Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 20:55 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
ONGOING | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 4 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Meister

Question regarding KoS.

If a friend and I are traveling together and a group or single player tell me to drop my gun or they'll shoot but haven't seen my friend is he aloud to shoot? They've declared hostile actions towards me so I always wondered. Or would he/I have to state that he is hidden and will shoot?

If he is to be hostile and my friend can shoot, it saves my life. However, if I am to tell him that I have a friend hidden he could kill me and try to run off or try to kill my friend.

Guest Alpha

Yes, if your friend would be in a suitable position, your friend may attempt to save you by taking out the people whom initiated on you. Your friend is an eye witness of the event and considering you two are related, your friend will definitely have KoS rights on them.

For the sake of realism and your friend's and your safety however, might this ever happen to you I advise your friend to observe the environment thoroughly to make sure the robbers have no additional backup watching before your friend would even consider taking out the robbers, else this retaliation attempt probably won't be more than just an attempt.

You do not need to state that you are alone and if they ask you, you have every opportunity to be false. However, if they take away your radio then you will be unable to communicate to your buddy.

Your buddy should be able to react to protect you if you are given rights against the aggressor. Remember though, that if you are not alone, it is unlikely that your robber will be either.

Guest Alpha

You do not need to state that you are alone and if they ask you, you have every opportunity to be false. However, if they take away your radio then you will be unable to communicate to your buddy.

Your buddy should be able to react to protect you if you are given rights against the aggressor. Remember though, that if you are not alone, it is unlikely that your robber will be either.

Even if they destroy his radio and his friend sees him getting robbed but the robbers didn't notice his friend yet, the friend may take action against them

Yes, if your friend would be in a suitable position, your friend may attempt to save you by taking out the people whom initiated on you. Your friend is an eye witness of the event and considering you two are related, your friend will definitely have KoS rights on them.

For the sake of realism and your friend's and your safety however, might this ever happen to you I advise your friend to observe the environment thoroughly to make sure the robbers have no additional backup watching before your friend would even consider taking out the robbers, else this retaliation attempt probably won't be more than just an attempt.

This is a good point. If I was to comply and drop my weapon while my friend observed the situation to find in there and there were _ many people robbing me. He be able to try to kill them if he was to make a judgment call and think he could kill them?

Yeh he can. Even if he didn't know you he could kill the robber if he was absolutely sure you were being robbed.

Does this mean if I were to be traveling and witness someone getting robbed I could kill the robbers to free the hostage? Say if I could here them speaking or if it was clear they were robbing him?

Guest Alpha

This is a good point. If I was to comply and drop my weapon while my friend observed the situation to find in there and there were _ many people robbing me. He be able to try to kill them if he was to make a judgment call and think he could kill them?

Yeah, that certainly would be an option. But if you two together are clearly outnumbered, perhaps complying is your best option.