Server time (UTC): 2019-10-15, 15:01
Sign in to follow this  
Abshire

The Wreck of the USS Minneapolis

//OOC this is a play on the real story of the USS Indianapolis, that went down in 1945, this is my version for my character, who plays a survivor of that ship.

*On the deck, 3 empty whiskey bottles toss around, as Quint staggers around to get his footing. It was not the sea that was doing him in, but rather the whiskey in his system. He staggers off the ship and builds a fire, around the fire sits Mace, Sweet Joe, and Ranger...he leans in.. and points out to a nearby island where you could see part of a ship sticking out of the water...*

Most of the crew came down with the sickness a week after we left Utes. It was comin' back, from the island, just delivered a shipment. The Patient Zero shipment. We tried to contain the sick that were now undead but a fire broke out and we ran aground near this island here. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first zombie for about a half an hour.A biter, must have been quite hungry. You know how you know that when you're in the water, chief? You tell by lookin' at their teeth…gnashing. What we didn't know... was our shipment mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Huh huh. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The zombies come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like ol' squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the zombie comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the zombie would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that zombie, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a zombie, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces.

Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many zombies, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Jed Bridger from Montana . Football player, boson's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well... he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, a little bird chopper flew over, he swung in low and he saw us. He's a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Mace, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat Fishing boat comes down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the zombies took the rest, June the 29, 2012. Anyway, we delivered the shipment.

//OOC for full immersion play this song while reading http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwTFggQ850

//I have A LOT more Sea Stories, Ghost Stories that I will be sharing IN GAME mostly...but I thought I would give you all a taste here, and a good laugh (For those of you who get it) and to give you an idea of the kind of role playing I plan on doing from now on. So keep an eye out for me in Server 2 if you want to hear these stories!

Sign in to follow this