Server time: 2018-06-24, 05:05

Sign in to follow this  
TronaldDump

Chat issue

Hi all!

I'm playing on the server right now, and whatever I do (chat, voice) no one seem to be able to see or hear me.

Tried direct and group, nothing works.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Test your microphone first, start some recording software, a wave editor or something and test if your voice is actually recorded. Or try the Skype test service.

I have Voice over Net on the standard capslock key, it is vicinity based, and you'll see a microphone icon to the left of your screen. anyone nearby should be able to hear you then.

Or you have a sound setting set wrong somewhere.

Test your microphone first, start some recording software, a wave editor or something and test if your voice is actually recorded. Or try the Skype test service.

I have Voice over Net on the standard capslock key, it is vicinity based, and you'll see a microphone icon to the left of your screen. anyone nearby should be able to hear you then.

Or you have a sound setting set wrong somewhere.

I think my mic is working (works in skype), but people doesn't seem to hear me.

Same thing with the chat, no one can see what I type.

Is there a setting I can do in arma ui that will make it work?

I can't look in the menu right now. I don't have Arma2 running on my crappy laptop :P

But maybe someone can have as look, if not I'll recheck here tonight once I'm home.

I can't look in the menu right now. I don't have Arma2 running on my crappy laptop :P

But maybe someone can have as look, if not I'll recheck here tonight once I'm home.

Ok, thanks!

Double checked with the windows sound recording-thingy (you know the crappy software that's been around since win 95). Works fine.

Do you have a clue what might be wrong with the chat?

Solved the mic problem!

I didn't notice that you had to switch the mic over from Storage mode to Mic mode (i am using a zoom recorder since I don't have a computer mic).

The text problem seem to have gone away now as well, but I haven't done anything.

Strange...Ah well!

Thanks for the help!