Server time: 2017-10-24, 04:13
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donoke

Suggestion : Supressed sniper (VSS Vintorez)

Guest Donoke   
Guest Donoke

Would be very interesting to see this added on the server, if its possible.

arma2weapons_Vintorezs.jpg

The VSS Vintorez (in English: Thread Cutter) is a suppressed sniper rifle made in Russia. It can be stripped down and transported in a relatively small briefcase and because of this it was mainly used for undercover operations by Spetsnaz. This weapon has a built-in suppression system making it a great infiltration and sniping weapon. The only drawback is the relatively small effective range of about 400m.

Guest ElisBoii   
Guest ElisBoii

This should be awsome!

Blizzard    0

yea definitely not op with its small range, anything 800m or more away requires a good guess, i would probably use this tho its one of my fave rifles

Leviathan    0

*bump* I still think this would be an awesome replacement for bizon or saigas. Thumbs up/down? too strong a weapon? What do you think?

Tomeran    3

Would be a nice replacement to the bizon. I dont see a lot of people using that anyway.

As long as the ammo for this weapon is restricted to heli crashes only(and as long as the weapon itself is very rare), I dont think this weapon will be that overpowered.

Leviathan    0

Would be a nice replacement to the bizon. I dont see a lot of people using that anyway.

As long as the ammo for this weapon is restricted to heli crashes only(and as long as the weapon itself is very rare), I dont think this weapon will be that overpowered.

word! It will have the same ammo issues as bizon/FAL/SAIGA etc

but compared to SAIGA and Bizon the Vintorez is filling a gap. So: swap something useful and exciting in for something pretty redundant.

BushWookie    0

It's got a high fire rate, and it's suppressed. So basically it's a DMR with a silencer. If these are going to be added, they better be damn rare.

We didn't end up getting a replacement sniper for the AS50, I feel we are owed one. And this one would fit right in, thumbs up for me.

It's got a high fire rate, and it's suppressed. So basically it's a DMR with a silencer. If these are going to be added, they better be damn rare.

9x39mm subsonic heavy-assed rounds = 400m effective range.

500-550 if you are really really good.

the bullets they fire are so heavy and so slow they have a very pronounced drop.

try one out in the arma2 armory.

a dmr is effective out to 800m, and the bullet gets to its target faster with a lot less drop.

close, but not quite on par with a dmr.

in real life this rifle is very rare, and that should be reflected in game.

Guest kmile   
Guest kmile

Please just don't take out the Bison :P it's the perfect Outpost defense rifle!

Livs    0

As far as I know, this rifle requires rMod to be installed on the server and the player's PC. Rolle has already said he won't implement rMod due to the many issues it might bring.