Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 03:11
Sign in to follow this  
Anubian

A message to all vehicle owners.

Exploring the map and finding tents and vehicles lying around is a fun aspect of DayzRp (Of course not the main aspect) as it can be an unexpected goldmine.

It is understandable to want to protect your vehicles and stashes to make it harder for explorers and thieves to take advantage of.

However, There is a fine line between protecting your vehicle in my opinion and being a dog about it. Shooting out a wheel or two makes it very hard for someone to steal your car, especially when you own more than one. Shooting out every single wheel, is a different matter entirely.

Firstly from the role-playing perspective who decides to take every wheel off their car before they want to sleep. It seems purely like an OOC I can hide 12 tires in a damn small stash no-one will ever find sort of thing.

Secondly it is a unfair move to everyone else. To try and find lets say in this case 20 tires to get the vehicles up and going. Most people would just leave them be.

Well let this be a lesson. If you act like a dog expect to be treated like a dog. I actually met an entirely new person following this lot of people and had fun role-playing us tailing a crew of people in a bus and a pedovan from a distance. However when we arrived our excitement was dulled so we decided to take it out on them. I hope you guys enjoy your walk. We would have only taken the Ural and left the other cars there for you if you had not forced our hand.

[video=youtube]

Also I found the fresh spawn ural you took back to your base and have claimed that too.

Guest Korvmannen

YES, destroy every single vehicle that people remove all the tires from.

Personally, I can see how its 'bad' that they decide to break the wheels,but neither is it very good roleplay just running through a forest looking for someones camps and vehicles just to steal it in one go without any kind of thinking about what's going to happen to the owner.

Oh my ...!

Let the vehicle destruction begin !

Guest Alpha

What's wrong with people removing tires from their vehicles? I don't see what's wrong with it. You don't want your car to be stolen so you take measures you think are needed to prevent it from getting stolen. It's not like people can lock their cars or anything like that? What else do you expect them to do? And then again, what's the point of blowing up he entire truck? Bit of a nasty move, isn't it? Ruining tons of gear for nothing apart from your personal satisfaction/retribution. From a roleplaying perspective, I think this was highly inappropriate.

What's wrong with people removing tires from their vehicles? I don't see what's wrong with it. You don't want your car to be stolen so you take measures you think are needed to prevent it from getting stolen. It's not like people can lock their cars or anything like that? What else do you expect them to do? And then again, what's the point of blowing up he entire truck? Bit of a nasty move, isn't it? Ruining tons of gear for nothing apart from your personal satisfaction/retribution. From a roleplaying perspective, I think this was highly inappropriate.

Exactly what I was thinking, The people doing it are Roleplaying less than the vehicle owners.

What's wrong with people removing tires from their vehicles? I don't see what's wrong with it. You don't want your car to be stolen so you take measures you think are needed to prevent it from getting stolen. It's not like people can lock their cars or anything like that? What else do you expect them to do?

If someone is diligent enough to find 4 new Car Wheels every time they play and pop the 4 old tires so the vehicle cant be easily moved, then it's a valid strategy and nothing wrong. Finding 4 new wheels each time is a hefty price to pay, so anyone that intent on preventing car theft should be rewarded.

If someone isn't feeling up to that amount of work, they could instead pop 1-3 tires and have to pay a lower price by hunting less tires. Again, no real issue. Higher risk for them since they're popping less tires, but that's ok since they're putting in less effort.

That's realistically not what happens though. People pop 4 wheels, use the glitch skin and never have to 'pay' anything. The vehicle is protected from theft for free, unless the thief also has the glitch skin. That's kinda shitty.

Guest Alpha

What's wrong with people removing tires from their vehicles? I don't see what's wrong with it. You don't want your car to be stolen so you take measures you think are needed to prevent it from getting stolen. It's not like people can lock their cars or anything like that? What else do you expect them to do?

