Server time: 2017-10-21, 04:41
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DigitalRenegade

DayZ FPS Optimization

Helped a couple clan mates out with this tonight so I thought I would post this here.

Config Settings for DayZ FPS

The settings will be in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ArmA 2\arma2oa.cfg

And

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\CHARACTERNAME.ArmA2OAProfile

These settings are split between the two.

ShadingQuality=0 // this will lower the shader quality, but give an fps increase

AToC=6 //disables antialising on grass = huge fps boots

PPAA =1 //enables basic FXAA, which gives back a bit of AA on grass

PPAA_Level=1

In-Game

View Distance: 1600 (rumor is that this is the max that DayZ allows)

Brightness: 1

Gamma: 1

Texture Detail: HIGH (just my personal pref.)

Video Memory: Default (using a setting other than Default can be very bad)

Anisotropic Filtering: HIGH (makes things like the lines in the roads less blurry)

Anti Aliasing: OFF or HIGH (find out what works for you)

ATOC: All Trees (this is setting 6 in the .cfg)

Terrain Detail: Normal (that’s what mine is)

Object Detail: Very Low (my attempt to squeeze more FPS out – adjust to your liking)

Shadows: OFF or HIGH

HDR: Normal (supposedly you can set this higher with no FPS hit)

PPAA: FXAA Low

Quality: leave this alone, should say Custom

Interface Resolution: best to set to your native resolution

3D Resolution: same as above

Post Proccessing Effects: OFF (this setting causes major lag)

Aspect Ratio: leave alone (mine says Custom)

Vsync: OFF

Launch Parameters

These should be added on to the launch options of arma2 OA or whatever program you are using to launch DayZ.

* -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -world=chernarus -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause *

-cpuCount=8 (put this to how many cores you have. I have 8 cores so I put 8.)

-maxMem=2047 (anything higher than 2047 just reverts back to 2047. 2047= 2 gigs of RAM)

-maxVRAM=2047 (put this to however many MB/GB your graphics card is. 2047= 2 GB graphics card.)

-world=chernarus (loads the only world DayZ uses)

-skipIntro (get’s rid of the movie playing behind the menus)

-nosplash (removes the intro logo’s and screens)

-noPause (this is huge – makes it so that when you alt-tab out the screen still shows live action instead of freezing)

-winxp This obviously runs things in Windows XP mode. This makes the game run in Direct3D 9, not the Vista/Windows 7 version . It might give a boost for some people.

Here is a guide I did on using RamDisk to get even more FPS out of DayZ:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moanFDKRGQI

You guys can sticky this if you want.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

/Search

/Thread

I didn't search just FPS. Figured that would pull up a whole bunch of random stuff which as your link shows, it did. Anyways still valid since this one has stuff most of those don't have in it. Plus out of that link I found a total of two threads that were a guide on how to increase FPS. First one was literally just WaltteriH linking to a video some Machinima guy did (with "This trick gives you radical difference between the framerates before and after. Did this myself a while ago." above it.) and the guy in the video is obnoxious too no end. Plus the two things in the video that he has you change really doesn't have that big of a difference on fps by themselves (especially since everyone in that thread said they have seen no difference). And the other one doesn't have some stuff mine does. Like the RamDisk. My thread was actually started as a guide not a "how do I fix my FPS problem?" Then everyone giving suggestions. Anyways like your "The Law" from Video Game High School signature and avatar.

MartinJ    1

With the RAM virtual disk thing, for DayZRP you need to put that specific folder on the virtual disk space don't you? So not just the 400MB of DayZ files but 1,3GB of DayZRP files, otherwise it's not gonna help is it?

With the RAM virtual disk thing, for DayZRP you need to put that specific folder on the virtual disk space don't you? So not just the 400MB of DayZ files but 1,3GB of DayZRP files, otherwise it's not gonna help is it?

You don't need the DayZ files on there at all. Only need the 2.6 GB @DayZRP folder on the RamDisk drive. Like I said in the video I used this method and I went from 40ish frames to 57-60.

GlitchyV2    0

Remember that you MUST HAVE ATLEAST 8GB RAM when using RamDisk with DayZRP

And also, Moxy already made a perfect thread about this!

And also, Moxy already made a perfect thread about this!

Yeah his guide is basically the same thing (just with more info on how it affects the graphics) but without RamDisk. His was the other guide I was talking about when I said I found a total of two guides. Also people are giving the:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

thing too much credit. Many people have said it does a total of nothing for them. If I was going by some of these guys logic that means I was at 25ish frames and from just doing that I should be at 55 before doing anything else (Moxy said he went from 30 to 60+). I have done that and I was at 40ish AFTER doing all the stuff in my tutorial (which are from the looks of it the same stuff in his tutorial). It only reached 57-60 after ramdisk.

MartinJ    1

The frames thing made me go from constant 20 to 40, and 20 in cities, so definitely an improvement. However, as with any FPS tweaks for games, and ArmA especially, results will always vary among different systems.

Sly    1

Thanks man, really helped out! My laptop isn't that good for games.

Terra    1449

Hmm, Ok. I will try this on my own. (this will be interesting)

Toorrik    4

I was Using RamDisk with 4gb of RAM and it worked perfectly fine for a while. I had to close nearly every program to make sure I had all my RAM allocated to it and after a while I would bluescreen.

So with lower Ram you need to restart your game every so often to keep your RAM usage on the lower side.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

MAJOR FPS INCREASE.

Thanks mate! :)

Owen    14

Really good post for FPS increase. Thanks

Guest RiZa   
Guest RiZa

Will a hd radeon 7850 keep up with this setting?

For someone that has a very good PC and doesn't need fps boosts, what would be the best settings to be able to keep an eye on other players and also don't get motion blur. I actually want info on what is PPAA,HDR,ATOC and Postprocess effects.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

For someone that has a very good PC and doesn't need fps boosts, what would be the best settings to be able to keep an eye on other players and also don't get motion blur. I actually want info on what is PPAA,HDR,ATOC and Postprocess effects.

If you don't want motion blur, just turn off Post-processing Effects.

Guest Spectre21   
Guest Spectre21

isnt this for more med rig and high rigs

I have a terrible compiyer and can pretty much only run on very low settings.....will this increase my current 10-20 frame even though my set up is terrible :(

Sign in to follow this