Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:06

Sign in to follow this  
Maajor

Rules and the TP

Maajor    0

The rules regarding cars and the TP are vague.

The term "unattended" concerning cars is the prime example. The issue is what is a "unattended" car? Does the owner have to be there? Inside the TP? This also conflicts with the idea of theft being prohibited in the TP.

I'd suggest the following ammendments to the rules inside the TP.

1. Item theft from the ground, bags or cars is prohibited.

2. Car theft is allowed provided there is nobody in the car.

3. Unauthorized access to a car (ie, someone jumps inside without your permission) allows leathal force to be used.

With those three simple rules, the grey area between taking an "unattended" car as per the rules and being banned for theft should be cleared up, as well as encouraging people to keep a close eye on cars and prevent the TP being a car park as it is at present.

ionize    0

Yeah, it would feel good to be able to set up tent in the TP, and it would also make the camp feel more alive with small tents littering the campsites.

Osaka    15

I have been at TP a few times, and every time I get there, there is trouble.

It's either people getting robbed, trolled or otherwise annoyed.

I haven't seen a single trade going on at all.

Just people showing off their cars, and running around aimlessly trying to sneak up behind you and check your backpack.

It seems that you get a 1 day ban for stealing from someone at TP, and a permaban for shooting his face off after you find out he stole from you.

1 day ban? I hope there's a character reset included. Otherwise stealing a rare item may be worth "doing something else just today".

The rules need a little fine tuning in my opinion. Regarding TP that is.

If you steal something from someone who within the vicinity of the trade point, you should be severely punished. Stealing someone's car when the user is clearly within the trade point should be the same thing.

If it is considered a safepoint, then let it be safe.

And bandits who stole a car shouldn't be immune to the 2 hour cooldown at TP.

When you steal something, go hide somewhere else. Face the consequences of being a bandit.

Maajor    0

Yeah, it would feel good to be able to set up tent in the TP, and it would also make the camp feel more alive with small tents littering the campsites.

If tents are to be allowed, we would need some sort of secure system, as it would be impossible to police and sort of defeat the entire traidng post, turning it into a storage base...

I have been at TP a few times, and every time I get there, there is trouble.

It's either people getting robbed, trolled or otherwise annoyed.

I haven't seen a single trade going on at all.

Just people showing off their cars, and running around aimlessly trying to sneak up behind you and check your backpack.

It seems that you get a 1 day ban for stealing from someone at TP, and a permaban for shooting his face off after you find out he stole from you.

1 day ban? I hope there's a character reset included. Otherwise stealing a rare item may be worth "doing something else just today".

The rules need a little fine tuning in my opinion. Regarding TP that is.

If you steal something from someone who within the vicinity of the trade point, you should be severely punished. Stealing someone's car when the user is clearly within the trade point should be the same thing.

If it is considered a safepoint, then let it be safe.

And bandits who stole a car shouldn't be immune to the 2 hour cooldown at TP.

When you steal something, go hide somewhere else. Face the consequences of being a bandit.

I agree. The rules regarding the TP are far to vague. Stealing is against the rules, taking cars inst, but stealing cars is.

A high level decision regarding the nature of the TP needs to be made. Is it a free-for-all, or a strict neutral zone. The middle ground is just leading to problems.