If someone is diligent enough to find 4 new Car Wheels every time they play and pop the 4 old tires so the vehicle cant be easily moved, then it's a valid strategy and nothing wrong. Finding 4 new wheels each time is a hefty price to pay, so anyone that intent on preventing car theft should be rewarded.

If someone isn't feeling up to that amount of work, they could instead pop 1-3 tires and have to pay a lower price by hunting less tires. Again, no real issue. Higher risk for them since they're popping less tires, but that's ok since they're putting in less effort.

That's realistically not what happens though. People pop 4 wheels, use the glitch skin and never have to 'pay' anything. The vehicle is protected from theft for free, unless the thief also has the glitch skin. That's kinda shitty.

That's just a temporary issue that needs to be fixed, that's out of anyone's hands roleplay-wise, and that's considered plain abuse. That adds nothing to RP value at all but I believe this abuse is not what this video is about. I thought it was about about the sole fact that people shoot out the tires of their cars so they can't get stolen -- and I personally don't think anything's wrong with that.

That's just a temporary issue that needs to be fixed, that's out of anyone's hands roleplay-wise, and that's considered plain abuse. That adds nothing to RP value at all but I believe this abuse is not what this video is about. I thought it was about about the sole fact that people shoot out the tires of their cars so they can't get stolen -- and I personally don't think anything's wrong with that.

Review the 3rd paragraph of the OP. His issue is with players who pop all tires on the vehicle, compared to those who pop 1-ish tires. My point was that the players popping all 4 tires are almost invariably glitch skin abusers.

I agree the glitch skin is a temporary issue and abuse, but as long it it exists it is too closely linked to the 'pop tires' trend to separate.

The trend of players blowing up vehicles in this state (this post/video isn't the first I've seen of it) is just frustrated non-glitch abusers taking the easier way out. They have a choice when combating the players who abuse the glitch; spend hours hunting tires *or* try to get the vehicle on respawn.

Blowing up the vehicle can't be justified in a RP sense, anymore than using the glitch can. Both are wrong. But as long as you have the glitch skin, I'd expect to see the blown up vehicles as well.

Guest Alpha

Review the 3rd paragraph of the OP. His issue is with players who pop all tires on the vehicle, compared to those who pop 1-ish tires. My point was that the players popping all 4 tires are almost invariably glitch skin abusers.

I agree the glitch skin is a temporary issue and abuse, but as long it it exists it is too closely linked to the 'pop tires' trend to separate.

The trend of players blowing up vehicles in this state (this post/video isn't the first I've seen of it) is just frustrated non-glitch abusers taking the easier way out. They have a choice when combating the players who abuse the glitch; spend hours hunting tires *or* try to get the vehicle on respawn.

Blowing up the vehicle can't be justified in a RP sense, anymore than using the glitch can. Both are wrong. But as long as you have the glitch skin, I'd expect to see the blown up vehicles as well.

Agreed with you on that one

There is nearly no valid RP reason to drive a vehicle 3km from the nearest industrial area and pop every single tire on 5 vehicles. I am okay with them popping 1 or 2 tires as that can be justified but i scoured that area, I even used a ural to basicly knock over every tree trying to find their stashes with tires in them.

The only logical way for them to repair that is the use the glitch skin. Or they logged out with lets see, 2 landrovers, 1 pedovan, ural = 18 tires on their person. 18x6 = 108 inventory slots. Dat math.

It is not bad roleplay to destroy them it is easily justifiable.

You are so wrong mate:

Rp reason to destroy.

1) If i cant drive them, no-one should.

2) Denying enemies potential gear that can be used against me.

3) If it is un-drivable it has no point existing.

4) Frustration. I followed them for about 10-15 minutes with James until we found their camp and waited from them to sleep but were denied the right to steal.

And countless other reasons I can pull out of my bum.

Reasons to shoot out every tire.

1) I can glitch repair. (OOC knowledge)

2) Noone will look for 18 tires due to their spawn rates (OOC knowledge).

3) I legitimately have 18 tires hidden somewhere that are not duped.

