Server time (UTC): 2019-07-20, 12:33
Sign in to follow this  
TyRotten

Fishing?

Do you think introducing fishing would be a good idea?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Has the concept of being able to find fishing rods (as a tool) and being able to fish for food ever been suggested?

Just a passing thought!

Guest Zem

i've seen this feature implemented in Dayz Epoch, would be a cool feature if you could gain the rights to use it or develop something similar.

Guest itskarlumad

I used the fishing mod in dayz patch 1.8 beta and it is great. its about patience and a good way to regenerate hunger and blood.

Problem is where to find them in game?

shop?

at a harbor inside a box like medical supplies?

In my opinion I think it would make sense for them to be in stores (brand new rods that never got bought), in fishing boats (and even the wooden boats along the shoreline that are unusable)

and/or even residential or commercial buildings that are near the docks or beach such as Elektro, Cherno and Berezino...

Guest trevorpfc

Fishing seems like it would be pretty cool....if this is added I could role play as a really cheesy seamen :)

I have wanted fishing since I was in BSP. +15

I'm sure we could find some in these "Supermarkets" in IRL Chernarus. It's mostly a farming area. With a pretty big river, so fishing should be common I suppose :).

I do love the idea. But do you have to be in a boat ? Or can we fish on ponds and lakes and at the shore ?

Well IRL in the area I live in fishing is most commonly done off rocks/beaches...

So, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to fish from the shore AND ponds/lakes.

Hm.

The ponds are way too small, I'd understand the lake near Blunt Rocks (Forgot the name) but not the tiny ponds.

Well, yeah agreed some are.

But something like the pond/lake at prud seems of decent size.

Also Black lake and lake near Vybor.

Guest Superant

fishing would be awesome, especially coming accross someone just randomly fishing.

The ponds are way too small, I'd understand the lake near Blunt Rocks (Forgot the name) but not the tiny ponds.

You're thinking of Black Lake.

There are a few large bodies of water far north that would work well.

Sounds cool, and is a new fun way of getting food.

Would give a nice feel to the surival aspect aswell, that you would have to just sit out in the wild at a pond, fishing for some food.

+1 :)

if you can get packs and even weapons in a supermarket, they should spawn there since obviously its a sporting goods store

+1

I think DayZRP could learn a lot and gain a lot from mods like City Life 2 RPG, which already includes a great dynamic fishing, gathering, planting, and growing system (albeit mostly crime/cop based).