Server time: 2017-10-17, 18:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lunarity

Poll about Knights of Chernarus

Knights of Chernarus should be created ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Knights of Chernarus should be created ?

• Yes because that's a brilliant idea
    • No, i don't like this idea
    • I don't really care

Guest Lunarity   
Guest Lunarity

King Rolle

and the Order of the Knights

I decided to start a poll about Knights of Chernarus.

So what's You opinion about that ?

If You don't know what is this all about then You should read THIS topic. You can talk there about Knights too :)

Guest mack1908   
Guest mack1908

I like that idea besides of giving aircraft or helicopter to the group for free. IMO they should find it on their own. Skin is acceptable.

Also I'd rather change the name of the group as IMO it doesn't really fit into the DayZ lore.

Trizer    0

I believe that the group as a group can exist but I do not understand why they had to have a helicopter or airplane (What the ...).

Each group should be responsible for themselves and not to ask for privileges.

For me only unique skin is a good idea. This group will be neutral so its good to recognize them.

Maajor    0

They are either admins helping out or a group helping out. Doing both is a bad idea, and bound to cause trouble/unneeded bans as they come into conflict with bandits or other groups.

A no from me.

Larsson    0

I like the idea of some sort of guardian group on the server. It would balance out the server since there are far too many individual and grouped bandits, in my opinion.

As for the idea of just keeping such a possible group within the TP... Well, whomever were to be elected for that group would get bored very quickly with just standing inside the TP all day.

Guest TheBorg   
Guest TheBorg

I personally do not think an organization should be setup just for the sake of helping players. I do believe though that new players could be helped by a group like the Elektro safehouse project.

The problem with that group as it is now, is that it lacks a clear leadership or any goals for that matter. I would suggest developing the group into seizing military control over Elektro (Atleast between Offices/School/hospital and the two fire stations), with that making sure bandits get weeded out and new players being helped. To support these actions(Ammo/weapons/Food) organized loot cycling must take place.

A group like this wouldn't have the need to rob and is still able to supply players items they might need. Essentially making them a player based "Knights group".

Seeing I have some spare time right now I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, seeing the region has quite some potential to help new players and supply the group enough to survive.

TD;LR

Get a group thats actually organized in a position of wealth (near main spawning locations). Allowing them to help instead of robbing.

Tomeran    3

I personally do not think an organization should be setup just for the sake of helping players. I do believe though that new players could be helped by a group like the Elektro safehouse project.

The problem with that group as it is now, is that it lacks a clear leadership or any goals for that matter. I would suggest developing the group into seizing military control over Elektro (Atleast between Offices/School/hospital and the two fire stations), with that making sure bandits get weeded out and new players being helped. To support these actions(Ammo/weapons/Food) organized loot cycling must take place.

A group like this wouldn't have the need to rob and is still able to supply players items they might need. Essentially making them a player based "Knights group".

Seeing I have some spare time right now I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, seeing the region has quite some potential to help new players and supply the group enough to survive.

TD;LR

Get a group thats actually organized in a position of wealth (near main spawning locations). Allowing them to help instead of robbing.

An interesting idea, although as the current leader(yes, I suppose I will take that title upon myself) of the safehouse project I feel it is neccecery to say that we do have goals and direction. The thing is however that they are largely simple: Build up the safehouse in terms of fortification, storage capacity and supplies, and then maintain this. That takes a lot of work and effort as for the past 9 days, especielly as we have had two database wipes and several sabotages.

Of course another objective is to keep this place as safe as possible, from both bandits and zombies. That objective if anything is difficult and challenging to achieve.

It is true that we are not as well organized as it could be, but that is also a work in progress. The nord clan is small(and we have a fair few inactives), so im mostly working with volunteers. That also means that they are a bunch of people that log on and off once in a while and help out however they can. It isnt firmly organised, because trying to organise so many volunteers and people requires an amount of spare time I simply do not possess. I do try to be online at the safe house to steer things up as often as possible, and organise things through the event thread as much as possible, but im only one person and its getting a bit heavy.

I dare say trying to get everyone to "militarily seize" Elektro and keep all of its spawn locations secure, as well as establishing loot cycles and affirmed roles for everyone, would be a gargantuan undertaking.

Finally, we are basicly already doing what you suggest: Helping people(never robbing them) and supplying them with what they need(at least what we can muster to find). We may not have an established loot cycle plan, but the fire stations, industrial area, hospitals, supermarket and other houses are very regurly looted by many scavengers working at the safe house, and they themselves organize when and how they feel like doing this. And that goes for the other volunteers too, they descide how, when and in what capacity they can help. And I quite like that system. It makes it easier for people to lend a hand and get involved.

Now if you would like to assist with the safehouse project, I'd be more then happy to accept your help. Especielly if you offer to help organize people and make sure everything is going along the lines it should.

Blizzard    0

btw there is both a sign and flag that says knights with a picture or a horse head on it