Sign in to follow this  
MyStiKzZ

Squad.xml and Clan Logos on Vehicles

MyStiKzZ    0

Arma2 has already got this built into there game

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/squad.xml

From Top of Wiki

About

To support the multiplayer community in their effort to play as teams, like many ArmA clans and squads are trying to, it's possible to create a common information file - the "squad.xml" -, which is stored on a personal webspace or on an FTP server and loaded by the ArmA game server, if a member of this team is playing on it.

Beside detailed informations about the single player and its team which can be gained by pressing "P" ingame, the feature supports also a common logo, which will be displayed on vehicles, if such team has boarded it. 

More info for Clans/Squads

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=13927

Basically clans can make a xml file and link it to there profile. It means that clans and there drivers will display there logos on the vehicle there driving.

If this is possible on the private hive or if not, Can it be made possible? I know I can use the xml file in my profile, But I'm not seeing any logos on the vehicles :P

Clintbet    0

Yes, this would be great! Like if you buy a vehicle, you'd order the tag on the door aswell.

MyStiKzZ    0

Yes, this would be great! Like if you buy a vehicle, you'd order the tag on the door aswell.

The Tag will only be displayed when your driving it.

i have this enabled, and it does work on the servers.

it works on all servers in fact. it is a part of ArmA2.

i have no idea how it's done. we have a guy who's job it is to create and update all the members xml stuff.

i was showing some guys at the TP how if i got in a car the 7th Cav logo would be on the door.

it doesn't seem to work on the land rovers or atvs though.

Larsson    0

Are we allowed to try this out, or shall we wait for a word from Rolle?

Edit: Just noticed that blue square over your character in the playerlist preview. What is that, MyStiKzZ?

Guest ElisBoii   
Guest ElisBoii

Whats the "wallhack" box you have at your character? :P

Rolle    2467

It should be already working, no changes needed for that. It's a built in feature in ArmA.

MyStiKzZ    0

No clue what it is, Tried to dupe the situation by going to player list again :( Screenshot was taken as I just joined the server. Edited Screenshot to show player list incase people get ideas.

Means CTC, CB, BB, Medics, Admins, Gamemasters can all have there own logos.

Larsson    0

Hmm.. Not sure why, but it does not work for me currently. MyStiKzZ, how did you share the squad.xml with the client?

Edit: I just downloaded Dropbox and apparantely new accounts do not come with a proper Public folder. I tried to use the 'Share Link' option, but this does not work. I've checked the squad.xml file five times, and everything is correct. Must be something with the new Dropbox format. Are there any other programs or sites that can be used to share the squad.xml to the ArmA 2 client?

MyStiKzZ    0

I will upload my files for you's to edit. These our my files I have hosted (All need to be in same folder when you host them)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56271375/Revival.rar

Make your own, image. 256x256 probaly best size and save it as a png and replace it with mine. (Keep same name)

You also need another copy of that image you made but converted to PAA using texview http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1563

Open PNG and Save As PAA (Change name if you want, just change it in xml file )

Open xml file and edit it to suit your needs as its currently 3 members of Revival on that one :P

When your finished, upload all files to your host.

Copy the host file name Example http://team-revival.host22.com/squad.xml

Edit your Profile on DayZ/Arma2 and at the bottem is a Squad URL slot to input that address

Hope that helps you all, Any other problems im glad to help.

Larsson    0

I've done all that, and everything is in order with my files. The new Dropbox format does not seem to work with the Squad URL in the Player Edit, though.

Larsson    0

Sweet, thank you MyStiKzZ. Will test it again after the restart and post an update on it!

Not entirely sure how to get the download link for the file from this webhost. It's mildly confusing to me!

Edit: Alright, I think I've got the link sorted. Let's see if this works!

MyStiKzZ    0

If theres still a problem, rar or zip your files for me to download and I'll check over them for you.

Larsson    0

The squad.xml shows up in the player list now, but it does not load the picture. The picture is a .PAA and it is 256x256. Is there a size-limit for it?

MyStiKzZ    0

You need 2 :P 1 PAA which you have. The other picture needs to be a PNG called sqd_logo.png (As thats the name in the file its looking for to show on the web)

Dont worry, took me a while to figure that out after reading through the files :P

Larsson    0

Sorted! The file just needs a bit of tweaking, but it works now! Thank yah, MyStiKzZ!