Server time (UTC): 2019-10-15, 15:03
Sign in to follow this  
Ethanorg

Throwing items at people, hostile action?

Say Guy A, and Guy B are getting into a heated argument and Guy A throws a Tin can, or a bottle at guy b, is this a hostile action? It is possible to hurt people, and possibly kill people with them?

Thoughts?

Well aimed bottle will kill someone, so shouldn't be thrown at anyone without rights. Throwing a Can at someone seems hostile, what reason would they have to throw a can at someone?

Guest Alfie

There's a very good chance I'd shoot someone if they threw a tin can at me on purpose, not because I'm trigger happy. But because I heard it can kill you (but they are just rumors), and is extremely annoying.

You lose blood when tin can hits you, so I would say that it is possible to kill someone with those. Therefore it sure is hostile action imo.

There's a very good chance I'd shoot someone if they threw a tin can at me on purpose, not because I'm trigger happy. But because I heard it can kill you (but they are just rumors), and is extremely annoying.

Bottles definitely kill, We used to use them to kill stuck zombies.

Guest Alpha

Yeah man I'd definitely not take it lightly when someone does that. Imagine a random person irl throwing a bottle at you lol I don't think you'd be particularly happy :D

Cans can also break your legs (I've done it before :P), so definitely a hostile action!

Well, imagine real life if your were arguing with someone and he threw a bottle at your face :D

It can break legs, lose blood, stun, deafen and even kill. If someone throws one at you, it's definitely hostile. Something that can potentially kill you is not to be taken lightly.

Guest Icy

Tin cans can even destroy buildings in ArmA. I'd say it's hostile, I'd shoot someone for throwing a can at me if it hits me

Sometimes people just deserve a empty whiskey bottle to the face. :D

Anyway, perhaps it could be seen as a hostile action, but I see no reason to just turn around and headshot the guy. May aswell have some RP involved.

Otherwise it looks more to be a easy way of being allowed to just shoot someone.

If that happened to you IRL, you would likely become hostile towards the bottle thrower....I know I would. Same deal in RP...someone thows an empty whiskey bottle at you, they're not doing it to try making you become their buddy! Their thought is to hurt you, so retaliation is a definite!

Anyway, perhaps it could be seen as a hostile action, but I see no reason to just turn around and headshot the guy. May aswell have some RP involved.

Otherwise it looks more to be a easy way of being allowed to just shoot someone.

I agree, Chloroform solves the problem in the end tootrollface_small.png

But today's event made me wonder about it.

This.

Throwing a bottle is a good way to enhance the tension during an RPed argument.

I would likely take great offense to it and RP it out... I definitely wouldn't go all trigger happy though.

Guest trevorpfc

Yeah I agree with everyone else...throw a can/bottle at me and your dead.

yes id consider it a hostile action. I wouldnt go trigger happy. maybe a warning shot. And enough cans can blow up a car. If this is possible it can definitely kill someone

Wholly agree with the above, it's definitely hostile, it's more than likely not worth shooting a man for. It also makes for very interesting RP. I actually saw this play out at Ravens Nest the other night.

IRL, in the right circumstances, a bottle can meet the criteria for a deadly weapons, but after thrown, it is no longer considered as such, since it's out of the suspects hands. In game, it'll break, so it's out of play.

A tin can is hardly a deadly weapon. If you shot a man for throwing a can at you, you likely be charged and convicted. The force used must be appropriate to the action committed. :-)

If you're going to risk killing me by throwing a tin can or bottle I'm going to respond with a hail of PKM fire.

I really wouldn't mind if there wasn't any chance of me being killed, I'd just take offense then go from there; but when you're putting my life at risk I'll only respond violently.

Not a good idea. So it's realistic that you would kill someone because they threw a small object at you?

Why are you standing close to someone throwing objects at you in the first place?

Not a good idea. So it's realistic that you would kill someone because they threw a small object at you?

It's realistic that I might kill someone for putting my life at risk, which throwing bottles and tin cans does. If it was harmless I'd see no harm in it, but in DayZ it clearly isn't.

Why are you standing close to someone throwing objects at you in the first place?

Maybe the guy walked up and threw it at me? It really isn't hard to walk up behind or even in front of someone and start tossing items at them.

So what's the next. We report people who throw tincans for a attempt KoS without initiation?

If someone throw a bottle at you, you can use it as a roleplay reason to initiatie on them, or become hostile towards them. Do NOT spray them down.

To all of you who have said "If someone ever do it to me they are dead" well then you probably have a report on your ass because you're suppose to warn him to stop, or initiate on him before you can shoot. A simple tincan is not enough for you to go psycopath - this is a roleplay server.

If someone threw a tincan at you in real life after an arguement, would you just kill him? Or would you use this as a reason for; "Don't ever throw shit at me, drop your weapons now or I will shoot you"

Same goes with smoke grenades, expect they can destroy a building.

Don't throw cans at people guys.

They Kill.

Save em' for those meatbag zombies!

Guest Malcolm

Would this be taken as RDM (Random Deathmatching) if it dealt damage then?

So what's the next. We report people who throw tincans for a attempt KoS without initiation?

If someone throw a bottle at you, you can use it as a roleplay reason to initiatie on them, or become hostile towards them. Do NOT spray them down.

To all of you who have said "If someone ever do it to me they are dead" well then you probably have a report on your ass because you're suppose to warn him to stop, or initiate on him before you can shoot. A simple tincan is not enough for you to go psycopath - this is a roleplay server.

If someone threw a tincan at you in real life after an arguement, would you just kill him? Or would you use this as a reason for; "Don't ever throw shit at me, drop your weapons now or I will shoot you"

I agree :). It may be kinda hostile, but not worthy of spraying down the thrower, if anything it could stem some good RP.