One single valid RP reason that is very hard to consider legit.

I myself currently have 2 ATVs, 2 motorbikes, 2 pickup trucks and a UAZ hidden around the map for my clan to use. Only one of them has a single tire shot out.

Sorry man but i will keept doing this.

There are groups who dont have huge stashs or whatever. It just makes totalls sense, since there are no keys for the cars.

If i drive the car somewhere and go away then, i dont want that ever random guy who come across it can drive away with it. Of course, with this bugs, some guys can do it, but the most dont have 1 or 2 carwheels.

You had the full fight to steal everything, but if you want to steal cars, then you have to work for it.

I worked for the car too, i found one, i searched all the parts, repaired it and fueled it. If a random guy comes across my car then, he should have at least 2 car wheels to repair it. If he dont have some, he should leave it or look for some wheels. If it's not worth for him, i dont see the point why i should give him a fully repaired car.

Especially when you have lesser work to do then the guy who fixed the car.

And when your third rule applys for you... well i think you destroy every undriveble car everywhere instead of fixing it?

I worked for the car too, i found one, i searched all the parts, repaired it and fueled it. If a random guy comes across my car then, he should have at least 2 car wheels to repair it. If he dont have some, he should leave it or look for some wheels.

You are missing the point I said shooting out one or two wheels is fine. Its when EVERY SINGLE WHEEL has been removed is when it is not fine. I respect challenge, if each car only had a tire or two missing I would have repaired one and left the rest. Thats it, A challenge is honourable but every wheel is not a challenge its a joke.

well thats shit... sometimes, if i am pissed and find a car with 2 broken wheel, i just shoot out the other :D Not sure if this is a good idea if you hurt all these poor cars );

Guest WaltteriH

These guys propably had a stash somewhere nearby with 30 duped wheels inside.

GG

Good job.

I dunno whats worse, destroying fuel cans and leaving the car running or blowing it up entirely, both seem like a good idea to hoarders. IC/OOC/PO.

i personally think the OP is justified by his actions .... hell id probably do the same, but seriously why shoot all the tyres i think more of an RP way to do it is to let the fuel run dry and stash fuel cans maybe a tyre or two at the most ..... if you have a fuel can and find a car run dry then its fair game

it seems like a more logical way of doing it then to keep popping too many tyres than a guy is able to find just to get it going again

I think from an RP perspective it's very silly to pop all four tires or even to just remove all four tires, why would you waste your time with that, I'm sure zombies or maybe unfriendly people who come across you are going to wait while you pop all four tires on (Unless they were lying and said they were friendly and let you do the hard work.) But if you removed just 1/2 tires it'll be fine as it's quick to correct especially for yourself.

I think from a hoarding perspective it's very greedy >< to keep maybe 5 cars just to yourself. If it's a group of 20 people then 'okay' but at the same time meeeh =/

I think from an RP perspective it's very silly to pop all four tires or even to just remove all four tires, why would you waste your time with that, I'm sure zombies or maybe unfriendly people who come across you are going to wait while you pop all four tires on (Unless they were lying and said they were friendly and let you do the hard work.) But if you removed just 1/2 tires it'll be fine as it's quick to correct especially for yourself.

I think from a hoarding perspective it's very greedy >< to keep maybe 5 cars just to yourself. If it's a group of 20 people then 'okay' but at the same time meeeh =/

Exactly xD.

I am a hoarder too but i don't keep the best sticks of the tree to myself. I spread the sticks around and keep them intact as to be fair game to anyone. I also am a quartermaster of CLF, which means I collect them for clan use for lot of people. These guys had a 6 person pedovan and two landrovers. A 20 person bus and ural (rough numbers).

If it's for a clan then okay, I don't know numbers of clans average but there's maybe lets say 25 people then what you've got is fine, I take it that when people aren't online, either something is taken off (Wheel or fuel) and maybe one of the smaller vehicles are hidden so if some get stolen you can at least still have one?