Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 22:32
Sign in to follow this  
Frozh

Robberies/Initiations

Hey guys, this question has seriously being bugging me and I am unsure what to do if I see someone robbing a survivor.

Does that give me KoS rights agaisnt the robber ? Or must the robber show mr hostile actions for me to have KoS on him ?

You can stop the robbery yes, but I don't think you can just shoot them I think you need to intiate unless you are with said survivor

You can stop the robbery yes, but I don't think you can just shoot them I think you need to intiate unless you are with said survivor

Alright thanks.

You can initiate on the robber ,but you don't have KoS rights,unless you were to meet with the survivor and he would ask for help.

What about murders ?

I witnessed a FM get killed yesterday at their camp.

I noticed something was going wrong earlier, so I ran for the hills with a mate to watch out.

Now, I misfired at one point so the murderers took that as hostile action and started shooting at us (we than spoke on TS and arranged the problem, I suppose they thought I tried to kill without initiation, wich I completely understand).

Now what I was wondering is: at that distance I could have had a clear shot on them with my rifle. I might have managed to even save that medic (3 people, I would have managed getting 2 at least).

I didn't of course, not sure of the rules. If you witness a murder at a distance, even then you are not allowed to take action ? You must let yourself know first ?

Cheers

I'm pretty sure if you see a robbery going down you can shoot the guy who is robbing the survivor.

You just need to be 100% it is the right guy.

From distance, you can't really know what is actually going on. There can be some RP going on what is agreed by both sides, and some outsider interfering in that from distance can ruin that from those people.

So for situations like that you need to be 100% sure you know what is happening, and in most cases I would say that it is best to not get involved if they are completely strangers for you.

You need to have good RP reason to do it otherwise it would be weird, for example, CLF seeing NRF being robbed, we wouldn't help.

What about if NRF were robbing people?

I certainly hope that some schmuck wandering up to me robbing someone else, takes the time to properly initiate before my head is completely blown off. It would suck mainly because, I'd be doing a good and proper RP with the victim. To be having a good time and then BOOM, dead... would kinda suck.

You don't have to initiate if you see a robbery and are sure that is what it is.. Here is 1 of my fave vids I have seen that illustrates this. Archer Waters of the R.S.M and Allison Suzuki come upon a robbery and act on what they see.

[video=youtube]

Just be sure of what you are seeing before you engage as it is risky