping the names of the men you've killed because it's conflicting with everyone else's role play, best to keep it vague when recollecting kills and just say 'a man I slaughtered' etc. or just be specific to the group.