Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:20
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DeadAntelope

Can hear myself through my headset

Question

So whilst my PC is being built I'm borrowing my brother's PC and so I've plugged in my headset. But for some reason I can hear myself through my right headset part but it is just noise so is really annoying.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

18 answers to this question

Some headsets have some sort of inbuilt thingy where you can hear yourself, so for example, when your volume is really loud, you don't start shouting because you can hear your own voice.

It may all be down to the actual microphone settings on the computer.

Alec    0

Anyways right click bottom right volum logo, click recording devices, find your microphone (usually has a tick on it), right click that, click properties, select "Listen" tab, untick "Listen to this Device".

If that doesn't work, what headset do you have? If they're turtle beaches then it's the feature Assassin mentioned.

Alec    0

So in "Recording devices" "Your mic properties" there is no listen tab? You sure?

TX5ByWY.png

x_kane_x188    0

I'm sure. I have all but the levels one.

You don't need the levels one, just the listen tab, take a screenshot of your properties tab open.

Alec    0

^^^^^^^

Yeh, the listen tab should have that setting, see the one that says listen to this device?

So in "Recording devices" "Your mic properties" there is no listen tab? You sure?

TX5ByWY.png

That may be it, untick the "listen to this device" if it's ticked.

Alec    0

That's weird man, can't help you there then. Sorry, maybe try googling it?

You can hear it constantly? Also does your brothers PC have any drivers or something that have more settings for audio? Perhaps it comes from there.

(message me later, I've had this problem afew times the fix is normally easy^^)

VaneKyle    0

If there is no listen tab go into settings of default sound device. If you're lucky there's a option concerning microphone in there which you need to turn off(do not know the name of the option).

Going to see if I can find it.

EDIT: Called something along the lines of "Microphone FP".

@Mex No, not constantly but it happens when I make a loud noise. I wouldn't know about the drivers thing.

@Vane I couldn't find that but I went into my speakers and saw that it was playing back my mic so I turned it off and hey presto! No more noise!

VaneKyle    0

@Mex No, not constantly but it happens when I make a loud noise. I wouldn't know about the drivers thing.

@Vane I couldn't find that but I went into my speakers and saw that it was playing back my mic so I turned it off and hey presto! No more noise!

Please, call me Jesus.

tumblr_m3bzc40g2o1r1awtfo1_250.gif

Was it in Mixer or settings?

Never had this problem only heard of it :)

EDIT: VaneKyle4Staff