Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 19:16
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 1 hour, 43 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WaltteriH

Firestation Window

What do you think about the firestation ladder thingy?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest trevorpfc

I agree, it should be allowed. If you BELIEVE hard enough its okay and seems very...logical ;)

Still a game, regardless to RP and realism zombies don't act real imo, it is ok to stuff like this or hiding in a bush to avoid them.

This has been discussed before and a GM said it's an exploit and you shouldn't do it.

This has been discussed before and a GM said it's an exploit and you shouldn't do it.

But as he said it relates to common sense, true, but if that's the reason why it is not allowed, why do zombies teleport from nowhere, and run around like crazy. Arma II is buggy and giving a player a way to counter it in my opinion is not abusing the game.

It's like when you die from a glitch and you break the NLR rule to go back to your body, same thing only in smaller scale.

Beside the point of the game is to have fun, and if only 15% don't think it should be allowed, i don't see how it compares to the rest who do.

Just as you don't sit in a tree trunk hiding half of your body, you don't teleport through a wall.

Exploits should be kept on public servers. Not here.

The zombies coding has nothing to do with the ladder exploit.

If you're in a firefight and are stupid enough to go up the tower, you fucking stay in the tower. Same thing if you're being robbed or robbing someone. Only option of escape is going downstairs. Not using the ladder at all.

If you're alone however and zombies are chasing you I don't see the problem of using the ladder and RP'ing that you climbed through the window.

However if you're in a firefight AND Zombies are walking up the stairs, you just gone and fucked up now haven't you? In that case the ladder glitch should not be acceptable.

If there was an option saying 'Crawl out window' I would be okay with it. :)

But this is a glitch that allows you to get a selection option through a wall.

Comparing it to running back to your body after dying, or comparing it to zombies being glitchy is extremely random and weird, not even sure where you got that from.

If there was an option saying 'Crawl out window' I would be okay with it. :)

But this is a glitch that allows you to get a selection option through a wall.

Comparing it to running back to your body after dying, or comparing it to zombies being glitchy is extremely random and weird, not even sure where you got that from.

im comparing both in the sense that both are caused by an unreal event, the zombies AI is not real therefore behaving like a real person when running from a zombie is not that smart, if i climb the ladder and a zombie spawns in the firestation and he is climbing up the stairs, i should be able to counter it by using that "glitch" which may also have a rp reason behind it.

Bearing in mind the window frame is too small to fit through.

maxresdefault.jpg

You tell me, the window on right and its middle mansize frame/square is opened, you tell me I cant step/fit out of it sideways?

Beside, it's a game, bending a not so accurate rule because most of the people in the mod want it to be like that, is not going to effect the rp experience at all, and even if you would say it's the animation which matters, most of the arma ones are not so real or imerssive.

It's something that's not meant to be in the game, an error of it's design. Teleporting through a wall?

It's ridiculous to argue that you could somehow squeeze through a vertical gap in the middle of the window. That's like saying that you can glitch into trees because IRL you could cut out a wedge in the tree. Or that you can places tents underwater because you could hide items there IRL. Absolutely absurd.

It's conscious abuse of a glitch and anyone caught doing it will be punished, period.

I cant understand how guys can compare climbing trough a windows without glass (and you could even climb trough the little frames, even if its really tight and would take longer IRL) with stuff like glitching in building, trees, rocks ect.

To say you cutted of a wedge of the tree, but so that it doenst collapse, and that in 4 seconds is nonsense. In contrast to thats, it wouldnt be hard to step out of the windows trough the big frame.

As long as it's always roleplayed via an emote in chat (i.e. *John Smith breaks the window using the butt of his M4A1 and clears the glass out. He then throws his backpack through it and climbs out right after it*) in a way that is displayed to other players in the vicinity I would consider it actually very smart and very creative rather than an exploit.

Just like if someone realistically spends an hour roleplaying making a wedge inside a tree for whatever reason, I'm perfectly fine with that as long as it doesn't make them invulnerable completely (I am not sure what the exploit is but I assume it's just being prone in front of a tree). As I said, it should just be properly roleplayed out and then it should be fine.

Officially, it counts as an exploit and is punishable.

Personally, I don't mind if people are escaping zombies, etc. But it can give an unfair advantage in PvP, if the other people you are fighting are unaware of that glitch.

This is the correct answer.

Like I said, this rule is there to prevent PvP exploiting. I honestly couldn't be chuffed either way if people are doing it by themselves to escape zombies, but be aware that if another player sees you doing it, reports it, and has video evidence, that it is punishable.

do we really need more rules on this server?

Already is a rule, covered under the "do not use exploits" rule :D

Let me try to explain this sitation with the utmost respect possible.

so where is it saying it is a exploit? and how do you know it is officaly a exploit? i would like to see some solid proof pref by a offical dayz staff member.

even if this was irl,if i was in pvp combat with a person or was getting pinned down by a zombie i would escape by smashing that window and taking that ladder.

i say this is a clever use of a game mechanics. i mean. Let me give you a other example. And you guys are not going to like it.

let us talk about 3rd person viewing. When i am behind a wall i can't look infront of that wall because i am standing infront of a wall.

Ingame you can because the game is build that way. So what is next, we are changing the game so we can only see it first person view.

You can not make everything perfect and realistic because in the end of the day you are playing a mod and a game.

Officially, it counts as an exploit and is punishable.

Personally, I don't mind if people are escaping zombies, etc. But it can give an unfair advantage in PvP, if the other people you are fighting are unaware of that glitch.

This is the correct answer.

Like I said, this rule is there to prevent PvP exploiting. I honestly couldn't be chuffed either way if people are doing it by themselves to escape zombies, but be aware that if another player sees you doing it, reports it, and has video evidence, that it is punishable.

This is the correct answer, The Extended Remix.

tl;dr - Don't do it.

appendix - What is and is not an exploit is determined by Rolle and server staff. The firestation ladder exploit is an exploit. I don't necessarily agree but I don't much care and respect the rule because I play here and I like playing here and I'd like to continue playing here. Putting tents underwater, or inside rocks or buildings are also exploits. Don't do these things and expect to remain a respected member of the community.