Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Very Ape

Witnessing a Robbery

Guest Very Ape   
Guest Very Ape

Hello! I haven't yet been white-listed, but something's been nagging my mind. I searched the forums for an answer but came up with none.

Let's say I'm enjoying a quiet stroll around Chernarus, and I happen across two other survivors. One is prone and unarmed, facing away from the other who has his weapon drawn and pointed at him. I assume, for obvious reasons, that the armed man is robbing the unarmed one.

Now let's say I'm out of communicable range, would I be within my rights to gun down the assumed robber? I'm quite the good Samaritan, and would like to help out the poor man without risking his life or my own. A well-placed shot from a distance seems the only way of accomplishing this.

This is the only instance of killing without establishing contact I could think of.

Of course, I could attempt communicating in side chat, but for argument's sake let's say this is impossible for me. Either because the supposed robber is within range of a building he could take refuge in immediately, or something else along those lines.

No.

If you are not in communication with the one being robbed, or have not made contact with the robber, you are not clear to engage.

At least that is my interpretation of the rules.

Oldman    22

You can kill him I think. You affiliate with the guy being robbed so your part of his group from the moment the bullet left your barrel. But I am curious about the answers from other people. Dont take my answer I just joint.

Clintbet    0

Hide and ask the victim if he needs help. If he answers yes, engage.

Very Ape, you're a fan of nirvana?

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

You can shoot him/her, but it might be a KoS, unless you're not the same group or seen and heard the event.

Zoarial    0

You are allowed as a 3rd party to kill a robber in the mist of a robbery. THIS SAID! if you are mistaken and it is not a robbery and a KoS is reported then you will be punished. So it is better to be sure than to get a KoS on accident.

Guest Very Ape   
Guest Very Ape

You are allowed as a 3rd party to kill a robber in the mist of a robbery. THIS SAID! if you are mistaken and it is not a robbery and a KoS is reported then you will be punished. So it is better to be sure than to get a KoS on accident.

What if I establish communication via Side Chat, being very specific in who I'm addressing so the robber undoubtedly recognizes himself, but to no response?

And yes, Clintbet, I'm a huge fan of Nirvana! I'm glad you caught that reference.

Larsson    0

There is no side chat on this server, Very Ape. Direct communication is all there is ingame.

Zoarial    0

Any legit way of finding out its a legit robbery then you are allowed to kill the robber. But if there is a KoS report "KoS'd while giving my friend my gear since i was getting of for a weekend geta way with my women" and you say "i thought it was a robbery" then you would be facing a ban.

Guest Very Ape   
Guest Very Ape

There is no side chat on this server, Very Ape. Direct communication is all there is ingame.

Yeah, I just noticed! xD

Well, I guess I'd have to get in direct comms range to ask then. :P

Murray    6

I doubt you'd even have to ask (and in turn, alert the robber of your presence.), simply hearing the conversation between the two would determine whether a robbery was happening.

ionize    0

yeah, a bandit stepping into a position of aggression takes him out of the comfort of neutrality, and, IMO, is a viable target for anyone. I mean, I should be free to help anyone I see fit, not just clan members, in the same way that robebrs can choose to attack anyone they see fit.

Guest Very Ape   
Guest Very Ape

I hadn't, for God knows what reason, even considered the possibility of spying on them!

Well, thank you all for your answers, I know now how to best handle the situation.

Murray    6

I hadn't, for God knows what reason, even considered the possibility of spying on them!

Most of my contacts with players in game usually starts with spying, (presuming I've got the jump on them), from there I usually make the decision whether to make contact or not, based on numerous factors.

Guest Very Ape   
Guest Very Ape

Most of my contacts with players in game usually starts with spying, (presuming I've got the jump on them), from there I usually make the decision whether to make contact or not, based on numerous factors.

Well, I do usually watch, but from a safe distance. The prospect of actually creeping up within direct comms range is rather exciting though!

Sign in to follow this