Server time (UTC): 2019-07-23, 12:08
Sign in to follow this  
LoneWolfy

XML Rule - Let the Civi's Play!!!

It has come to my attention that the rule regarding clan's and their XML within in operation is terribly flawed and can in some instances hinder RP drastically. Recently, this rule has played a role in the deterrence of RP with regards to Civilians working with clans. For instance, if a clan is carrying out an operation such as a roadblock or robbery and they have Civi's who want to participate for better RP, why do the rules have to hinder the Civi's RP experience. People are slowly forgetting that this is a role-play server. If we pack rules upon rules to minuscule problems we only veer the server further from an RP and more towards a policed server that lacks RP. Don't get me wrong, rules are a quintessential aspect of the server. But i feel the rule regarding XML usage in clan operations should be somewhat tweaked to allow Civi's better opportunities within the Role-play community.

Some hot-fix ideas to the rule:

- Make it so Civi's can participate in clan operations but cannot initiate directly with the other involved party unless hostilities are ended.

- Allow Civi's to participate in clan operation and firefights so long as their actions do not pose a large advantage. (I.E telling a Civi to drive up to enemy locations and use his lack of XML to get into enemy positions and kill them).

Please take this idea as a way to broaden RP for Civi's and not a way fro clans to exploit Civi usage in firefights. Of course if this idea were to be used and the exploitation of Civi's was shown it should be changed back but at least give this a chance so Civi's who want to role-play alone or with a friend aren't forced to join clans in order to participate in events with them. Thank you for your time.

Or remove the whole xml rule since xml's are just one ooc way to get "advantage" over other clan. You dont need to know who robs you. You need to stay aware 100 % and not drop your guard simply because you thought the guy you are talking to is just simple "civ".

Please read this: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-xml-rule?pid=292544#pid292544

Yea, we were involved in the event he described. It was a load of **** because we provided GREAT RP, yet we were in the wrong for having a CIVI friend join in.

Guest Grumby

You can't really call your own RP great, it doesn't work like that.

Your missing the point but whatever. Im getting a message across and your arguing about random nonsense

I'll call it great than. It was great!

Was it that hard to leave your opinion in my thread(so the whole forum won't be spammed with it)?

Edit: I am 100% against civilians in clan operations without a XML tag. Every clan can create a different XML tag for civilians that want to play with them. This solves all the problems.

Was it that hard to leave your opinion in my thread(so the whole forum won't be spammed with it)?

Edit: I am 100% against civilians in clan operations without a XML tag. Every clan can create a different XML tag for civilians that want to play with them. This solves all the problems.

No it doesn't, why would you create an XML and add someone to it if they are only going to be with you for a few hours.

No it doesn't, why would you create an XML and add someone to it if they are only going to be with you for a few hours.

So you don't create confusion?

So you don't create confusion?

Fights are confusing. Last night one of my own men accidentally shot me. It wasn't because I didn't have an XML, it was because he was jumpy and I ran into his FOV. I don't get why people are suddenly pushing for temp civ tags. You how much more work that is? Even with the tutorials, I still can't get my clan's XML to work, and if this clears, now I have to create a temp tag for some guy to tag along? Ok. Here's how that goes in game.

"Oh you want to tag along with my men and I Mr. Civi? Ok, just wait here for 10 minutes while I get your PID, your full name, create a block of code in our XML file, send you the link, you log out, add that url to your profile and you can play with us."

And then when he logs out to add the link, the server fills and he can't get back in. That's 10 minutes wasted just because some guy, who wanted to tag along, wanted to see how we play and operate, and now he can't even do that.

You're stonewalling what should be a fluid process in game. You're also stifling the freedom of players, who choose not to join clans.

Also you are still using OOC info to affect your in character decisions. In real life you would not know if the guy is from a clan or not. They would not wear the tags.

TBH the player list it self is a huge OOC info.