[RULE QUESTION]: shoutbox baiting

Shoutbox Baiting ???  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Shoutbox Baiting ???

• Ya its a cool feature
    • Ney... 1 day ban for it
    • I like weed

Dergeno    0

i read the following in this report: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-castle-rog-rp-1

[undefined=undefined][solved] RE: KOS - Castle Rog, RP 1

Offtopic :You told its free to take in the shoutbox, so I assume its free to take then.

Traps are allowed, aren't they? [/undefined]

is using the shoutbox to lure players in your trap covered by the rules?

i personally think it destroys the gameplay and should be forbidden. but please clear up so i can be extra cautios when i read the shoutbox while playing.

Also: VOTE!

Zoarial    0

Intresting idea, i personally think that it shouldn't result in a ban but you shouldn't be allowed since it takes away from the ingame perspective. but if you want to do it in game say you are at the TP and say "hey i need help fixing a chopper who wants to come" that would be ok, but as for the shout box i would say no.

But i will speak the GM's and we will debate it and read what other people think. and hopefully Our fearless leader MR. ROLLE SIR will make the final say.

Dergeno    0

no question.. all ingame baiting betrayel etc. allowed...

specific shoutbox related.

Livs    0

Anything related to the shoutbox should not be part of the ingame "RP". It's up to you to believe if the person in the shoutbox is trying to fool you or not.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Yea. Ban the people that are so stupid to fall for it. ^^

hangman    0

although baiting someone with a "free" bike just to get a cheap kill is somewhat... cheap.

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

I guess there wont be any vehicles ingame which are free to take anymore after this..

See a vehicle? Dont even try to ask around if its owned, people will be camping far out and ignoring your chat/voice so they can shoot you as soon as you touch the vehicle..

It's real cheap and lame imo.

Kinda remembers me of the kiddos who kill you when you decide to share your weapon with a fellow fresh spawn..

Rolle    2450

Why am I not suprised that farbaute is involved in this? I think farbaute exploited every grey area in the rules so far, but still comes up with the new ways of causing chaos and destruction. I'm warning you - I won't tolerate it forever.

Oh, and I like weed.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Hahaha! Exploiting grey area of the rules?

I would love to hear in what way im exploiting the grey areas. i really want to know. :)

And if my memory isn't that bad, im pretty sure baiting has been ok a very long time.

But maybe the rules changed again without saying anything on the rules page? :)

Rolle    2450

I change the rules in my head all the time, it all depends on the mood :D

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Im serious. Please enlighten me on what gray areas of the rules i exploit.

For an admin to come with an accusation like that, i really hope you have something to back it up with?

cobalt    0

Hes the server owner ruler king not merely an admin

GET YOUR TITLES RIGHT CAPTAIN CHAOS

Tomeran    3

Personally, I dont think its against the rules, and I think a ban as punishment would be a tad harsh.

However, I'd say its also a rather evil tactic. Luring hopefuls for a free vehicle and then robbing their arses. I guess that's what some bandits do, but what do the robbers do if its just a bambi that shows up with no stuff worth taking? Rob a bambi? Very few robbers do that for a good reason.

Also, the shoutbox to my knowledge is not meant for these kind of things. There are plenty of other tactics robbers could use, its not like its hard finding victims on the south coast. Especielly if you use a heli as a bait.

My 2 cents

Dergeno    0

Shoutbox:

"paying [insert decent item] for pickup towards tp"

"laying in [position], need morphine"

people come to help and get robbed -> sad.

for me its miss-using the shoutbox and another perk for bandits only. there is enough robbing going on as it is and the shoutbox should not act as another tool for banditry(is it a word or a bird?).

if allowed than people soon start making second forum accounts to use the shoutbox and not get recognized etc.

Osaka    15

If it is allowed to bait using the shoutbox, then eventually people will "LOL" at your distress signals.

The boy and the crying of wolves kind of deal.

hangman    0

Man, i totally forgot about that wolves thing! wasnt it peter?

Peter und der Wolf?

Osaka    15

Man, i totally forgot about that wolves thing! wasnt it peter?

Peter und der Wolf?

Yup same story. :)

Jukki    1

From bandit view. No it should be not allowed. Gary doesnt allow BB members to use shoutbox to lure players. Also. If everyone starts using shout box for luring what will happen to helping guys. No one would like to help anyone since most pf the tiles it would be then just bandits going to rob the good helping guy.

I say it should be punished.

hangman    0

or at least infos on the shoutbox should be out of character, so actualy the truth. like "free bike" is a free bike.