Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Fitspulter

A problem That I see....

Fitspulter    0

One of the biggest problems I see so far is that there is no way to ID someone else without getting them to type something in the chat.

I don't know if there is some way to do that without turning on the name plates cause that doesn't solve the problem at all.

Is there a way to make it so when someone talks on the VON it shows who's talking?

I can't think if any other ways! I've been robbed before because people said they were friendly and as soon as I turn my back they rob me.. Or someone does rob you how can you ID them so you can get some revenge.

I know people can't be force to wear a certain skin or anything like that.. Just maybe we need an easy way to ID someone..

Guest Very Ape   
Guest Very Ape

One of the biggest problems I see so far is that there is no way to ID someone else without getting them to type something in the chat.

I don't know if there is some way to do that without turning on the name plates cause that doesn't solve the problem at all.

Is there a way to make it so when someone talks on the VON it shows who's talking?

I can't think if any other ways! I've been robbed before because people said they were friendly and as soon as I turn my back they rob me.. Or someone does rob you how can you ID them so you can get some revenge.

I know people can't be force to wear a certain skin or anything like that.. Just maybe we need an easy way to ID someone..

I think it fits well into the role-playing thematic of the server. I could be a good guy to my friends, but moonlight as a bandit, my identity a secret until someone gets the jump on me. Not that I've ever done that, of course. xD

Having to have the player identify himself adds a whole new dimension to player encounters, I find. I could be the most notorious bandit and survivors wouldn't know the difference-- why would they, if they've never encountered me before? If I'd wronged them before, I'm sure they'd recognize my voice.

Osaka    22

I don't really care for "ID's"

All I care for is, "friendly or not friendly"

If I happen to get you to tag along in my travels, we can drop the formals, and start with ranks and serial numbers.

But I'm a hermit, I rarely travel with people.

I don't care about names.

Blizzard    0

yes there is a way to show who talks in direct and general chat but is locked with the difficulty. but it could be changed to work

Osaka    22

I think it adds realism to the game.

If you talk to a stranger on the street, you don't automatically give away your ID.

I think it's cool, and adds to the element of RP.

Sonnyy    0

I like the idea with shown names for talking peoples !

If its possible to change that.. We should vote about it !!

Fitspulter    0

With no rules at all then it doesn't matter who is who... but we have rules in place and they need to be enforced. So how can you get kill someone who robbed you when you have no way to ID them cause everyone looks the same.

In the real world we'd be able to see them and know what they look like and then you could find them again because of their features. Some how maybe that should be added to the servers so that you can ID them.

As I said I don't want the name tags to be on because that's just stupid. But seeing whos talking on the VON might help? If you know some people are bandits and will rob you if they see you.. and you hear them talking you can run away...

All just ideas.. you know.

DeadEye    0

I too like the idea of showing the name of people when then talk on VON. It's already there when people type in the chat box so why not on VON?

Clintbet    0

I too like the idea of showing the name of people when then talk on VON. It's already there when people type in the chat box so why not on VON?

Exactly!

Guest Vulcan   
Guest Vulcan

I'm not sure if this is such a good idea. In one of my videos recently there's a good example of this. It was very tense and a group of guys with a couple of vehicles asked me to ID. When I worked out what they were asking I realised I didn't have much of a choice. Luckily, my name meant nothing so I went on my way and so did they after asking them for a lift which was too good to be true.

What I'm saying is, that encounter wouldn't have been half as tense or exciting had they just get my name from me talking.

Fitspulter    0

I totally get the whole "keep it real" aspect that people are looking for. Nut "if" this were real life everyone wouldn't be wearing brown pants, dark shirt and wearing a ball cap. I know there are other shins but those are limited also. About the only thing that you can change is your face but that really doesn't reflect who you are.

So in real life we'd all be wearing different stuff and we all look different. So a group of people in a car see someone and they stop that person... they know right away weather its someone they are looking for. They wouldn't have to wait for that person to "type" something.

Also you might know their voice.. and I know that there is the VON so you can hear them. But their voice won't always sound the same due to compression or modulation..

It also makes people who are "Robbing" others be a little more careful. As soon as the robbery starts both parties would know right away who each other are. Makes it easier for the Mods because a name would go with a KOS on a robbery and they would have an easier time searching the logs. Also you'd know who you can go after so the "I was robbed and though I found the guy and killed him" accidents happen a lot less.

It would also allow someone know who they can trust and who they can't. Which you would be able to do in the real world if you know who you were dealing with.

So I can't see a down side to knowing who you are interacting with.. It'd help bring this community closer together and making interacting over the VON a lot better!