Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 11:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WaltteriH

Firestation Window

What do you think about the firestation ladder thingy?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest WaltteriH

So, I have seen people say that you can RP climbing through it while others draw OMGWTFEXPLOIT- card.

Discuss.

nu69.png

I think it is perfectly fine as i believe the fire station window is open, if not it looks like it can be opened, and big enough for someone to fit through. But good point.

Guest WaltteriH

Just jump through, window frames will break.

I believe that (IRL) if you were stuck on that floor with a horde of zombies following you up the stairs you would try and fit through that window because the only other option is death.

I believe that (IRL) if you were stuck on that floor with a horde of zombies following you up the stairs you would try and fit through that window because the only other option is death.

This I don't think it is aboose at all personally. Walking slowly off the side of the roof to get down without using the ladder is understandably abusing game mechanics. (I do this is normal DayZ all the time.) If I was stuck up there I would find a way through that damn window.

This I don't think it is aboose at all personally. Walking slowly off the side of the roof to get down without using the ladder is understandably abusing game mechanics. (I do this is normal DayZ all the time.) If I was stuck up there I would find a way through that damn window.

I don't see anything wrong with falling onto the shed thing then down to the ground.

I don't always shoot my way out. But when I do... I use a Lee Enfield.

I will mix it up, if I'm scared and desperate I will crawl through, other times I will fight.

no I think it's fine I once got pushed out a wall by zeds luckily there was a window there so I just rped i got pushed through the window which was a lucky escape for me and the guys I was with didn't disagree. But err that was when a kos happened so he was probably dead if he would've complained...

This. I don't think it is aboose at all personally. Walking slowly off the side of the roof to get down without using the ladder is understandably abusing game mechanics. (I do this is normal DayZ all the time.) If I was stuck up there I would find a way through that damn window.

One could RP that they are climbing down the side of the building, hence why they are walking slowly. Which is what the majority of the community are saying about the ladder glitch in the Firestation... they are RPing that they are climbing out an incredibly small window with broken glass everywhere. If it was a possible mechanic in the game that allowed you to vault or climb out a window then fair enough, RP away that you cleared the debris of glass or broken the frame before going through, but warping through a wall when everyone knows that it is a glitch in the game, nah, there's no RP there.

I posted a discussion about this a couple of months ago, granted it seemed to have dropped off the forums rather quickly. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-ladder-glitch-in-firestations

Personally, I can't see how you can RP squeezing through such a small window unscathed when it is a blatant abuse of the game mechanics, even you yourself know it is but you think it's justified simply by saying you "roleplayed it". If you weren't so careless in the first place by running through a zombie infested town you wouldn't have the problem of being trapped up there in that tower, if anything you could RP a final standoff up there as it was your fault for attracting such a horde.

If you're lucky a passerby may hear your screams or profanity whilst using what little ammo you have left to defend yourself.

Officially, it counts as an exploit and is punishable.

Personally, I don't mind if people are escaping zombies, etc. But it can give an unfair advantage in PvP, if the other people you are fighting are unaware of that glitch.

This is the correct answer.

Guest Wookiebookie

This is the correct answer.

Nice to know. Now i would like to know what "This" is.

We can't justify a rule because "it could happen IRL", IRL I could kill anyone I want and not be removed from the planet. This isn't Real Life though.

It's a game glitch abuse and should not be tolerated. If you find an RP excuse to abuse this bug, then I might as well use the hospital roof glitch when taking fire and give an excuse around these lines: "What? There's a door there, so I RP-ed of going through it!".

Guest Wookiebookie

Why don't we all agree that is alright to use if it isn't abused for PvP or to avoid player interaction?

TBH, i never had a problem with people who do that, i personally dont do it, mainly because i nerver go on the roof of the firestation.

But if you look at the windows of the tower... seems legit that you can get out of there, i dont really think its exploiting. And i dont see where the Problem is. You are climbing out of the windows and are one the roof instead of going out nd climb on it. Maybe because there are zombies?

Or you want to escape? Legit RP-reasons for me. And this is a plausible bug in my opinion, its not like you are in a building/wall, invis or invulnerable

TeZach, i am not 100% sure about which glitch you are talking, but i dont think you can compare it.

TeZach, i am not 100% sure about which glitch you are talking, but i dont think you can compare it.

It's an easy replicable glitch, which you can use to avoid fire and get the jump on someone. He can't shoot you, but you can, won't go into detail as it's not legal explaining abusable glitches.

Guest WinslowBarington

It's just someone climbing out of the window, grabbing the ladder and getting up/down.

No glitch if you ask me.

Only to be used in PvE not PvP, I'd say... Unless extremely well role-played and agreed upon by both parties.