Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 22:49
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 hour, 11 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Tundrick

wrong CD key

In my normal Arma 2 game i have the right update but in dayzRP it says I'm one update behind and when i go to update it says wrong CD key when i try both dayz commander and the file provided in the post for downloads. Any help would be appreciated.

Firstly, when playing on DayZRP servers, avoid DayZ Commander at all costs.

Secondly, make sure you have the latest ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead beta patch installed. If you download the one available in Steam, you should have the correct beta patch installed.

If your problem persists after that, try launching it as an administrator.

I'm stuck on patch 103419 even though it has said it has patched but still gives me the wrong CD key pop-up it still has down the bottom right the old patch and wont let me join the dayzRP servers, I'm pretty sure this is only on dayzRP and not on my regular Arma 2 OA.

If you are updating your beta patch through DayZ Commander, make sure to follow these steppes:

1) Go to settings in DayZ Commander

2) In "STEAM OPTIONS" make sure to enable "Replace original ARMA2OA files with Beta so Steam works"

3) Make sure your game directories are set to the correct location in "GAME DIRECTORIES"

Make sure to run the patch executable as an administrator by right clicking the file and select "Run as administrator".

How ever, I advise you to download the latest ARMA2 patch here.

You could also try to just run ARMA II until you get to the menu and close the program. Repeat with ARMA II OA.

I have tried all of that dayz commander stuff and i used the file there as well both normal and as administrator but still the same thing just wrong CD key. I have never had this problem before when updating my game but I'm not sure if it is just affecting my dayzRP or the game as a whole but i have never had trouble playing on servers.

Are you sure that you both checked the options "Launch using Steam" and "Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works"?

To me it sounds like the game directories are off.

You can try to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\ or where ever you installed Arma2OA and just delete the "beta" folder. After that try to install the latest beta patch again.

EDIT: Install the beta patch manually, not with DayZ Commander, after deleting the beta folder.

I deleted the beta folder and did the patch again and i got the same message "wrong CD key" but the beta file came back into my Arma folder so i think it is working but for some reason it messes up with dayzRP and has it a version lower.

My dayzRP is the thing with the wrong patch version, the normal game itself has the right patch version, so it must have something to do with dayzRP i guess.

Some people have reported the issue that the game got successfully patched but still receive the same error as you do (Wrong CD-Key). They seem to suggest that you just ignore it and try to play anyway and it has worked for them.

Have you tried this?

yes i have but are they talking about normal Arma or dayzRP because i think it might be different because it has patched successfully on my normal Arma 2 and i can play on servers that are on that patch, it's just dayzRP that wont let me play on servers of that patch because i apparently don't have the right patch.

This is very strange and I am afraid I can not help you any further. You could try to send a PM to a staff member or try to catch them on TeamSpeak and see if they have time to help you!

As lundborg said,

"Wrong CD Key" is a known problem, that is caused by steam (I may be wrong). It has no effect, just ignore it.