Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 13:49
Sign in to follow this  
PCJames

Lack of Clan Quality

Recently I have seen many clans with

the same story: "We are ex soldiers trapped here ....... We are here to find the cure...... We are here to help people. It just seems all these new clan have the same story and the same goals.

So make a better one?

Nice answer dicey

Point of this thread?

Agreed +1

Guest Jesse Goodman

We are a bunch of banana eaters here to rip zombies dicks off?

Well considering every military command has been somewhat overrun, soldiers being trapped in the country may be unoriginal, but it ticks all the RP boxes. Unless its a country not well know for its military I'm fine with it, (inB4 Nicaraguan Special Forces)

If I had an ex-soldier character a long term goal of mine would be to make my back home, once I am able to keep myself alive. A lot of people want longer term characters though and keeping them in Chernarus is the only way to do that... Until Panthera ;)

tl;dr You're lazy.

That's always been the case and always will be. People lack imagination and the game mechanics don't really support anything more than what the clans all ready are.

The thing is that each clan that is created eventually want's to be the biggest and baddest there is. Not all but most of them. So in order to achieve that they have two options, either to come up with an excellent idea that differs from all the others in so many ways that it will eventually alienate the majority of players who use a generic backstory or they can use the ideas that that most of the other clans have used and just mold it to fit them and make it a bit different while attracting the generic background majority.

So it's just the easy way out as people don't want to RP civilians.

Guest Alpha

Yeah man I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the creation of this thread's not particularly contributing anything to the general quality of clans on DayZRP. It is and will always be a matter of opinion and as aforementioned why not accept the challenge and create a clan that stands out of all the others if you think all the others are too stereo typical? :)

Eitherway I'm closing the thread because not only it was discussed several times before, but it also invites unnecessary arguments/potential flame wars.