Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:50

Sign in to follow this  

Make HAZMAT suit immune to infection

Since HAZMAT suits can rarely go inside fire stations in the top floor without flying through the roof and unable to crawl under holes in the walls why not make it so they can't get infections? HAZMAT suits just debuff your character right now.

Making the hazmat suit make you immune makes no sense, you usually get infected by getting bitten by another infected. Unless the hazmat suit is magical or is made of some sort of impenetrable material, then it makes no sense whatsoever to make them immune to infection, and how exactly would the suit protect against infections from dodgy blood bags or infected water?

Toorrik    4

But the fact is the Hazmat suit isn't made out of Unobtainium therefore is prone to scratches and damage. Because its a donation skin, it would also be Pay-to-Win.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

I See where Tdawg is coming from.

If you wear a Hazmat suit your are at a big disadvantage.....can't even walk into most buildings.

Guest ash   
Guest ash

Here's a solution, don't wear it.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Here's a solution, don't wear it.

That's why no one does.

WE need it fixed, or have a perk.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Well yeah I think you look like a clown anyway with that hazmat skin. The fact that it comes with all colors of the rainbow just tops it all off

I disagree with the suggestion. As aforementioned this is kind of too much into the pay2win direction and that's the last thing we aim to achieve.

Personally I enjoy trying to RP this weirdness away in the hazmat suit. I agree with Alpha really about pay3win etc. apart from the clown comment. Bill Brownslow is not amused by that.

Jerry    15

Only immune from zombie strikes, not from blood transfusions.

That firestation problem seems fairly serious though, perhaps remove the hazmat suit?

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Only immune from zombie strikes, not from blood transfusions.

That firestation problem seems fairly serious though, perhaps remove the hazmat suit?

It's not like zombies would not be able to penetrate a hazmat suit? Hazmat suits are not made against bites or stabbing? It's not a stab- or bulletproof suit or anything like that at all. Even if it would stop the bites for a while, eventually it would get damaged anyway.

What about lowering the chance of getting infected?

Jerry    15

There is NO way in hell you would be able to scratch through a hazmat suit..or bite through it.

I actually like the restrictions in some way that i possesses, such as the restricted movement for example of not being able to jump fences and go under broken walls.

If you get into the territory of trying to have a RP reason behind it being less immune then you play into a rather dangerous territory of questioning many other RP elements such as eating, drinking, blood transfusions, taking morphine etc that are to its detriment.

The only major issue in my eyes is the fire station glitch. Had it happen to me where I just slowly sank through the ceiling. 'Some wet cement' was my RP cover but yeah, many deaths could happen in the fire station. Also I can't go in or out of the rear entrance of supermarkets which is also quite lethal if cornered.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

There is NO way in hell you would be able to scratch through a hazmat suit..or bite through it.

Yes there is. I'm taking the ingame hazmat suits resembles the Level A suit (The most secure suit).

Level A Hazmat suits are made to prevent contamination, not to protect yourself against physical violence. It's air- and waterproof, but not stab- and bulletproof. Yeah sure, the level A hazmat suits consists of several layers but it won't stop zombies from ripping it open. Not to mention people wearing these wouldn't be able to wear one for longer than a certain period of time because the oxygen runs out and nothing can get in but nothing can get out either, meaning all kinds of body fluids will not be able to leave the body because you're basically trapped in a suit. There's no point wearing such thing. It's only useful for a short period of time but only against contamination, and if you wear it for longer than appropriate, you're very likely to get medical issues, and as well as that the suit makes it very difficult to move let alone running with it. All in all that won't really contribute to your health, especially not in an environment like the one we're all roleplaying in.

One of the pros of the suit is however that it's got a built-in flash suit which protects you against explosions and fire, but other than that I can see this doing no good to any survivor wearing this thing on long terms.

Guest rondahonda   
Guest rondahonda

nice idea i hope it will be implemented

Undead    235

Although intresting, I don't know if it is viable in the current situation. It would be better if the Hazmat suit problems were fixed (don't know if possible). However when it comes to zombies being able to scratch and bite through it I am sure that they could. However the suit would protect you from normal blood contamination. (Infected Blood to eyes/mouth/open wounds, etc.) However as far as I know the only way to get infected in game is by physical attacks from the infected.

Although it would be pretty intresting if it was added that every time you kill a zed without some sort of protection (gask mask, glasses, etc) you have a very small chance to get infected from blood splatter. Or if you are already wounded ( certian amount of blood implies that you would have an open wound of some kind) you have a higher chance of being infected. Just shooting ideas for fun, not sure if they are viable.

All I can see are the Devs saying "Nope."

Think of the ways you get infected.

Eating something uncooked, drinking unboiled water, Staying out in the cold and getting bitten by zombies.

How would your clothes protect you from what you consume? Hazmat suits aren't insulated either.

Sin    113

Came here to say pretty much everything that's been said, especially the first two posts.

Left not disappointed.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

We just need the Hazmat suit fixed, that's all.