Server time: 2018-08-20, 22:32

Sign in to follow this  
Brabbzy

Last Night's Downtime (The RP Version)

So, as I'm sure many of you know, last night around the 22:00 everything went to shit. It seemingly went from dusk to midday over the course of about 20 minutes and then BAM... Silence... For 7 or so hours....

So, I propose the following...

UTES GOT NUKED BRO!!!! (oh shit son!)

oh-shit-son.gif

So the way I see it, the increase in brightness was obviously due to the explosion and subsequent fireball. Then after about 10 minutes the shock wave hit Chernarus blowing away and knocking everyone out (for a minimum of 7 hours apparently).

The reason for the attack is as yet unknown. Perhaps some outside force had reason to believe that Utes was the source of the infection, or maybe some research into a cure was making good progress there, but some shady fuckers didn't want it to see the light of day... (no, not you Umbrella).

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of this idea and if you think it should be taken up as DayZRP lore. Obviously it won't effect Chernarus much, but could add a little bit to RP, give people something to talk about, maybe something to base their new character background or even a clan around.

Thanks for listening (reading) chum-rades, Brabbzy out.

P.S, wasn't sure whether to put this in General or Roleplay or Events, but I just wanted to write a brief run down OOC of my idea. Admins, feel free to move it elsewhere if necessary.

Good concept, but if it was a nuke wouldn't errrrbody be dead?

Utes is pretty far off shore from Chernarus... so no, but we'd see the blast, and probably get knocked the fuck over.

Awesome concept !

Hope you develop it better !

Awesome concept !

Hope you develop it better !

If people like it and Admins, Devs, GMs etc think it's worthy of official lore, i'll write something up in the RP section (or let them do it, whatever).

It's not exactly a game changer of an event, but hey, it's something to talk about right?

Utes is pretty far off shore from Chernarus... so no, but we'd see the blast, and probably get knocked the fuck over.

What about the radiation? That's a legit question, I don't actually know

Uhm, if you're getting knocked over by a nuclear blast I'm fairly sure you're going to be fairly dead, from debris, the actual blast itself and radiation.

Also Utes isn't that far away, so a nuke going off so close to home would have an effect on South Zagoria.

I really wouldn't see this fitting into the lore.

Interesting idea. I spinned it as a Major Storm swept through the area in my character's Journal.

Still, an intriguing idea. Not entirely against it, however, Chernarus would likely be within the fallout area... and that's not very good.

Depends on the type of nuke used as well, and if it was detonated underground too.

Hey hey hey, US forces that are used for admin aboose events are stationed on Utes, you can't do that! :D

Ok, maybe I got a little excited with the whole "Nuke" thing then. But still, a big ass bomb.

Hey hey hey, US forces that are used for admin aboose events are stationed on Utes, you can't do that! :D

Well when you think about it, if it was DDoS from some bitter prat that's been struck down by the mighty ban hammer... Bombing the admins play pen would... kind of make sense ;)

Nah. Too over the top imo.

A nuke would most likely cause a bit of radiation, heck maybe even a tsunami.

Plus it fucks anyone's future backstory that came from Utes or went there.