Server time: 2019-03-23, 23:40 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 17 hours, 19 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ash

The Youtube Guide.

Very nice guide.

At the moment I am having issues with monetising a DayZRP video of mine, even when it has been recorded using the same method as my others ones that have been accepted for monetisation. It has live commentary, credits in the description, i.e, mentioning the DayZRP website and how to whitelist, and even this statement that was on a form for commercial use rights for Bohemia Interactive games (Arma II OA in this case):

"This video is created using games from Bohemia Interactive.

See www.bistudio.com for more information."

I have sent Youtube my statement on how I do have commercial use rights for DayZRP and Arma II and that I have no quarrels with sending them copies of the form I needed to sign and date, etc for Bohemia Interactive so that they are aware that I am doing it, as well as information regarding DayZRP.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could help me out by taking a quick skim through my video to see if you can give me information on what it is I do not have commercial use rights for, if possible. You can view my video

, granted it is no where near as good of quality as BigLittleShorts or Lewis' but I am still new to creating content for Youtube and also I'm using basic programs like Windows Movie Maker, haha.

Very nice guide.

At the moment I am having issues with monetising a DayZRP video of mine, even when it has been recorded using the same method as my others ones that have been accepted for monetisation. It has live commentary, credits in the description, i.e, mentioning the DayZRP website and how to whitelist, and even this statement that was on a form for commercial use rights for Bohemia Interactive games (Arma II OA in this case):

I have sent Youtube my statement on how I do have commercial use rights for DayZRP and Arma II and that I have no quarrels with sending them copies of the form I needed to sign and date, etc for Bohemia Interactive so that they are aware that I am doing it, as well as information regarding DayZRP.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could help me out by taking a quick skim through my video to see if you can give me information on what it is I do not have commercial use rights for, if possible. You can view my video

, granted it is no where near as good of quality as BigLittleShorts or Lewis' but I am still new to creating content for Youtube and also I'm using basic programs like Windows Movie Maker, haha.

Do NOT monetize videos without being with a network, I'm a YouTuber myself, and trust me, it's not worth the risk. You may indeed have rights, as that statement claims, but YouTube monetization while on your own is weird. I almost lost my monetization tab forever when doing this 2 years ago.

What does that mean for a YT channel? Well, it means you can NEVER be partnered, NEVER have a Google AdSense account, since it's disabled, and NEVER make money on YouTube.

This happened when I was at 4k subs or so. Just wait till you're big enough to get into a network (it's SUPER easy these days, although look for good deals of course, back when I did it, it was SUPER hard, which is why this seemed like a "good" alternative, since I then get 100% of the AdSense revenue, instead of a network taking a cut, if I'd even get in one), if you don't, you're risking your YT channel really.

It was depressing as shit, I was VERY lucky to get mine back, and I wouldn't of course be making YT videos today if my luck wasn't like that.

Just a word of advice, you may have rights, just like I did, but is it really worth those few pennies? Keep in mind Google don't even send you anything until you hit a threshold (I think it was 40$/£/whatever when I used it), you'll probably be with a network by time you even hit that, and then that money you will never get).

But yeahhhh.

Guest CDR Steve Blazer

I'm a YouTuber myself

Holy shit, really?

Guest Alfie

I'm a YouTuber myself

Holy shit, really?

I loled.

Very nice guide.

Do NOT monetize videos without being with a network, I'm a YouTuber myself, and trust me, it's not worth the risk. You may indeed have rights, as that statement claims, but YouTube monetization while on your own is weird. I almost lost my monetization tab forever when doing this 2 years ago.

What does that mean for a YT channel? Well, it means you can NEVER be partnered, NEVER have a Google AdSense account, since it's disabled, and NEVER make money on YouTube.

This happened when I was at 4k subs or so. Just wait till you're big enough to get into a network (it's SUPER easy these days, although look for good deals of course, back when I did it, it was SUPER hard, which is why this seemed like a "good" alternative, since I then get 100% of the AdSense revenue, instead of a network taking a cut, if I'd even get in one), if you don't, you're risking your YT channel really.

It was depressing as shit, I was VERY lucky to get mine back, and I wouldn't of course be making YT videos today if my luck wasn't like that.

Just a word of advice, you may have rights, just like I did, but is it really worth those few pennies? Keep in mind Google don't even send you anything until you hit a threshold (I think it was 40$/£/whatever when I used it), you'll probably be with a network by time you even hit that, and then that money you will never get).

But yeahhhh.

Thanks for the quick response, Lewis. Now that you have mentioned about joining a network, would you mind explaining them to me a little more, if you don't mind and of course if you have the time. For one, what do you mean by looking for a network that has a "good deal".

I wasn't actually aware you were partnered with a network, as some Youtubers I see that are, usually have their networks name plastered either all of their channel page with links to their website, or in their videos. I'm assuming certain networks require you to do such things?

Guest ash

Very nice guide.

But yeahhhh.

Thanks for the quick response, Lewis. Now that you have mentioned about joining a network, would you mind explaining them to me a little more, if you don't mind and of course if you have the time. For one, what do you mean by looking for a network that has a "good deal".

I wasn't actually aware you were partnered with a network, as some Youtubers I see that are, usually have their networks name plastered either all of their channel page with links to their website, or in their videos. I'm assuming certain networks require you to do such things?

I'm not certain, but I believe he is talking about a sponsor or a conglomerate type ordeal. Many big youtubers are sponsored by companies that use the 'tuber to promote their goods. For instance, I used to watch a WoW player, he was sponsored by Razer, they gave him money for views, merchandise to host giveaways and many other benefits such as helping him out if his material was flagged as copyrighted.

You don't need a ton of subscribers to get sponsored either, TekSyndicate for example has 176,000 subscribers, but they have been sponsored by all sorts of tech companies since around 40,000.

Also, thank you Lewis for helping out people on my thread, I haven't been on the forums much and it is greatly appreciated, especially since you are a famous youtuber yourself.

Or actually I think he may have been referring to a network like this; https://apply.fullscreen.net/?ref=aj1080pgamer

But yeahhhh.

I'm not certain, but I believe he is talking about a sponsor or a conglomerate type ordeal. Many big youtubers are sponsored by companies that use the 'tuber to promote their goods. For instance, I used to watch a WoW player, he was sponsored by Razer, they gave him money for views, merchandise to host giveaways and many other benefits such as helping him out if his material was flagged as copyrighted.

You don't need a ton of subscribers to get sponsored either, TekSyndicate for example has 176,000 subscribers, but they have been sponsored by all sorts of tech companies since around 40,000.

Also, thank you Lewis for helping out people on my thread, I haven't been on the forums much and it is greatly appreciated, especially since you are a famous youtuber yourself.

Or actually I think he may have been referring to a network like this; https://apply.fullscreen.net/?ref=aj1080pgamer

Yeah, I do believe he was referring to a network such as fullscreen. Lewis has been taking some time to explain the whole networking partnership situation to me, and he's been very helpful indeed. =)

Guest mooimabird

Ill keep an eye on it! Hopefully more stuff is going to be added.

Guest Thuesen207

Good guide :)

Holy shit, really?

I loled.

Don't like to blow my own trumpet and expect everyone to know who I am :>

// thanks for crashing my bus in your stream and shooting me btw :L

Nice tips. Thanks.

Guest The Nightmare

Wonderful guide thanks ash!!! :)

Sign in to follow this