Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 03:12
Sign in to follow this  
Traveller

Clan Idea - Gang of Thieves

So I'm bopping around North East Chernarus, and I have a sort of lightbulb go off in my head.

Why isn't there a clan that identify themselves more as Thieves, as opposed to banditry. Highwaymen if you prefer. Always seeking to merely gain without violence, but using it only if needed.

I was thinking that maybe calling it "The 40 Thieves" or something along those lines.

Would that interest anyone?

I think there was a clan called Crooks not to long ago who had ideas similar to this. None the less, it would be a nice idea with the right people RPing the idea. Would definitely like to see this done right.

If a gang could rob people without the usual "DROP UR SHIT OR DIE NO" attitude, I think it would be great.

If I were to ever go bandit, it wouldn't be robberies. It would be something more and different.

If I were to do something like this, I'd often plan heists or the like. Keep things unique. Give my Thieves things to specifically find.

Potentially we could act as fences or a sort of black market. People looking for something specific could make a verbal contract.

I am a diehard RP'er, and many of the bandit groups in sim don't seem to RP that much other than just scream at you to drop your stuff or you'll be killed.

It's just plain rude. Let's have some civility.

If I were to do something like this, I'd often plan heists or the like. Keep things unique. Give my Thieves things to specifically find.

Potentially we could act as fences or a sort of black market. People looking for something specific could make a verbal contract.

I am a diehard RP'er, and many of the bandit groups in sim don't seem to RP that much other than just scream at you to drop your stuff or you'll be killed.

I actually like this idea a lot bunch more than the other bandit stuff

Id like to see how this plans out and wish you the best of luck.

Problem is I'm so new I don't know very many people.

Also, if I were to do this I'd rather use a different identity. Am I able to change just the in game name and not get in trouble for it?

I've got some donation skins that I'd very much like to keep.

Yeah, you can change your ingame name any time you like. You won't get in trouble. Just make sure your new character falls within all the rules. You won't lose your skins, either. Don't worry!

Problem is I'm so new I don't know very many people.

Also, if I were to do this I'd rather use a different identity. Am I able to change just the in game name and not get in trouble for it?

I've got some donation skins that I'd very much like to keep.

Yeah, There is no limit to the amount of times you can change your name in game as long as you're not doing it to avoid KOS rights.

Example. You rob someone, then change name afterwards. Said person is then looking for you under the name 'John' but because you have changed they will never find you. You must wait the 6 hour time period for the KOS rights to disappear to change to make sure you aren't reportable for dodging KOS rights intentionally.

You know how to change your name via the Player Options menu in game?

I would be very interested in this idea. I've just returned to DayZRP after a long hiatus and finally feel as if I am ready to join a group.

Yeah. Just wasn't sure! xD

I think I'm gonna give this a shot. I'll need a lil' help in a few areas but I'll address them in the appropriate threads.

Sounds like a great idea!

It would only be really effective if the RP factor was done right though.

All and all I think it would add a new element to the game play.

Also if this actually does turn into a reality I would seriously think about joining!

That's cool. I admire people that seek answers before they make fools of themselves.

Feel free to PM me any time and Ill try and answer questions as best as I can. Or you could always PM one of the real staff members.

Nice.

The Forty Thieves are a small grouping of like minded outlaws with a strict code of ethics. They are not murderers. They are thieves of honor. Murder is a means to an end, not the ultimate solution. All members of the 40 Theives must follow the Thieve's Creed

This sentence alone makes me smile. I think there are too many executions going around. I'd like people to better think punishments and make something new. I'm genuinely excited to see what becomes of this and if you can do it correctly.

GAH!!! THE PRESSURE!!!

Kidding.

Thanks for the interest.

I'm going to be creative for punishments for those who go against our wishes.

GAH!!! THE PRESSURE!!!

Kidding.

Thanks for the interest.

I'm going to be creative for punishments for those who go against our wishes.

We'll I'm not happy there is another Bandit clan but from an OOC standpoint, you have my full support :) No pressure when I said "if you can do it correctly." I've seen so many clans come and go within a short time, its quite easy to fall into bad habits.

If you are in the business of contract work, watch out for us. We don't take to kindly to those who steal our business if you know what I mean.

I ran afoul of a RSM who was running with some IRA gents [and lady] last night.

They made it clear. However, we will not be intimidated by such honorless, and might I say, barbaric tactics as he and those IRA folks showed.