Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:06

Sign in to follow this  
SkillerPenguin

Clans on S3

Question

How will the clan panel work out when there are different clans on S3 (Panthera)? Some people will be in separate clans depending on what server they're on.

7 answers to this question

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I'm confused as well! Why will a different map affect the clans?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

It's a different country, It's a different time etc.

CLF wouldn't make sense if it was in America would it?

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

They just make a quick edit that they left Chernarus for a mission or whatever and landed on Panthera to buy some candy and they got stuck there. I don't think it's gonna be any hard to find a reason!

Goz    2

It could be easily spinned around - CLF got fed up with Americans invading Chernarus so they decided to root out the evil in it's source ;)

Possibilities are great, with big RP luggage some clans have - even more vast. All you need is

[video=youtube]

;)

Tomeran    3

Since Panthera is based on a place in Croatia(I think), the closest RL "translation" of the location would be that its an island of Croatia. Or maybe down in Turkey somewhere, due to the partial desert climate. (Panthera's background story of extreme enviromental disaster does not hold up in dayZ)

If one argues that Chernarus, Takistan and the green sea is somewhere in the easternmost reaches of Europe or on the edges of central Asia(which I do), then the distance to Panthera is not -massive-.

Thus it CAN be feasible that some survivors from Chernarus could go on an expedition west, perhaps in an attempt to escape the wrecked countryside of Chernarus, and crash-land in Panthera.

That excuse can hold up -once-. Twice? Three times? Four times? Exporting entire clans to the place over a longer time? That's when "sense" is starting to be stretched to the breaking point. Why? Because Panthera has nothing notable about it that would make it an intentional travel destination for all of these people, especielly with all the risks involved.

The only way around that is to invent something notable about it, I suppose.

Personally I think "character import" from Chernarus to Panthera should be very limited, but I definetly think the two maps should exist in the same universe at the same time. Could present some -very- interesting roleplay.

Creating new characters on Panthera seems the more reasonable option.

As for the OP's question: Different characters in different clans, yes? The clan panel will loose a bit of relevance in regards to Panthera because its based on the idea that people have one character in one clan per forum account. I have a character in CLF but that doesnt show.

Im not sure if that's a big deal, really. Unless any future model of clans skins(which is still months and months and months away, if its ever coming) will be reliant on said clan panel.