Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 10:02
Sign in to follow this  
TeZach

Initiations and Hostility!

I've seen lots of people complain they get shot when they initiate etc. and when they're asked about their initiation, it's something around the lines of "do that or I'll kill you". If you make a hostile initiation, be ready to receive a hostile reaction!

I've met like 7-8 people in game, not even one of them acted hostile against me after my initiation, just because I say "Hello!" and don't show any hostility. Remember, initiations and RP are two-sided.

But I might be lucky and bumped into friendly guys... Have you guys ever made a non-hostile initiation, and received a hostile reaction?

I see lots of people complaining about shitty RP when they get initiated on, when they themselves try to get out of it by killing the initiators.

For the most part, if I ever rob someone (rarely) I try to RP a bit beforehand so they might have some urge to RP a bit more afterwards, and not just yolo the situation.

I'm just curious to see if someone ever initiated in a friendly manner and the other guy acted as a douchebag IC :P

You don't initiate in a friendly manner. Initiating means you are willing to kill someone to get what you want, why would that ever be friendly?

Initiate: To do the first act; to perform the first rite; to take the initiative.

Initiation doesn't always mean hostility (that would be engagement, although people use "initiation" to describe it), although the term is used in that way in this game, I'm using the general meaning.