Server time: 2018-04-21, 15:34

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TehGhstMan

Ideas on what voice to use in DayZRP

Guest TehGhstMan

Hi guys, I recently applied and can't work out what voice to do! :(

Like I mean should I use my real voice or should I put on a accent e.g Russian?

Or should I just use like morphVOX and change up my voice?

Need help :S

-Future message- Thanks for your replies

Guest Malcolm

I've not actually played DayZRP yet but from the videos I've seen I can pretty much tell a lot of people will be using an awful Russian accent. It's up to you really but if you're asking for my opinion. Use either your own or one that isn't over used.

Do what you want.

Now I can say that lots of folks are using morphvox to sound like they have a gas mask on... and well, they come off as hard to understand.

You can talk like you want....

Doesn't matter actually, just talk like your RP character is described.

If he is Russian you can better have the accent.

Guest TehGhstMan

Ok! Thanks guys! You're replies have actually helped! My back story was basicly, in a nutshell, I'm at a complete emotional breakdown. Do you guys have any ideas on how to act that kinda voice out. What I'm currently thinking is stuttering a lot. But would that get annoying?

Stuttering, shaky even. Like a voice breaking? Worn out and tired perhaps, or just plain miserable.

//I toyed with the idea of forming a morphine habit or addiction to painkillers. But found it difficult to put across. Just work at it I'm sure you will pull it off.

Guest TehGhstMan

That's some amazing ideas! Mind if I used them? I know it sounds stupid asking, but just want to make sure it's a okay with you! :D

Guest Boris Drakov

Just please no more MorphVox users, drives me nuts.

Guest TehGhstMan

Lol, I don't plan to use that :P

Just please no more MorphVox users, drives me nuts.

I agree, try to keep to an original voice.

Stuttering would be something a bit difficult to do, unless you stutter in real life, but would be pretty original in character.

Please for the love of god no more voice changers.

"Oh I'll use a gas mask and a voice changer, that will make me so edgy and cool!"

It really only makes a person impossible to understand and twice as loud. IMO stick to your normal voice and just use an accent.

I used my normal voice for the first couple of days but it sort of didn't feel right. I found myself slipping into being casual and even though I was talking how I talk, I just couldn't get into character and kept not really knowing how to react cos I guess I just felt like I was just me playing a game.

Then, just randomly, when I logged on I started talking in a kind of posh aristocratic accent (I'm British so pull it off ok I think) and everything I said just seemed to flow a lot better and it built my character. It's made it easier for people to remember me and makes RP interactions a lot more fun for me and I hope anyone I'm with. So yeah, try something out... Russian is a little overdone though, and all too often very unconvincing.

I'm playing an old Russian guy, I'm having to configure MorphVox to deepen my voice because trying to do old man voice, russian accent and deepen my voice to get the voice I want just isn't working well half the time.

It's not just your voice, but how you speak. The Shepherd is a great example, his way of speaking sets him apart rather than his voice itself.

Guest TehGhstMan

Never heard of The Sheperd lol. I think I plan on becoming broken down for a while then I'll get ma bro on and like we'll have a reunion and then I'll gradually get more and more well spoken. :D

Hi guys, I recently applied and can't work out what voice to do! :(

Like I mean should I use my real voice or should I put on a accent e.g Russian?

Or should I just use like morphVOX and change up my voice?

Need help :S

-Future message- Thanks for your replies

I would just try to think of an accent you do well, and talk to yourself with it for a good few minutes. If you can hold the accent in a conversation, then you should be fine, and not drop character. However, sometimes when we get into a hairy situation, and yelling starts, we make quick choices on what to say, and our actual voice comes out over the accent, so just choose wisely ;3

i just use my own voice. sometimes i imitate travelers. i ran into aziz last night on the air field, it was funny "Dont mind aziz, he is no danger to you. Aziz will just be on his way" he said my buddies were like "what did he just say?" so i copied him and they thought he doubled back and repeated himself. Aziz that is one cool accent...you sound like a cat person from skyrim! lol

Guest TehGhstMan

Basically my back story, brief backstory, is that I came from England to escape from being put Life in prison for killing my family who mocked me for years about my alcohol and painkiller addiction

My accent i do is a weird mixup of indian, bad russian and some other weird accent. And a bit of british.

Guest kelldog44

If you can do a good Russian accent then go for it, but if you do then you might only get accepted into some clans and you may open and also close so doors for you.

i just use my own voice. sometimes i imitate travelers. i ran into aziz last night on the air field, it was funny "Dont mind aziz, he is no danger to you. Aziz will just be on his way" he said my buddies were like "what did he just say?" so i copied him and they thought he doubled back and repeated himself. Aziz that is one cool accent...you sound like a cat person from skyrim! lol

Kahjit have a very middle eastern feel. I play a Turk, but NO idea what the accent sounded like. So I took to talking like Maik the Liar from skyrim.

Guest TehGhstMan

Lol. If you play Turk then make sure you role your R's if you know how to :P

Basically my back story, brief backstory, is that I came from England to escape from being put Life in prison for killing my family who mocked me for years about my alcohol and painkiller addiction

In that case I like the idea of a stutter or un-easiness in your voice. Basically, it all comes down to how much of a character you want to RP. People who use their standard, casual voice IC blend in and out of the background. The people you remember are often the people you can recognise through their voice and their individuality.

This community needs more recognisable people. The "My plane crash landed in Chernarus and now I'm looking for my [insert relative] and talking in a calm mono-tonal voice as if i'm relaxing on my sofa despite my harrowing situation" herd doesn't need another member.

I say go for it. The effort will pay off. Good RP is rewarded with good RP.